New DB Coach Brian Stewart

Haspula

To bad he too only stays one year at a time. Next year we will be looking for another when he moves to be a DC somewhere. Sorry to be a downer just how i'm seeing it. On a positive lots of experience. Hopefully they can mesh well with all of the DC experience and philosophies

To be honest, next year we maybe should be looking for another. Good press for us if our position coach is heading off to another DC gig, and next year the whole pool of college coaches will be available for Riley to make pitches too. Because he won't have a spot vacated unexpectedly just before Spring.

If he's hired (since no one is confirming) he's going to have to take a major pay cut.

He made over 350k per year at Maryland.

He just signed a multi-year deal. Depending on the details, Maryland might owe him the difference between that pay and what he makes next. Odds are he is in the 250-275K range for DBs here.

____Brian Stewart_______________Charlton Warren

DSTXJPMOMCGWRCW.20130416103755.jpeg______137.jpg____

I guess we only hire a DB coaches with the shaved head look. :lol:

I think he looks like Hines Ward

Ha ha! When I looked at this again in your post I thought: "that looks a lot like Tiki Barber." Well, that's because the pic above is Tiki Barber. (My bad.) I had searched for Charlton Warren and the search results included the pic above of Tiki. This is Charlton, below, from huskers.com. I couldn't find a pic of him smiling.

CYBXYNIDJXWJAJF.20140124213123.jpg

• Fire 1

Ha ha! When I looked at this again in your post I thought: "that looks a lot like Tiki Barber." Well, that's because the pic above is Tiki Barber. (My bad.) I had searched for Charlton Warren and the search results included the pic above of Tiki. This is Charlton, below, from huskers.com. I couldn't find a pic of him smiling.

You sure that isn't Hines Ward then?

Personal

Date of Birth: Dec. 4, 1964

Hometown: West Covina, Calif.

Alma Mater: Northern Arizona 1995

Coaching Experience

Maryland - 2012-Present: Assistant Coach - Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs

Houston Cougars - 2010-11: Assistant Coach - Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs

Philadelphia Eagles - 2009: Assistant Coach - Defensive Special Assistant

Dallas Cowboys - 2007-08: Assistant Coach - Defensive Coordinator

San Diego Chargers - 2004-06: Assistant Coach - Defensive Backs

Houston Texans - 2002-03: Assistant Coach - Defensive Backs Assistant

Syracuse - 2001: Assistant Coach - Defensive Backs

Missouri - 1999-00: Assistant Coach - Defensive Backs

San Jose State - 1997-98: Assistant Coach - Defensive Backs

Missouri - 1996: Graduate Assistant Coach

Northern Arizona - 1994-95: Assistant Coach - Tight Ends/Special Teams

Cal Poly - 1992-93: Assistant Coach - Wide Receivers/Running Backs

Playing Experience

Northern Arizona

1986-87: Defensive Back

1983: Defensive Back

Santa Monica City College

1984-85: Defensive Back

Recruiting Area

Primary: Texas (Dallas), Southeast Florida and Junior Colleges

Secondary: California

Link

I don't believe he was ever the 'real' defensive coordinator in Dallas. Bill Parcells turned that defense into a strong 3-4 and was then replaced by Wade Phillips who hired Stewart to "coordinate" his defense. Then the defense actually improved from 08 to 09 and Dallas fired Stewart to try and oust Phillips.

Not trying to say Stewart isn't a good coach, because I liked him a helluva lot more than Mike Zimmer, but he wasn't truly the DC of the DC.

• Fire 1

You sure he isn't will shields in disguise?

CYBXYNIDJXWJAJF.20140124213123.jpgshields.jpg

• Fire 1

Isn't anyone kind of worried about how he hasn't ever stayed in a single place more than three years and most places one to two years and then moved on? Maybe he is a hard case who is tough to get along with? Maybe there is good reason for all his moving around... I don't know. What I do know is we are trying to find a DB Coach that won't leave after a year or two and can anyone tell me this guys history is indicitive of that?

I'm not sure I like this choice but I do understand that Riley was caught off-guard and doesn't have much time to mess around making up his mind? Maybe this guy is the best choice on such short notice?

• Fire 1

Isn't anyone kind of worried about how he hasn't ever stayed in a single place more than three years and most places one to two years and then moved on? Maybe he is a hard case who is tough to get along with? Maybe there is good reason for all his moving around... I don't know. What I do know is we are trying to find a DB Coach that won't leave after a year or two and can anyone tell me this guys history is indicitive of that?

The years of the moves don't seem to indicate that. They either appear to be a move up, like a mid range college job to an NFL job usually when a new staff takes over, or the moves seem to happen the years when the staff he was with was let go. I would say it looks like he would not be a long term solution, particularly if the NFL came calling again. But I wouldn't make judgments about how he gets along with guys. Riley has made statements about his guys have to treat people right, so that would not seem to add up.

It is not clear where Stewart will end up. A former defensive coordinator at Houston as well as with the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, Stewart had unsuccessfully tried to get a college head coaching job over the past two years, including a couple attempts in recent months.

(Probably have his name written in pencil on sports tape on his office door)
  • Fire 1

It is not clear where Stewart will end up. A former defensive coordinator at Houston as well as with the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, Stewart had unsuccessfully tried to get a college head coaching job over the past two years, including a couple attempts in recent months.

(Probably have his name written in pencil on sports tape on his office door)

Hopefully he was hired on some sort of contract with a harsh penalty for leaving after the first year?