I watched a bit of the BYU vs Memphis bowl game last night. BYU's OL is rough, for sure. Obviously, they'll have a bit more experience this year, but I'm interested to see how the new 1-Gap "attacking" D does against it. Collins and VV could have a good game if they can get pressure, and hopefully that gets Taysom Hill running to the sidelines vs the DL standing and waiting for him to pick a gap.

I'm not so worried about their QB, but our own offense...

The only thing I'm worried about is breaking in a new scheme against a slightly above average team. All other factors should have the Huskers favored.

But you know what they say. anything can happen in CFB.

This could potentially be a big coming out party for a pass-first Riley/Langsdorf offense. They lose five contributors from a secondary on which a lot of teams passed pretty much at will (including Boise State and Utah State, 77% completion for 13.1 yards per attempt). If they want to get Tommy 35-40 attempts I wouldn't be mad about it.

• Fire 1

It will be one or maybe two players that BYU disciplines for the fight BYU players started with Memphis players. BYU is notorious for not discipling players.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the only Kewger player got a suspension is the cheap shot artist caught on TV pounding on the back of the poor Memphis players head while he was being held by his own coach defenseless from the brutal attack from behind.

BYU is so smug and holier than thou that it does what the coach calls handling player discipline "internally" that means no discipline at all.

Will Riley do better than Bo? Not one single poster on here knows. That includes basement dwellers and pompous coaches. I for one would like to see how it shakes out. Part of the fun ya know?

Riley was a better coach yesterday than Bo, Riley is a better coach today than Bo and Riley will be a better coach tomorrow than Bo. Bo has moved to the level of coaching that he belongs at, just like Solich is at the level he is most suited for.

• Fire 3