I can give the code to beat BYU.

BYU doesn't have much talent on offense aside from the quarterback who's really a running back because he can't pass very good. If your coaches go back and look at how Utah State and Utah have been able to shut down the BYU offense for years, Nebraska will win for guaranteed. The way Utah and Utah State has been able to beat BYU year in and out drives all the Cougar fans crazy because they hate so bad to lose to the two state schools in Utah they look down on and despise so hard. BYU fans run around saying they're school is the Harvard of the West for academics and the Notre Dame of the West for sports.

OK the code, if you lock down BYU receivers, it puts Taysom Hill in a position that he has to run in order for the Kewger offense to gain any yards. The offense is mostly 1 dimensional with the lack of talent. It's also not very hard to shut down BYU passing game because Hill is almost always off target, sometimes badly. So after shutting down BYU passing, put a spy on Hill who can run faster than him. Hill will start running a lot if the passing game is going bad, so you just need to get him that that's his only option and he'll play right into your defense's hands if the spy is quick enough to run him down.

Your coaches should also be aware of possible cheap shots like the horrible helmet to helmet hit BYU did on Washington posted above.

Good luck in the game. A lot of people in Utah will be cheering for Big Red.

I have a hard time taking this seriously.

AggieAndee is a long time Utah State troll who visits the message board of every BYU opponent to talk smack about BYU. It's a really weird obsession.

That seems like a terribly odd way to spend your time..

@Landlord

I don't know what you mean. I'm rooting for Big Red and want BYU to lose. Most of the state of Utah don't like BYU anymore and want them to lose to.

It's important as a matter of fact. There are rumors flying all over the place that the Big 12 might be interested in BYU. But if BYU loses to Nebraska and has a bad season, it would be almost be for guaranteed that the Big 12 would look elsewhere instead.

I just want to share all the information for Nebraska to beat Kewgers in September.

People got really overreacty in this thread. I'm very positive and optimistic about Riley. I think he'll do as well as or better than Pelini, and people who look at Riley's record as a knock on him are ignoring some pretty damn important facts like the talent he had there.

That being said, we don't know how Pelini would do with as little talent as Riley had. IMO, being a good coach is about how many wins you have compared to how much talent you had. So I don't think we have enough to go on to unequivocally state that Riley is a better coach than Bo. Hearsay isn't enough for me. A good coach who is nice is likely going to have more people raving about him than a good coach who is an a-hole. Riley is better at a lot of the aspects of coaching but I can't say yet whether he's a better coach. A few seasons will tell.

• Fire 4

Riley was a better coach yesterday than Bo, Riley is a better coach today than Bo and Riley will be a better coach tomorrow than Bo. Bo has moved to the level of coaching that he belongs at, just like Solich is at the level he is most suited for.

Based on what?

stop

why, because I'm not blindly following a guy?

You guys should look at yourselves, it's frightening. This dude hasn't won anything here yet. You're all drinking the Jim Jones "he's not Bo" kool aid. You're like the college football version of Al Qaeda...

• Fire 1

People got really overreacty in this thread. I'm very positive and optimistic about Riley. I think he'll do as well as or better than Pelini, and people who look at Riley's record as a knock on him are ignoring some pretty damn important facts like the talent he had there.

That being said, we don't know how Pelini would do with as little talent as Riley had. IMO, being a good coach is about how many wins you have compared to how much talent you had. So I don't think we have enough to go on to unequivocally state that Riley is a better coach than Bo. Hearsay isn't enough for me. A good coach who is nice is likely going to have more people raving about him than a good coach who is an a-hole. Riley is better at a lot of the aspects of coaching but I can't say yet whether he's a better coach. A few seasons will tell.

thank you...

It won't take nearly that long. This season will be enough. Frankly, I will be surprised if 408 ever rises above the coaching level he is currently at. Riley .has been a head coach in college as well as the NFL and in Canada. Even won a couple of Championships. 408---not so much.

• Fire 1

Riley was a better coach yesterday than Bo, Riley is a better coach today than Bo and Riley will be a better coach tomorrow than Bo. Bo has moved to the level of coaching that he belongs at, just like Solich is at the level he is most suited for.

Based on what?

stop

You guys should look at yourselves, it's frightening. This dude hasn't won anything here yet. You're all drinking the Jim Jones "he's not Bo" kool aid. You're like the college football version of Al Qaeda...

At this point in time, not being Bo IS enough and IS an improvement. Not sure how a few of you can't seem to grasp that. Bo was taking us nowhere. Nine meaningless wins handcuffed to 2 or 3 embarrassing beat downs per year. Big fuggin whoop. No conference championships, no sniff at anything more. Does it really matter if the win total was 7 or 8 or 9 or 10? No, it doesn't matter especially when you're getting your taints kicked in by any team with a heartbeat.

Look, I can't say for sure MR will bring us back to prominence or deliver the championships we crave but it doesn't take much imagination, much logical reasoning ability to see that our coaching staff improved immensely with this change. You can say you need to see the results on the field all you want but until we have more information to go on, I'm going to keep believing and keep drinking g the Kool-Aid because I know we are better off without Bo Pellllini. That deal was going nowhere. Proven fact.

• Fire 5

I would type a long rant of all the things I think make Riley a better coach than Bo, and I really have quite a list involving personality traits, abilities as a teacher and a coach, and career experience and experiences. I just think it's a waste of time.

There's no amount of facts that are going to make anyone agree. Clearly Riley's previous experience doesn't count for much in some your eyes or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I don't care that one is a nice guy and the other is a big meanie head. I haven't drank Kool-Aid since I was a kid.

Fact is, all any of us really care about is what Riley does from here forward as Nebraska's coach. It may not even matter how well he does here, there will still be people that want to debate this, and they could. What would Riley winning or losing prove? Bo could still be a better coach. Riley could still be a better coach. There would be arguments made for both sides and really who gives a damn.

Personally, I think Riley is a better coach than Bo, like I said, I won't waste the time trying to convince you. We don't need to agree. It doesn't matter if we do agree. We all should hope he is at this point though. I'd sure like to see the Huskers in that College Football Playoff sometime soon. Maybe a Conference title for starters.

• Fire 2

So who would you rather have, walks? just curious. I think we all agree that Panini had to go, so we had to take somebody. He was a terrible coach, a poor recruiter and a national laughingstock. He benefitted from Callahan's leftovers and subpar B1G competition and all I remember for the last 7 seasons is getting absolutely mudholed by nearly every decent team we faced.

I'm not expecting a great season this year as the Panini mentality is purged, but I am optimistic for the future. That's about as good as it gets after 14 years of putridly bad football.

• Fire 1

Based on what?

stop

Frightening?? Really????

For what? Because we are fans and are excited about our team?

Dude, this isn't life or death stuff.