Well I'm an old fart so my memory leaves me at times. Remind me of the last on field issue a player had where Bronco immediately announced the suspension to the public. For the life of me I can't recall it.

Uh, what? On field issue that lead to suspension? How many of those occur, if ever? Only when guys get tossed from games, but then it isn't up to the coach but the conference.

Well I'm an old fart so my memory leaves me at times. Remind me of the last on field issue a player had where Bronco immediately announced the suspension to the public. For the life of me I can't recall it.

Uh, what? On field issue that lead to suspension? How many of those occur, if ever? Only when guys get tossed from games, but then it isn't up to the coach but the conference.

I'm not referring to players doing something that brings an ejection and automatic suspension. That didn't happen in the Memphis St game because it was after the game ended. HuskerExPat made the point that on field actions are handled differently than off field incidents (unless I misunderstood his point). I'm just asking him, or you, when the last time there was something a player did on the field, where the suspension was left up to the school, i.e. a brutal play not seen by the officials but seen by the staff, where the suspension was announced publically days prior to the next game. I just don't recall any such incidents to base the statement he made on, and especially during the Bronco era. He's always been closed mouth about such things. I just don't see the Memphis St brawl any differently handled than any other suspensions during his time as head coach.

Some of our scrimmage reports don't seem too good for us, either. And with a starter suspended from our defense, we won't be playing at full strength.

The world expects BYU to suspend several players, and their CB is almost a sure lock to be suspended, but I'm skeptical about how many suspensions they'll have, and the duration. I've seen videos posted by BYU fans purporting to show Memphis players "starting it" and "being the aggressor" and the more I see that, combined with Bronco's lack of transparency on these specific suspensions, make me very suspicious that they won't suspend nearly as many players as Memphis suspended, and I also suspect that many of them will only be suspended for a half.

Last week Mendenhall announced their starting OLB, Sione Takitaki, will be suspended for an off-season incident unrelated to the brawl. Clearly he's not above announcing suspensions, so why not announce the brawl suspensions? Why announce Takitaki's suspension if doing so puts you at a disadvantage?

It's fishy. I don't like it.

A couple of things you need to know about Bronco and the BYU program. The only time they ever announce a suspension is when they absolutely have to. The Takitaki suspension was announced because he was charged with a civil crime which is made public so there was no reason to withhold word of the suspension. Normally at BYU suspensions will be announced at or shortly before game time and the reason for the suspension isn't made known unless it is addressed by the player suspended. BYU, being a church owned university treats these things like many churches do, as a confidentiality. The players are free to reveal the reason but BYU won't. About the most you'll ever hear from the school is that a player was suspended for breaking team rules or for and Honor Code violation. Not having Bronco announce any suspensions for the BYU/NU game isn't any ploy on his part it's just the nature of the beast.

how_convenient.gif#how%20convenient%20gi

Its been disgraceful how BYU has handled itself after the football team started the brawl because the Kewger players were mad because they just got beat by a Sun Belt team. Memphis announced many suspensions immediately and BYU didn't do a thing. There was even the video of a BYU player punching a Memphis player in the back of the head while defenseless while his Tigers coach held him back. Disgraceful doesn't even describe it.

Im getting to the point where I don't even want my school to play against BYU anymore. They always try to demand that 2 games get played in their crappy dump of a stadium in Provo. It smells funny down there. And only one game at our home. I'm sick of it and fed up.

Don't ever agree to play a game in Provo. Let BYU's home schedule be Wagner and Savannah State and stuff. Its the worst home schedule in all of college football by far.

I know it is peculiar for rivals of opposing teams to have arguments on another team's board, but honestly, I can't say I disagree with the notion that certain BYU players acted disgracefully in the brawl against Memphis. Generally the "private" suspensions are reserved for behavior/actions that occurred (or didn't occur) in private. Not for on field behavior. That is, at best, unusual.

That's kind of my point. Pretty much every other coach publicly announces discipline for on field issues. That's because an on field issue is not private. It is not as though the player flunked algebra so you don't announce the suspension to keep the fact of the bad grade private. Engage in a brawl on the field and everybody knows about it so it is reasonable to expect that the discipline is public as well.

Some of our scrimmage reports don't seem too good for us, either. And with a starter suspended from our defense, we won't be playing at full strength.

The world expects BYU to suspend several players, and their CB is almost a sure lock to be suspended, but I'm skeptical about how many suspensions they'll have, and the duration. I've seen videos posted by BYU fans purporting to show Memphis players "starting it" and "being the aggressor" and the more I see that, combined with Bronco's lack of transparency on these specific suspensions, make me very suspicious that they won't suspend nearly as many players as Memphis suspended, and I also suspect that many of them will only be suspended for a half.

Last week Mendenhall announced their starting OLB, Sione Takitaki, will be suspended for an off-season incident unrelated to the brawl. Clearly he's not above announcing suspensions, so why not announce the brawl suspensions? Why announce Takitaki's suspension if doing so puts you at a disadvantage?

It's fishy. I don't like it.

A couple of things you need to know about Bronco and the BYU program. The only time they ever announce a suspension is when they absolutely have to. The Takitaki suspension was announced because he was charged with a civil crime which is made public so there was no reason to withhold word of the suspension. Normally at BYU suspensions will be announced at or shortly before game time and the reason for the suspension isn't made known unless it is addressed by the player suspended. BYU, being a church owned university treats these things like many churches do, as a confidentiality. The players are free to reveal the reason but BYU won't. About the most you'll ever hear from the school is that a player was suspended for breaking team rules or for and Honor Code violation. Not having Bronco announce any suspensions for the BYU/NU game isn't any ploy on his part it's just the nature of the beast.

how_convenient.gif#how%20convenient%20gi

Its been disgraceful how BYU has handled itself after the football team started the brawl because the Kewger players were mad because they just got beat by a Sun Belt team. Memphis announced many suspensions immediately and BYU didn't do a thing. There was even the video of a BYU player punching a Memphis player in the back of the head while defenseless while his Tigers coach held him back. Disgraceful doesn't even describe it.

Im getting to the point where I don't even want my school to play against BYU anymore. They always try to demand that 2 games get played in their crappy dump of a stadium in Provo. It smells funny down there. And only one game at our home. I'm sick of it and fed up.

Don't ever agree to play a game in Provo. Let BYU's home schedule be Wagner and Savannah State and stuff. Its the worst home schedule in all of college football by far.

I know it is peculiar for rivals of opposing teams to have arguments on another team's board, but honestly, I can't say I disagree with the notion that certain BYU players acted disgracefully in the brawl against Memphis. Generally the "private" suspensions are reserved for behavior/actions that occurred (or didn't occur) in private. Not for on field behavior. That is, at best, unusual.

That's kind of my point. Pretty much every other coach publicly announces discipline for on field issues. That's because an on field issue is not private. It is not as though the player flunked algebra so you don't announce the suspension to keep the fact of the bad grade private. Engage in a brawl on the field and everybody knows about it so it is reasonable to expect that the discipline is public as well.

I think he's looking at all players involved and he's looked at the level of their involvement. There are certain players (Nacua punching the guy in the back on the head) who were much more guilty of brawling than some who may have just been pushing or throwing players to get them off team mates and the level of punishment is going to be much different. If you follow BYU you also will know that there is off field punishments for lesser levels of involvement or rule breaking. These punishments are rarely ever announced. We don't know what has already been done to players who may have had lesser involvement. I think we can be certain that Nacua and Koroma will be suspended based on Bronco keeping them out of the team scrimage but he's never, that I can recall, announced suspensions until he absolutely has to. Like it or not, agree or not, that is his right and that's how he's handled suspensions in the past. It is what it is.

I'm not referring to players doing something that brings an ejection and automatic suspension. That didn't happen in the Memphis St game because it was after the game ended. HuskerExPat made the point that on field actions are handled differently than off field incidents (unless I misunderstood his point). I'm just asking him, or you, when the last time there was something a player did on the field, where the suspension was left up to the school, i.e. a brutal play not seen by the officials but seen by the staff, where the suspension was announced publically days prior to the next game. I just don't recall any such incidents to base the statement he made on, and especially during the Bronco era. He's always been closed mouth about such things. I just don't see the Memphis St brawl any differently handled than any other suspensions during his time as head coach.

I understand the question, it's just a pointless one. Bronco said afterward that this was the first time he had ever been a part of anything like this. So there is no precedent if that is what you're looking for. So to that end, Bronco has been consistent with the way he punishes players for on field issues.

And are you asking coaches to suspend guys for brutal hits that officials deem legal? That is silly.

BYU has an agreement with the Big 12 to review all on field issues. Just because they're independent doesn't mean they play by their own rules. This already came up pages ago and I addressed it with links and specific examples. It's lost somewhere in all the complaining about Bo and Mike if you care to look for it.

070307byu_cultural_diversity.jpg

You can't get much more diverse than blondes AND brunettes!

I'm just glad there isn't any fornication going on.

or caffeine consumption.

No Gingers allowed.

I will see myself out.

070307byu_cultural_diversity.jpg

x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x

6, 3, 12, 1, 5, 4, 11, 7, 2, 10, 8, 9

So you don't give more than 1 point for having a good body? 'Cause that 1 has a good body. And she's not that fugly. Or is this scale just compared to other cheerleaders? I'm not commenting on the dudes. They're all too dorky except maybe the one 3rd from the right. He's pretty cute. Maybe because he doesn't have a cheesy grin.