LJS article on Husker O-line recruits

NUance

NU football: Recent Husker O-line recruits give hope to the future

January 17, 2015 10:45 pm • By Brian Christopherson | Lincoln Journal Star

Michael Decker made a low-key trip to Lincoln one Saturday in December. He didn't draw attention to his trek down I-80 because that would cast light on himself, and that isn’t Decker’s deal. He is a lineman’s lineman in that way.
The Omaha North star who committed to Nebraska in April was eager to talk with the new coaching staff. He had no expectations of running into one of the highest-rated offensive guard prospects in the country. But that’s what happened. Decker had never met Jalin Barnett, but he recognized the 300-pounder from Lawton, Oklahoma, from his pictures on recruiting websites.

LINK

Good stuff from the LJS. These are some names we're going to be hearing more of in the near future.

• Fire 1

Really, really excited about Cavanaugh. He's only 52, also! Lot of coaching left in him.

Joe Ganz said it well recently on the radio. You need to be great on both the OL and DL. I think we have in Nebraska a very highly regarded OL coach and a well respected scouter of talent, too. Should be a huge upgrade to a team that, in recent years, has appeared to be all skills players on offense and too little line.

If nothing else, this should explain quite a bit concerning our S&C for the past several years. Especially considering that kid was supposedly one of our better Lineman.

As well as scare away anyone of the opposite sex.

The opposite sex actually finds him quite attractive, mullet and all I guess. He had a pretty lovely lady with him downtown before the bowl game.

If nothing else, this should explain quite a bit concerning our S&C for the past several years. Especially considering that kid was supposedly one of our better Lineman.

The opposite sex actually finds him quite attractive, mullet and all I guess. He had a pretty lovely lady with him downtown before the bowl game.
Ya mean his sister?!...

To each their own...?