Who's Leaving?

Mavric

Is anyone OK with under recruiting and throwing out ships to players we never heard of? I think it is pretty cut and dry. If you are on the 2 deep as a walk on you earned a ship. You drop below that? You go back to being a walk on

I'm not okay with the under signing. But what are the parameters of the 2 deep? so he is 3rd at spring so no scholarship but come fall he is starting but all the scholarships are gone so he doesn't get one? That doesn't seem right I guess

We are Nebraska. We are better than rescinding a scholarship because the situation becomes inconvenient.

It means more to be a Husker, to be a Husker fan.

I agree with the above.

If Riley decides to pull a walk-on schollie because he oversigned, then IMO he's indicating that he's a cut throat and ruthless coach. So he better win and win big early. Pulling a schollie is going to lose a whole lot of the good will he's engendered thus far.

Or, it just proves that he is doing what he feels is best for the program? I'd rather him not renew a walk-on's scholarship if it were best for the team - meaning that scholarship has better use than given to an individual who will be riding pine the rest of his career. It would be great to allow Fyfe to keep it, but sometimes it doesn't work out. Tough decisions will have to be made to get the program in the right direction and that might include dropping a Nebraska native.
Ya

Why did Bo's staff even have 5 scholarship QBs in the first place, it's not like a backup ever competed for the job, let alone 3rd/4th/5th string...what a waste.

Boaz is the easy one to point fingers at to leave, and I buy the reasoning too, but Id still like to see what he can develop into. His size for a corner is so enticing. Hoping it's not him.

How certain are we that all recruits coming in make it? Seems every year we lose 1-2.

In a perfect world, we'd have a scholarship QB in every class.

Along with 5 OL's, 2 DL's & 2 DE's.

I work with a guy who walked on and earned a scholarship. I asked him about the above issue. He said that it was a 1 year scholarship & to keep it he had to be in the top 2 of the depth charts. Thus, we do not take schollies away from walk-ons. They earn it and know what they need to do to keep it. PLAIN & SIMPLE!

But what if Fyfe isn't in the top 2 or 3 QBs, does he deserve a renewal of his scholly? I don't have an opinion either way, just curious.

I work with a guy who walked on and earned a scholarship. I asked him about the above issue. He said that it was a 1 year scholarship & to keep it he had to be in the top 2 of the depth charts. Thus, we do not take schollies away from walk-ons. They earn it and know what they need to do to keep it. PLAIN & SIMPLE!

But what if Fyfe isn't in the top 2 or 3 QBs, does he deserve a renewal of his scholly? I don't have an opinion either way, just curious.

The only reason he was #2 is because Stanton was hurt and Bush & Darlington were redshirting. Right time, right place.

But what if Fyfe isn't in the top 2 or 3 QBs, does he deserve a renewal of his scholly?

No.

Thanks!

It seemed like that's what it was, but that helps clear up the issue. I'm sure different coaching staffs have different policies on what is required to earn it consecutively.

How recent was that? Just curious.

Thanks for the insight. +1

Thanks!

It seemed like that's what it was, but that helps clear up the issue. I'm sure different coaching staffs have different policies on what is required to earn it consecutively.

Agreed, but I think Riley is trying to stay with tradition.

I would be just guessing, but late 90s. He played, but I do not think he was ever a starter.

I would be just guessing, but late 90s. He played, but I do not think he was ever a starter.
Ic, thanks.