State of the Board

Good Lord. If this afternoon's interaction -- or lack thereof -- with Eric the Red is any indication, the application of Huskerboard standards is clinically insane.

If I am about to disappear entirely, I really did enjoy Huskerboard for several years.

But wow...unwarranted deletions, no explanations and PM freezeout. I can't even begin to tell you how benign the original post was. I really can't. Because it will get deleted.

That's a bad look.

Go Big Red.

Go here to continue your discussion >>> ETR deleting posts in his looking for new moderator thread discussion continues here

And here's my explanation:

Posted Today, 08:30 PM

Guy Chamberlin, on 13 May 2015 - 6:26 PM, said:snapback.png

I would really appreciate if Eric the Red responded to me in a PM rather than continuing to delete my posts requesting clarification.

When posts get deleted, the thread gets confusing. Especially perfectly genial posts no different than other posts that remain visible.

I was being rather playful about this, but it just got insulting.

I appreciate your position, Eric, but you're making a lot more work for yourself.

.....I don't even remember/know what you posted....I really don't care..... I'm just asking that this thread be kept clean so I can focus my attention and concentrate on the members who have shown an interest in helping. I'm not mad, i do not dislike you.....I just want to work and respond to those who have shown an interest.

Here i created a thread for all of you to continue this. I'm not trying to stifle anything.

ETR deleting posts in his looking for new moderator thread discussion continues here

There was zero difference in the content of my post and several posts that were left standing.

Of course you know and care about what I posted. Or you wouldn't have continued to delete every subsequent post and ignored my PMs, making it look as if I'd crossed a line that I didn't.

Pretty germane on a thread discussing the virtues and demands of moderation.

This particular thread is about moderators/admins exercising their authority without feeling the need to offer explanation, so it's pretty germane to the subject, too.

I'm going to let you work on your apology. That last one sucked.

You might need to take a couple plays off. You are taking this stuff way too seriously.

They deleted my posts in there to.

No reason to freak out or wear a tin foil hat to think they are going after you.

I get it is frustrating to feel like your voice is being ignored or deleted, but it happens relatively frequently in order to keep the board clean and on-topic.

S0Yu02c.jpg

Don't be surprised when people are upset that posts that are well within board guidelines are removed with no explanation whatsoever. All you had to do was to put a post in there that explained you wanted to keep the thread clean like finally went in there today. It shouldn't be hard to realize that you don't just pull posts without saying something, publicly or privately.

And I'm still not sure what makes that thread so special. You asked for people to PM you if they were interested. There's your list. Or you could write names on a piece of paper, or in a notepad file. Sometimes I'd like my threads to stay clean from all the off topic diversions too. Can I get you to nuke all the posts I don't want to see in those threads?

Small rant over.

• Fire 3

Good Lord. If this afternoon's interaction -- or lack thereof -- with Eric the Red is any indication, the application of Huskerboard standards is clinically insane.

If I am about to disappear entirely, I really did enjoy Huskerboard for several years.

But wow...unwarranted deletions, no explanations and PM freezeout. I can't even begin to tell you how benign the original post was. I really can't. Because it will get deleted.

That's a bad look.

Go Big Red.

Go here to continue your discussion >>> ETR deleting posts in his looking for new moderator thread discussion continues here

I would really appreciate if Eric the Red responded to me in a PM rather than continuing to delete my posts requesting clarification.

When posts get deleted, the thread gets confusing. Especially perfectly genial posts no different than other posts that remain visible.

I appreciate your position, Eric, but you're making a lot more work for yourself.

.....I don't even remember/know what you posted....I really don't care..... I'm just asking that this thread be kept clean so I can focus my attention and concentrate on the members who have shown an interest in helping. I'm not mad, i do not dislike you.....I just want to work and respond to those who have shown an interest.

Here i created a thread for all of you to continue this. I'm not trying to stifle anything.

ETR deleting posts in his looking for new moderator thread discussion continues here

There was zero difference in the content of my post and several posts that were left standing.

Of course you know and care about what I posted. Or you wouldn't have continued to delete every subsequent post and ignored my PMs, making it look as if I'd crossed a line that I didn't.

This particular thread is about moderators/admins exercising their authority without feeling the need to offer explanation, so it's pretty germane to the subject, too.

You might need to take a couple plays off. You are taking this stuff way too seriously.

No reason to freak out or wear a tin foil hat to think they are going after you.

I get it is frustrating to feel like your voice is being ignored or deleted, but it happens relatively frequently in order to keep the board clean and on-topic.

It's really easy to toss out a post explaining why multiple posts were deleted. Pretty simple to respond to a politely worded PM.

It actually took more time and effort to keep monitoring and deleting and spinning off threads. At that point it was most definitely personal. It may be confusing if you didn't watch it unfold. That's one of the problems with unilateral deletions.

If we're recruiting Moderators on a board where some of the moderation has driven good posters away, it's a conversation worth having.

Or not.

To your point, I probably have better things to do.

And rest assured, Walksalone, I do not want to "poke the bear."

Because I never thought of Huskerboard moderators as bears.

Do you?

• Fire 3

If HuskerBoard Moderators were bears:

AR Husker Fan - Fozzie Bear (The Muppets)
BIGREDIOWAN - Gentle Ben
Blackshirt - Fuzzy Wuzzy (Fuzzy Wuzzy was a Bear)
Eric the Red - Baloo (The Jungle Book)
huskeraddict - Ted E. Bear (The Bear Who Slept Through Christmas)
knapplc - Winnie the Pooh
Mavric - Teddy Ruxpin
rawhide - Vincent (Over the Hedge)
zoogs - Yogi Bear

• Fire 3

That's a bad look.

Go Big Red.

It's really easy to toss out a post explaining why multiple posts were deleted. Pretty simple to respond to a politely worded PM.

It actually took more time and effort to keep monitoring and deleting and spinning off threads. At that point it was most definitely personal. It may be confusing if you didn't watch it unfold. That's one of the problems with unilateral deletions.

If we're recruiting Moderators on a board where some of the moderation has driven good posters away, it's a conversation worth having.

Or not.

To your point, I probably have better things to do.

And rest assured, Walksalone, I do not want to "poke the bear."

Because I never thought of Huskerboard moderators as bears.

Do you?

I hear you. It can be frustrating.

My point is more that they problem arent going to answer you and you are just going to sit and yell till your voice dies.

It did seem a little weird that they deleted posts, but probably not worth the fight, because i dont know what it achieves.

really it's like none of the banned members ever left, what with them tweeting me their comments on every post/status i make

You know, you can block them.....

But then you wouldnt get the attention you seemingly need to have.

I don't at all mind it, nor do I at all ask for it.

You minded enough to post something about it :D

really it's like none of the banned members ever left, what with them tweeting me their comments on every post/status i make

You know, you can block them.....

But then you wouldnt get the attention you seemingly need to have.

I don't at all mind it, nor do I at all ask for it.

You minded enough to post something about it :D

that took less than 40 seconds