QB Brandon Peters [Michigan Commit]

Mavric

Oladokun would seem to be our top target now.

I could see us taking two but I don't think we do until we know someone is leaving. Maybe two. One leaving would still give us 5 QBs on the roster. But I wouldn't be surprised if two of our current QBs leave, either.

Oladokun would seem to be our top target now.

I could see us taking two but I don't think we do until we know someone is leaving. Maybe two. One leaving would still give us 5 QBs on the roster. But I wouldn't be surprised if two of our current QBs leave, either.

I could see Darlington's career be ended early due to concussions. And I wouldn't rule out a transfer for Stanton either.

Unless he gets another one, I don't think concussions will be the issue for Darlington. It doesn't seem to be an issue and hasn't for about a year. However, he seems to be down the list a ways so he may decide to try again somewhere else, especially since the coaching change.

Sounds like most people's best guess is Bush and Stanton are close for the #2 spot. I'd be a little surprised if Stanton leaves if he's that close to the top. But if he's clearly behind Bush he could leave. Also curious if Fyfe ends up being fourth after being #2 last year if he might not look for another spot to play.

Losing two of the current guys wouldn't be surprising at all. Having five guys stacked so closely in age means the bottom guys are not looking at much chance to ever see the field. Especially if Bush is in the top three.

• Fire 1

Alright guys... Here's the scoop.

I realize Peters just committed to Michigan, but...rumor has it Drevno didn't recruit Peters at USC, he actually ignored him when he came on his own families dime. (Does this remind anyone of a certain situation?)

Now, I just looked at Peter's twitter and he took all of the Michigan banter off of his profile....

I THINK WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE!

EDIT: Sorry, I had to after someone mentioned Burrow.

Unless he gets another one, I don't think concussions will be the issue for Darlington. It doesn't seem to be an issue and hasn't for about a year. However, he seems to be down the list a ways so he may decide to try again somewhere else, especially since the coaching change.

Sounds like most people's best guess is Bush and Stanton are close for the #2 spot. I'd be a little surprised if Stanton leaves if he's that close to the top. But if he's clearly behind Bush he could leave. Also curious if Fyfe ends up being fourth after being #2 last year if he might not look for another spot to play.

Losing two of the current guys wouldn't be surprising at all. Having five guys stacked so closely in age means the bottom guys are not looking at much chance to ever see the field. Especially if Bush is in the top three.

Not to mention the fact that Darlington's dad tailored their high school offense to mimic Beck's, and now he's starting over in a new system. I know Riles is going to incorporate some spread elements, and he'll tailor his offense to suit our strengths, but that one built in advantage Darlington had is now gone.
  • Fire 1

Think if Stanton isn't in the top two after spring, he walks. I wouldn't be surprised if Fyfe left either...if he want to play. Still think its questionable he's even on scholarship, not trying to down him. Don't feel Darlington fits Riley's scheme and would fit much better in a spread attack. The frustrating thing about Peters is that he'll be going to a roster with several guys with similar skill sets. Whereas he's stand alone at Nebraska, but there wasn't much anyone could do.

A couple of observations about Peters.

1. While we don't know how aggressively our staff was after him, it's apparent that Harbaugh went all in once his top QB choice turned him down in favor of Stanford. The sting of losing your top choice makes most coaches eager to fill the void quickly.

2. If Peters was NU's top choice and just lost out on him, will our coaching staff become more aggressive now too with their other options. Hopefully we'll get some clues soon.

3. As we see from year to year, any recruitment is not over until signing day. If I were Riley and company, I would not stop pursuing Peters just as Harbaugh kept coming after our recruits. Even if we are on the outside looking in, strange things start to happen when football is played, and if Michigan struggles at all this coming season, some of their recruits may think twice.

• Fire 1