Here's some fun bits of information about BYU:

--This is the 9th time in the last 11 years that BYU will open the season against a team from a Power 5 conference, having matched up with Boston College, Arizona, Oklahoma, Washington, Ole Miss, Washington State, and Virginia.

• 2005 Boston College: BYU lost 20-3, Boston College finished the year 9-3
  • 2006 Arizona: BYU lost 16-13, Arizona finished the year 6-6
  • 2007 Arizona: BYU won 20-7, Arizona finished the year 6-6
  • 2009 Oklahoma: BYU won 14-13, Oklahoma finished the year 8-5
  • 2010 Washington: BYU won 23-17, Washington finished the year 7-6
  • 2011 Ole Miss: BYU won 14-13, Ole Miss finished the year 2-10
  • 2012 Washington State: BYU won 30-6, Wazzu finished the year 3-9
  • 2013 Virginia: BYU lost 19-16, Virginia finished the year 2-10

So while BYU has started the year facing a Power 5 opponent--with the exception of Boston College--no opponent finished with #9wins. Meaning that BYU isn't this world-beating team that a simple 5-3 record against Power 5 opponents would lead you to believe. Nevertheless, BYU will provide a good litmus test for how the Huskers will fare in 2015-16.

--This is the first time in both schools histories that BYU will meet Nebraska.

--BYU is 3-7-1 all time against Big Ten schools

• Fire 1

Here's some fun bits of information about BYU:

--This is the 9th time in the last 11 years that BYU will open the season against a team from a Power 5 conference, having matched up with Boston College, Arizona, Oklahoma, Washington, Ole Miss, Washington State, and Virginia.

• 2005 Boston College: BYU lost 20-3, Boston College finished the year 9-3
  • 2006 Arizona: BYU lost 16-13, Arizona finished the year 6-6
  • 2007 Arizona: BYU won 20-7, Arizona finished the year 6-6
  • 2009 Oklahoma: BYU won 14-13, Oklahoma finished the year 8-5
  • 2010 Washington: BYU won 23-17, Washington finished the year 7-6
  • 2011 Ole Miss: BYU won 14-13, Ole Miss finished the year 2-10
  • 2012 Washington State: BYU won 30-6, Wazzu finished the year 3-9
  • 2013 Virginia: BYU lost 19-16, Virginia finished the year 2-10

So while BYU has started the year facing a Power 5 opponent--with the exception of Boston College--no opponent finished with #9wins. Meaning that BYU isn't this world-beating team that a simple 5-3 record against Power 5 opponents would lead you to believe. Nevertheless, BYU will provide a good litmus test for how the Huskers will fare in 2015-16.

--This is the first time in both schools histories that BYU will meet Nebraska.

--BYU is 3-7-1 all time against Big Ten schools

Who's claiming to be world beating? I think BYU could beat maybe 40-45% of P-5 schools. Nebraska could probably do 60-65%. I think it will be a fun matchup but nobody who live outside the mental hospital is predicting national championships here.

after meeting the byu fans, gotta say, i hope we cripple the hell out of hill, and the rest of the team, sweep the fugging leg until it breaks off simpsons style.

A little extreme, but I like your enthusiasm.

be honest, that's what the peters, tomich, and wistrom woulda done. hell suh would too, i want violence, i want to see someone decapitated. i want piss and vinegar, never mind the fact that the mods can attest i detest mormons(pretty sure it was ar husker who gave the warning).

Sounds like you got dumped by a Mormon chick or something.

after meeting the byu fans, gotta say, i hope we cripple the hell out of hill, and the rest of the team, sweep the fugging leg until it breaks off simpsons style.

be honest, that's what the peters, tomich, and wistrom woulda done. hell suh would too, i want violence, i want to see someone decapitated. i want piss and vinegar, never mind the fact that the mods can attest i detest mormons(pretty sure it was ar husker who gave the warning).

edit: there was a joke there that would be frowned on.

so no i didn't, i have standards and mormons don't meet them.

nevermind the fact i'll say the same thing every week, i want to see the qb's helmet roll off with his head still in it. and his body 15 feet the other direction.

nevermind the fact i'll say the same thing every week, i want to see the qb's helmet roll off with his head still in it. and his body 15 feet the other direction.

Idk, I've heard Mormons are pretty good looking.

their morals are pretty ugly though.

their morals are pretty ugly though.

The fact that you keep up this type of hatred is pretty ugly as well. You've said things on here that would suggest you have absolutely no morals. So for you to say they have ugly morals is laughable.

• Fire 1

You can argue religious or racial, but it doesn't change the point.

Yet the board allows that BYU & Religion thread to continue on.

The mods already nuked an anti-semitic reply earlier in the thread, and the poster was warned. The other religious discussion was moved to the Politics & Religion forum, and the rules are a little looser in there. Ya'll can talk trash, but bigotry isn't allowed. This is the Husker Football forum, so lets keep it on topic.

• Fire 1