Who's Leaving?

Mavric

The only 2 names I have heard thrown out there as guys leaving are Bondi and Faulkenberry... only 1 of which is on scholarship. Now, as you guys know, it is not uncommon for someone to come off scholarship and quit football if they have a long injury history (aka. Blake Lawrence with his concussions, one of the linemen a couple years ago). If we look at the roster, are there any players who have had injuries the whole time they have been here? It can be safe to say that if a scholarship player who redshirted and has been plagued with injuries is going into his senior year, he may have already graduated and may step away from football at that point. Another place our extra scholarships could come from include the walk-ons who received scholarships for last season. Guys like Fyfe who were #2 on the depth chart last year, he may not get a schollie renewed this year if he drops to 3rd or 4th on the chart. Plus you have to wonder if we don't lose one of our NLI guys for 2015 as an academic casualty. I feel like over the past several years with Bo, most years we have had somebody who didn't make it.

If we look at the roster, are there any players who have had injuries the whole time they have been here?

Corey Whitaker?

It can be safe to say that if a scholarship player who redshirted and has been plagued with injuries is going into his senior year, he may have already graduated and may step away from football at that point.

These guys just graduated:

Taariq Allen

Tyler Evans

Matt Finnin

Givens Price

Patrick Smith

If we look at the roster, are there any players who have had injuries the whole time they have been here?

Corey Whitaker?

It can be safe to say that if a scholarship player who redshirted and has been plagued with injuries is going into his senior year, he may have already graduated and may step away from football at that point.

Taariq Allen

Tyler Evans

Matt Finnin

Givens Price

Patrick Smith

Good digging! I saw Corey Whitaker mentioned in the OL post spring depth chart as a 3rd or 4th string player. Looks like he did practice all spring but likely won't crack the field.

What has Tyler Evans done since he's been here? I know he was on scholarship. And I haven't even heard the name Patrick Smith.... who the heck is he? Does he have a scholarship?

As the numbers stand, if Bondi leaves, aren't we still 2 over the 85 if all the freshman make it to campus?

And one more thing I didn't think of..... do we have any kids who could come off of an athletic scholarship and go on a full academic scholarship? I know the kicker coming in is walking on but getting an academic scholarship.

Corey Whitaker?

Taariq Allen

Tyler Evans

Matt Finnin

Givens Price

Patrick Smith

Good digging! I saw Corey Whitaker mentioned in the OL post spring depth chart as a 3rd or 4th string player. Looks like he did practice all spring but likely won't crack the field.

What has Tyler Evans done since he's been here? I know he was on scholarship. And I haven't even heard the name Patrick Smith.... who the heck is he? Does he have a scholarship?

As the numbers stand, if Bondi leaves, aren't we still 2 over the 85 if all the freshman make it to campus?

And one more thing I didn't think of..... do we have any kids who could come off of an athletic scholarship and go on a full academic scholarship? I know the kicker coming in is walking on but getting an academic scholarship.

There are lots of times guys who start at 3rd or 4th on the depth chart end up on the field due to injuries. We need all the depth we can get on the O line.

Tyler Evans was a 5th year senior this past fall and didn't play.

Pat Smith was a (graduate??) transfer kicker who had the job in 2013.

And you can't take guys off athletic scholarship and put them on academic scholarship. Something tells me that would be misused by 99% of all schools.

And you can't take guys off athletic scholarship and put them on academic scholarship. Something tells me that would be misused by 99% of all schools.

Correct, if a player sees the field his scholarship has to count towards the 85.

Correct, if a player sees the field his scholarship has to count towards the 85.

If a walk-on earns a scholarship during the season, it does not count toward the 85 until the following year. He must start the season as a walk-on.