So Mad you Turned off the Game

It's been years since I've been 'mad' at a Husker game. Maybe the last time was the 2009 Big 12 Championship/1 second on the clock debacle. I definitely remember the '98 Texas A&M game where Bobby Newcome threw the int that sealed the win for the Aggies in the final minutes. I was home alone thankfully at the time and after he threw the pick I grabbed the first thing I could find which at the time was a shoe and just threw it followed by me immediately turning the game off. It took me about 5 minutes to come back and notice that the shoe had managed to go right through the drywall and put a good size hole in the mid to upper part of the living room wall. I put a picture that was on another wall over the hole until my girlfriend came home and after a few minutes she was like 'what's that picture doing there?' I felt like a complete idiot and that was the last time I ever let myself get really pissed like that over a Husker game or any game for that matter. Lesson learned. :hmmph:dunno:facepalm:

Wiscy game this past year. My brother and I got into it when we were only down two scores, I left his house midway through the 3rd, the roads were crappy and took longer to get home and by the time I turned it on the score was like 44-whatever and we turned the ball over again. That was the first game I've turned off. So disgusted.

But, I have stayed for the bitter ones as well. Stayed for the full slaughters that were 2013 MSU and 2013 Iowa. Felt obligated, don't know why.

Maybe because neither game was anything close to a 'full slaughter', much less a regular old slaughter.

yeah. I was gonna say this. You probably stayed because each of those games were still 1 score games well into the 4th quarter. And if you stayed that long, you might as well finish it out.

...but for those that say you can't exactly walk out on a game when you're in the stadium..I respectfully disagree.

I think you misunderstood.
It's possible. I think my only point was that if youre not sure you could ever walk out of a stadium early...that day would have been a test of your resolve.

But maybe you were there too..and stayed.

Never. Part of it is because I expect the team not to quit, so I'm not going to quit watching either.

I'm the same way.

If I can look out there and see the kids are still fighting then I'm not gonna quit on them either.

The games I have turned off I felt it was pretty obvious the team had given up, as sad as that is to say.

Like I said above, I don't think I could walk out of the stadium early. It just wouldn't feel right.

Im not talking score slaughter, they were much closer than the final tally suggested. I really meant it was more of a slaughter to watch us play that badly, poor choice of wording on my part, knowing full well that had we sucked it up and tried even a little more, we could have won both games. Even when I knew the games were over I couldnt pull myself away.

That season still pisses me off, what could have been. Last season it was more of a "Well, no need for a translator, the writing on the wall kinda speaks for itself..."

I may be crazy, but I have never turned off a game. In 2001 against Colorado my family was in Branson, MO for the Thanksgiving Holiday. We had big plans to go to Lambert's Cafe after the Husker game on Friday. Wanting to beat the rush, my mom and sister begged my dad and I to turn off the AWFUL game and leave. My dad said we were staying and we did, just like always. Good or bad I sit through it, even if it is misery.

I hope there will be much more joy and less embarrassment as I watch games in the future.

408 yards allowed by one player

70 points allowed by one team

Losing your first conference game in your new home in blowout fashion

Wisconsin has a lot of reason to think of us as their beyotch. If there is one thing Mike Riley can do for me during his tenure as Husker HC, it would be take the Huskers to Camp Randall and blow the Bagers out of the stadium. Im talking 60-13 blowout with 2nd string playing a majority of the second half. Do that and I will love you forever.

This is why I sometimes wish we were in the Big10 with our 90's teams...

I sat and watched the entire 2004 Texas Tech game. 70-10. This blowout was different than the Wisconsin drubbings because I never sensed that the team ever quit. It was just a flurry of INTs mostly against a team that could score in 2 seconds.

I personally have never turned a game off, but I actually missed the end of the 97 mizzou game. I was still listening to it on the radio in a deer stand and then it looked like it was pretty much over and it wS time for me to walk back. By the time I got back to the car my dAd was all excited and said "somehow they came back and won." Other than that I've missed ends of some of the games but it wasn't so much turning it off as much as doing other things like hunting