BYU is going to get pounded in Lincoln.

I'm reasonably certain Texas thought the same when they visited Provo in 2013.

And when BYU visited Austin in 2014. The 'revenge' factor, and all that.

Texas 2013 & 2014 was at least as talented as 2015 Nebraska.

Well this report on the BYU scrimmage doesn't seem positive for them. A top LB, who I think BYU fans mentioned was a talented pass rusher earlier in this thread, and their starting stud Center seem to be suspended. Not sure they have the depth to hold up with 6-7 suspensions as this article suggests.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2844058-155/byu-football-scrimmage-provided-more-suspension

Some of our scrimmage reports don't seem too good for us, either. And with a starter suspended from our defense, we won't be playing at full strength.

The world expects BYU to suspend several players, and their CB is almost a sure lock to be suspended, but I'm skeptical about how many suspensions they'll have, and the duration. I've seen videos posted by BYU fans purporting to show Memphis players "starting it" and "being the aggressor" and the more I see that, combined with Bronco's lack of transparency on these specific suspensions, make me very suspicious that they won't suspend nearly as many players as Memphis suspended, and I also suspect that many of them will only be suspended for a half.

Last week Mendenhall announced their starting OLB, Sione Takitaki, will be suspended for an off-season incident unrelated to the brawl. Clearly he's not above announcing suspensions, so why not announce the brawl suspensions? Why announce Takitaki's suspension if doing so puts you at a disadvantage?

It's fishy. I don't like it.

A couple of things you need to know about Bronco and the BYU program. The only time they ever announce a suspension is when they absolutely have to. The Takitaki suspension was announced because he was charged with a civil crime which is made public so there was no reason to withhold word of the suspension. Normally at BYU suspensions will be announced at or shortly before game time and the reason for the suspension isn't made known unless it is addressed by the player suspended. BYU, being a church owned university treats these things like many churches do, as a confidentiality. The players are free to reveal the reason but BYU won't. About the most you'll ever hear from the school is that a player was suspended for breaking team rules or for an Honor Code violation. Not having Bronco announce any suspensions for the BYU/NU game isn't any ploy on his part it's just the nature of the beast.

BYU is going to get pounded in Lincoln.

I'm reasonably certain Texas thought the same when they visited Provo in 2013.

And when BYU visited Austin in 2014. The 'revenge' factor, and all that.

Texas 2013 & 2014 was at least as talented as 2015 Nebraska.

Well this report on the BYU scrimmage doesn't seem positive for them. A top LB, who I think BYU fans mentioned was a talented pass rusher earlier in this thread, and their starting stud Center seem to be suspended. Not sure they have the depth to hold up with 6-7 suspensions as this article suggests.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2844058-155/byu-football-scrimmage-provided-more-suspension

Some of our scrimmage reports don't seem too good for us, either. And with a starter suspended from our defense, we won't be playing at full strength.

The world expects BYU to suspend several players, and their CB is almost a sure lock to be suspended, but I'm skeptical about how many suspensions they'll have, and the duration. I've seen videos posted by BYU fans purporting to show Memphis players "starting it" and "being the aggressor" and the more I see that, combined with Bronco's lack of transparency on these specific suspensions, make me very suspicious that they won't suspend nearly as many players as Memphis suspended, and I also suspect that many of them will only be suspended for a half.

Last week Mendenhall announced their starting OLB, Sione Takitaki, will be suspended for an off-season incident unrelated to the brawl. Clearly he's not above announcing suspensions, so why not announce the brawl suspensions? Why announce Takitaki's suspension if doing so puts you at a disadvantage?

A couple of things you need to know about Bronco and the BYU program. The only time they ever announce a suspension is when they absolutely have to. The Takitaki suspension was announced because he was charged with a civil crime which is made public so there was no reason to withhold word of the suspension. Normally at BYU suspensions will be announced at or shortly before game time and the reason for the suspension isn't made known unless it is addressed by the player suspended. BYU, being a church owned university treats these things like many churches do, as a confidentiality. The players are free to reveal the reason but BYU won't. About the most you'll ever hear from the school is that a player was suspended for breaking team rules or for and Honor Code violation. Not having Bronco announce any suspensions for the BYU/NU game isn't any ploy on his part it's just the nature of the beast.

www.skepticalcatisskeptical.org

It is going to be so weird adjusting to a team that doesn't have to waste the first two drives warming up.

How much better do you think we should expect them to be? 8 games last year we scored on our first drive. Of the 5 we didn't, several games we scored on our second drive.

No team does it every single game.

Which 8 games were those and which 5 were the others.

Look at the....boy I hate to say this, MSU game from last year. First team we faced that was a legit threat. It took 3 quarters of football for us to finally settle in.

My point was I get the feeling we should see a stronger team from start to finish, hopefully one that plays all 4 quarters like the game is on the line.

Scored on first drive.

Florida Atlantic

Fresno State

Miami

Illinois

Rutgers

Purdue

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Did not score on first drive.

McNeese State (scored TDs on next two drives)

MSU (Cluster f***)

NW (missed field goal on next drive)

Iowa (missed field goal on next drive)

USC (scored field goal on next drive and TD on third drive)

There are good and bad teams in both groups. Maveric had a much better break down than I did.

The offense starting strong wasn't that big of a problem last year. You pick out the MSU game. Well...that was a cluster f*** on many levels from the start.

In every single other game we played we either scored on the second drive or was in position to score if it weren't for a missed field goal. In McNeese State and USC, we scored on the next two drives.

Our offense didn't have a problem "getting warmed up" at the beginning of games last year.

The interesting thing about this is we scored early against Minny and Wiscy, yet ended up crapping the lead away. Miami was a different animal, stadium was on another level an I feel that factored in.

Mcneese: How the frick did we not score....oh yeah.....Louisiana speed.

MSU: 3 Quarters of piss poor football

NW: Found it's calling, giving us way more fight than they should.

Iowa: Mandatory late season lazy showing

USC: Hard to use as a statistic

I guess if we started hot we ended flat, and vice versa. The real downer is we have always had the talent to play 4 full quarters yet fail to do so most of the time.

We need to come out strong and impose our will against BYU.

There is no way I'm blaming anything on the offense for the Wisconsin loss. Yeah...we crapped the bed late against Minnesota.

But, this discussion was about the offense needing 2-3 series to "warm up". The facts just don't pan out for that statement. The MSU game is the only one that you could say the offense didn't do anything early.

• Fire 1

Yea, it doesn't add up. The offense was sloppy and inconsistent, left the field far too quickly at times, didn't convert some opportunities into points, showed a lack of progress and improvement from year to year, and failed to establish a level of physicality and aggression you'd prefer to see from a Husker offense at times. But come on man, the defense was even more of a sh#t show by far.

Overall when you look at it, pretty scary to think of when you have people running around talking about all the talent we have and how Riley "should" win 10/11/12 games in his first year, then you go back and look at how really bad some of that talent looked at times last year and you wonder how it's all gonna work out.

It is going to be so weird adjusting to a team that doesn't have to waste the first two drives warming up.

How much better do you think we should expect them to be? 8 games last year we scored on our first drive. Of the 5 we didn't, several games we scored on our second drive.

Look at the....boy I hate to say this, MSU game from last year. First team we faced that was a legit threat. It took 3 quarters of football for us to finally settle in.

My point was I get the feeling we should see a stronger team from start to finish, hopefully one that plays all 4 quarters like the game is on the line.

Scored on first drive.

Florida Atlantic

Fresno State

Miami

Illinois

Rutgers

Purdue

Wisconsin

Minnesota

MSU (Cluster f***)

There are good and bad teams in both groups. Maveric had a much better break down than I did.

The offense starting strong wasn't that big of a problem last year. You pick out the MSU game. Well...that was a cluster f*** on many levels from the start.

In every single other game we played we either scored on the second drive or was in position to score if it weren't for a missed field goal. In McNeese State and USC, we scored on the next two drives.

Our offense didn't have a problem "getting warmed up" at the beginning of games last year.

The interesting thing about this is we scored early against Minny and Wiscy, yet ended up crapping the lead away. Miami was a different animal, stadium was on another level an I feel that factored in.

I guess if we started hot we ended flat, and vice versa. The real downer is we have always had the talent to play 4 full quarters yet fail to do so most of the time.

There is no way I'm blaming anything on the offense for the Wisconsin loss. Yeah...we crapped the bed late against Minnesota.

But, this discussion was about the offense needing 2-3 series to "warm up". The facts just don't pan out for that statement. The MSU game is the only one that you could say the offense didn't do anything early.

So scoring early against Rutgers, Illinois, FAU, Purdue and Fresno State is supposed to be impressive? The fact we didnt score early against Mcneese makes that moot.

I'm not going to debate our offenses capabilities from last year and a different staff in the BYU thread.

Scored on first drive.

Florida Atlantic

Fresno State

Miami

Illinois

Rutgers

Purdue

Wisconsin

Minnesota

MSU (Cluster f***)

So scoring early against Rutgers, Illinois, FAU, Purdue and Fresno State is supposed to be impressive? The fact we didnt score early against Mcneese makes that moot.

I'm not going to debate our offenses capabilities from last year and a different staff in the BYU thread.

Good Lord...are you trying to find something to complain about where there isn't a reason?

We didn't score on the first drive of McNeese State. Whoopteee doo....We scored TDs on the next two drives that were both still in the first quarter. We actually scored TDs on 3 of the next 4 drives.

• Fire 1

Are you seriously defending the teams performance against Mcneese? You know we almost lost that game right?

Again I'll say I dont really want to debate last years teams offensive capabilities since they will have 0 impact on this years squad. Im sorry ai blamed Tommy for the MSU pick. There, can you move on now?

Are you seriously defending the teams performance against Mcneese? You know we almost lost that game right?

Again I'll say I dont really want to debate last years teams offensive capabilities since they will have 0 impact on this years squad. Im sorry ai blamed Tommy for the MSU pick. There, can you move on now?

I'm not defending anything other than against the thought that our team had a problem with the offense needing to "warm up" for 2-3 series last year. It just simply wasn't the case.

Now, if you want to say we had problems then later in some games, you might have a case. But, early in games, we did not have a major problem with the offense.

I do have a problem with why our defense wasn't able to stop McNeese state from scoring 24 points. 10 of which were in the 4th quarter.

• Fire 2

A couple of things you need to know about Bronco and the BYU program. The only time they ever announce a suspension is when they absolutely have to. The Takitaki suspension was announced because he was charged with a civil crime which is made public so there was no reason to withhold word of the suspension. Normally at BYU suspensions will be announced at or shortly before game time and the reason for the suspension isn't made known unless it is addressed by the player suspended. BYU, being a church owned university treats these things like many churches do, as a confidentiality. The players are free to reveal the reason but BYU won't. About the most you'll ever hear from the school is that a player was suspended for breaking team rules or for and Honor Code violation. Not having Bronco announce any suspensions for the BYU/NU game isn't any ploy on his part it's just the nature of the beast.

how_convenient.gif#how%20convenient%20gi

Its been disgraceful how BYU has handled itself after the football team started the brawl because the Kewger players were mad because they just got beat by a Sun Belt team. Memphis announced many suspensions immediately and BYU didn't do a thing. There was even the video of a BYU player punching a Memphis player in the back of the head while defenseless while his Tigers coach held him back. Disgraceful doesn't even describe it.

Im getting to the point where I don't even want my school to play against BYU anymore. They always try to demand that 2 games get played in their crappy dump of a stadium in Provo. It smells funny down there. And only one game at our home. I'm sick of it and fed up.

Don't ever agree to play a game in Provo. Let BYU's home schedule be Wagner and Savannah State and stuff. Its the worst home schedule in all of college football by far.

Its been disgraceful how BYU has handled itself after the football team started the brawl because the Kewger players were mad because they just got beat by a Sun Belt team. Memphis announced many suspensions immediately and BYU didn't do a thing. There was even the video of a BYU player punching a Memphis player in the back of the head while defenseless while his Tigers coach held him back. Disgraceful doesn't even describe it.

Im getting to the point where I don't even want my school to play against BYU anymore. They always try to demand that 2 games get played in their crappy dump of a stadium in Provo. It smells funny down there. And only one game at our home. I'm sick of it and fed up.

Don't ever agree to play a game in Provo. Let BYU's home schedule be Wagner and Savannah State and stuff. Its the worst home schedule in all of college football by far.

CZwEf.gif