Nutrition

You know there are actual symptoms of legit over training. Constant elevated heart rate, trouble sleeping come to mind immediately. Probably continual declining training performance..

I forget all of them but they're out there somewhere.

As per usual in this game, there are a thousand ways to skin this cat. People like their own stuff.

My opinion is that as long as you can actually measure progress (by weight lifted increases over time, time\distance ran decrease\increase over time, etc) then you're actually training and improving in some way.

Otherwise, you're just moving around.

• 2 weeks later...

buy a box of dry milk. Mix half a packet in a blender with whole milk, add a half or full container of blueberry yogurt, plus some sherbet or ice cream, and you’ll have 40 to 50 grams of affortable protein. Well known fact you can only assimilate 42g max per every 2-3 hours

Well known fact you can only assimilate 42g max per every 2-3 hours

Current research disagrees. Check out Dr. Layne Norton's research

Generally, you body will absorb everything you put in it. Sometimes, more than everything from a calorie perspective

If it didn't, you'd have a diarrhea problem after every meal that exceeded this arbitrary limit. People don't have this problem..

What is limited is how much protein is needed to trigger muscle protein synthesis. Current research shows Leucine appears to be intimately involved here. This threshold appears to be about 1.75g of leucine to trigger it at all, with optimal levels being reached at 3-4g. You can get this from a variety of sources, but generally 20g or so of protein from an animal will suffice. So it's more about what the minimum is to get the intended effect.

MPS lasts about 3 hours minimum once triggered.. Any additional substrate ingested for that is used energy. It isn't wasted.

Your body didn't evolve to be wasteful of food, as evidenced by all the large people walking around..

• Fire 1
  • 7 months later...

Simply disagree on the over training topic. I'm in the gym an hour and a half as it is. By the time I get through my run training I'll be running another hour to two hours depending on the scheduled training day. Add in a biking training session a couple times a week of 20-40 miles and you've got over training issues. Your muscles need time to recover and repair, that's how they grow. Doing arms 4 days a week doesn't sound like a good idea to me. JMO

it's not a bad thing to over train a little for 6-8 weeks. you'll recover and benefit from it. when i get too tired i just take a week off, but my workouts are for maintenence. not trying to push through any plateus.

• 3 years later...

From Eating Just 1 Meal a Day to Ice Baths: Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Reveals Extreme Daily Routine

The businessman said he eats just one meal per day at dinnertime between the hours of 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. as opposed the usual three to six small meals recommended by health experts. His dishes typically consist of a protein (chicken, steak or fish) with vegetables (salad, spinach, asparagus, or brussels sprouts.)

Dorsey does treat himself to dessert but limits the intake of sugar to only mixed berries, dark chocolate, or a glass of red wine.

When it comes to the weekends, Dorsey said he cuts out food completely, fasting from Friday through Sunday evening, and only drinks water for those three days.

As for daily routines, Dorsey revealed that he often meditates for an hour twice a day and jumpstarts his mornings by taking regular ice baths followed by sauna visits in the evening.

It’s not as relaxing as it may seem, as Dorsey explained that his evening hydrotherapy routine consists of sitting in the barrel sauna for 15 minutes at 220 degrees before hopping into the 37-degree ice bath for three minutes. After completing the extreme cycle three times, Dorsey tops off the bodily shock with one minute in the ice bath.

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

New healthy body goals for 2022?  Try avoiding these happy and comforting belly bloaters as often as you can.

PROCESSED MEATS
Cold cuts and, hot dogs,  are processed meats that contain numerous chemicals and preservatives, including nitrates.   Loaded with sodium, they  can inflate your belly!!!

PIZZA
Pizza is loaded with fat and  packed with tons of salt... and  causes belly bloat.  one slice of commerical pizza has 12-17 grams of fat and nearly 800 milligrams of sodium—which is a third of a day's recommended intake!  Make sure you have plenty of water, you are going to need it

CANNED SOUP

It's cold out side.  You see the tasty images on the can. Looks comforting.  Well apparently, It's not good for the soul... because it's bad for the stomach. So much sodium in soup leads to water retention and weight gain.  

BOOZE

You knew this was coming.  Alcohol  causes your body to retain water; but  is a diuretic as well, which causes you to pee more. Being dehydrated will make you feel even more bloated....like a big belly bloater.  

FRENCH FRIES

Hot, Tasty, yet Loaded with sodium, which will help make you feel bloated.  Scientists say that fries are near the top among foods, that are most likely to turn into belly fat.  

For the new year, try cutting back on Beers, wings, pizza, hotdogs, french fries, cold cuts....and also, delicious tortillas and white bread - which aren't too good for the belly as well. 

Get lean and mean!  You can do it!

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • 1 month later...
On 1/24/2022 at 12:39 PM, admo said:

New healthy body goals for 2022?  Try avoiding these happy and comforting belly bloaters as often as you can.

PROCESSED MEATS
Cold cuts and, hot dogs,  are processed meats that contain numerous chemicals and preservatives, including nitrates.   Loaded with sodium, they  can inflate your belly!!!

PIZZA
Pizza is loaded with fat and  packed with tons of salt... and  causes belly bloat.  one slice of commerical pizza has 12-17 grams of fat and nearly 800 milligrams of sodium—which is a third of a day's recommended intake!  Make sure you have plenty of water, you are going to need it

CANNED SOUP

It's cold out side.  You see the tasty images on the can. Looks comforting.  Well apparently, It's not good for the soul... because it's bad for the stomach. So much sodium in soup leads to water retention and weight gain.  

BOOZE

You knew this was coming.  Alcohol  causes your body to retain water; but  is a diuretic as well, which causes you to pee more. Being dehydrated will make you feel even more bloated....like a big belly bloater.  

FRENCH FRIES

Hot, Tasty, yet Loaded with sodium, which will help make you feel bloated.  Scientists say that fries are near the top among foods, that are most likely to turn into belly fat.  

For the new year, try cutting back on Beers, wings, pizza, hotdogs, french fries, cold cuts....and also, delicious tortillas and white bread - which aren't too good for the belly as well. 

Get lean and mean!  You can do it!

I know there's been a lot of fear-mongering over sodium and fat, but both are essential for sustained energy and hormone production. In addition, studies are now showing that higher cholesterol levels are associated with longer life expectancy. The association between saturated fat, cholesterol, and heart disease has been largely debunked. 

People would be better off avoiding sugar, bread, cereals, refined carbs, grains (including whole grain foods), most legumes, and oils such as canola, soybean, & vegetable oils. Those are the "foods" that cause the myriad of metabolic diseases that people suffer from on western diets. 

Disclaimer: I'm referring to overall health, not necessarily weight loss. Although, you will find it much easier to eat in a caloric deficit if you eat highly satiating, whole foods, mainly consisting of animal proteins.

Sidenote: If you get drunk, you can ingest a good amount of salt (1-2000mg) water before you go to sleep to help mitigate some or most of the hangover