Huskers Looking at LB Transfer from South Carolina

Mavric

Doesn't he play the same position as Rose? Unless we are going to a 3-4 a high % of the time one of them would sit a lot.

He has played MLB in the past, but that doesn't mean he couldn't move to one of the other positions.

Rose is coming off a torn ACL. I know Rose thinks he will be 100% in 2015, but with that injury, the guy isn't fully "100%" for 2 years. Zaire Anderson was much healthier in 2014 compared to 2013 (coming off ACL tear in 2012).

Also, who knows Banker/Bray's thoughts on the LB position. They may say "let's put the best 3 out there, regardless of position", or there may be LB positions where the guys are interchangeable.

Doesn't he play the same position as Rose? Unless we are going to a 3-4 a high % of the time one of them would sit a lot.

He has played MLB in the past, but that doesn't mean he couldn't move to one of the other positions.

Rose is coming off a torn ACL. I know Rose thinks he will be 100% in 2015, but with that injury, the guy isn't fully "100%" for 2 years. Zaire Anderson was much healthier in 2014 compared to 2013 (coming off ACL tear in 2012).

Also, who knows Banker/Bray's thoughts on the LB position. They may say "let's put the best 3 out there, regardless of position", or there may be LB positions where the guys are interchangeable.

I do think that will be the case...Bray himself said that he played all 3 spots...I think this staff will be less rigid with who plays where at the LBer spots.

I do think that will be the case...Bray himself said that he played all 3 spots...I think this staff will be less rigid with who plays where at the LBer spots.

you mean like how Santos was getting all the game reps over Zaire simply becuase he was the Will and we were in nickel all the time?

you mean like how Santos was getting all the game reps over Zaire simply becuase he was the Will and we were in nickel all the time?

Yeah...I always wondered about that...am I crazy in thinking there were games where Zaire did not play at all or maybe just a few snaps?

Yeah...I always wondered about that...am I crazy in thinking there were games where Zaire did not play at all or maybe just a few snaps?

nope. It was pretty much real until Santos got hurt, and Banderas simply wasnt getting the job done. I think Northwestern was the first significant time for Zaire. I may be wrong. And Santos was hurt against Miami, which was 3 game prior.

A big piece to is with the new defense, all the guys will be learning. Kaiwan isnt at a disadvantage.

No way this kid could have come in under Bo because of the complexity of his defense.

If the new defense is all about trusting your instincts, a kid with SEC experience and real game/ fast speed experience is in great shape.

Also he knows Rose. Building that chemistry will be easier as well.

I for one, am very excited and think this kid ends up here--but that is just a gut feeling.