losing recruits to Michigan?

Sorry if I missed on the topic but did Husker fans see the bio on the new Michigan coach, Jay Harbaugh? He was a grad assistant at OSU for Coach Riley from 2008-2011. So the MU head coach, papa Jim, comes and steals recruits from Riley! Really. Guess that's how you thank the coach that got your son started in the business?

My thought process (while trying to stay positive) was that maybe he doesn't even need an in-home because he just wants to say "I'm going to Nebraska," and doesn't need any convincing.

I am kind of hoping for this but if Riley is already going to be out there, why not let him come by the house? If it wasn't already planned it would be a different story.

I thought all along that the longer he didn't say anything, the better it was for us. But this makes me think something's up.

I gotta tell ya, I wouldnt want coaches in my house. It was/is a shithole. I mean straight up embarrassing. I never got to have sleepovers or friends over as a kid because my mom was always so embarrassed. Just sayin. There are reasons.

I bet most coaches have seen some things...

True. But the serious point I'm making (not sarcastic at all) is that it's not about the coach's feelings. It's about mine. I just wouldnt want someone to see the inside of my house.

I gotta tell ya, I wouldnt want coaches in my house. It was/is a shithole. I mean straight up embarrassing. I never got to have sleepovers or friends over as a kid because my mom was always so embarrassed. Just sayin. There are reasons.

I bet most coaches have seen some things...

True. But the serious point I'm making (not sarcastic at all) is that it's not about the coach's feelings. It's about mine. I just wouldnt want someone to see the inside of my house.

I knew what you were trying to say.

Oh my gawd Count!!!

Today, I had a tower site survey in Cabazon, California. I went to the prospective owner's home, I mean I have never seen anything quite like it, junk a half mile out, dogs, cats running wild, filth, piled sky high around the house, a goat standing in the door way and the lady that owns the property came to the door holding a hockey mask like Jason's to talk to me. All the time apologizing for the mess. I was more worried about the hockey mask. We're talking out in the toolies here. I kinda looked over my shoulder all the way back to the car!!!!

You don't live in Cabazon correct?

Oh my gawd Count!!!

Today, I had a tower site survey in Cabazon, California. I went to the prospective owner's home, I mean I have never seen anything quite like it, junk a half mile out, dogs, cats running wild, filth, piled sky high around the house, a goat standing in the door way and the lady that owns the property came to the door holding a hockey mask like Jason's to talk to me. All the time apologizing for the mess. I was more worried about the hockey mask. We're talking out in the toolies here. I kinda looked over my shoulder all the way back to the car!!!!

You don't live in Cabazon correct?

No. That's not me.

I will say though, back in the day, when I was doin the demoltion derby thing, my property wasnt pretty. A few junk cars layin around. Tires. Motors. Racks of steel. When you think of redneck, well, yeah.

And in this day and age of constant money pooring and renovation and progression in all phases of a program, it's safe to say that what success was had at them places isnt sustainable on a long term consistent basis. I think that's what we saw with Riley at Oregon St. Unless you keep up with the jimmys and joes, youre gonna fall behind. And you cant argue that we may be seeing it with Standford as we speak. Theyre on a downtrend right now. Hell, it's hard enough for bluebloods of college football like the Texas's, Nebraskas, Michigans, Oklahomas, etc to constantly stay on the elite level. How can we expect someone like Stanford or Oregon St to do so.

Is Stanford on a downtrend because of Stanford, or is it because Shaw ran out of Harbaugh recruits? This is one of the reasons why I've always been extremely luke warm about hiring a Boise State coach. Koetter had things rolling on the smurf turf, but he failed and was fired at Arizona State. Dan Hawkins rinse and repeat at CU. Is Peterson the next at Washington?

There's a big difference between a visit from Jim Harbaugh and a visit from Mike Riley.

Almost as big as if they are completely different people.
Both have zero national titles and zero super bowl wins

One didn't need a portion of its fan base to do a Google search to find out who he was.

He was an alumni of michigan boy wonder. If Riley were from NU no one would wonder who he was

Give me a break. Everybody would have known and been psyched about Harbaugh no matter where he went.