BYU Fans - is there any feel as to how free Hill will be to run, especially early in the season? With Williams out, Hill is the Offense's home run threat, right? My understanding is RB is being taken over by Algie Brown or Adam Hine, neither of which is a threat to stretch the field. So with Taysom Hill being the focal point of the offense, will Bronco hold him back early on?

BYU's first four games are pretty tough:

@ Nebraska, 9/5/15

Boise State, 9/12/15

@ UCLA, 9/19/15

@ Michigan, 9/26/15

That's a pretty stiff first four games. Nebraska Fan is looking at the game from our point of view, but from Cougar Fan's perspective, there's a lot of football early on, and Nebraska is only the first test.

With Hill's injury history, does he try to stay in the pocket more? Any feel for this, BYU Fan?

I'm glad that a fellow Aggie has jumped in, my first memory of the Huskers is them playing Utah state the week that we moved to Lincoln from Logan. With what I have read to be a struggling o-line and not much of a running back that does not bode well for a QB (even a good one) who is injury prone and in what I hope will be a tough road game. I assume BYU will be careful to try and keep him healthy.

I am really looking forward to the game I'm sure it will be a blast.

The biggest concern with Taysom is injuries. His style of play makes it hard to stay healthy the whole season. If he goes down we may be in trouble. Hopefully they keep his running somewhat under control.
Forget the coach speak, forget the hopeful speculation.

How healthy is he legitimately going to be?

They say he looks and feels 100% now but who really knows. It's tough for a guy with his playing style to stay healthy for long. Hopefully he can somehow get through the season.

BYU Fans - is there any feel as to how free Hill will be to run, especially early in the season? With Williams out, Hill is the Offense's home run threat, right? My understanding is RB is being taken over by Algie Brown or Adam Hine, neither of which is a threat to stretch the field. So with Taysom Hill being the focal point of the offense, will Bronco hold him back early on?

@ Nebraska, 9/5/15

Boise State, 9/12/15

@ UCLA, 9/19/15

@ Michigan, 9/26/15

That's a pretty stiff first four games. Nebraska Fan is looking at the game from our point of view, but from Cougar Fan's perspective, there's a lot of football early on, and Nebraska is only the first test.

With Hill's injury history, does he try to stay in the pocket more? Any feel for this, BYU Fan?

Nice! Football talk.

TL;DR Hill will run the ball often, but probably have fewer designed run plays.

Here are his per game stats from last year with the rush attempts in bold: (EDIT: The formatting got all messed up. His attempts per game were: 12, 24, 26, 17, and 8 to start the game he broke his leg)

These kinds of plays that turn into designed run plays for Hill will be called less often this year. I still think they will call a few to make teams prepare for them. The read option would get called very frequently last year and when teams crashed the DE in, Hill ran the ball way too many times per game:

taysom.0.gif

And the downside of the designed run play, with a QB trying to break tackles is injuries. I don't remember anyone other than Tommie Frazier staying healthy and taking a beating like that.

I would not be surprised if he still ran a few designed run plays, and scrambled enough to get 10+ rushes in a game, but hopefully nothing close to 20. I expect to see more slides and running out of bounds at the end of runs. Hill scrambles out of pass plays frequently. I think that is harder to defend than the designed run plays, so I still think his rushing will be a big part of the BYU offense.

taysom-hill-hurdles-a-texas-defender-a.g

I'd love to see a beginners guide to the current Nebraska offense, especially what people expect it to be with Riley if someone has a link. I was not able to find anything with a couple Google searches.

• Fire 6

Please do not post anymore videos or GIFs of Taysom Hill running all over people. I'm starting to get scared. This kid may give us nightmares.

Especially given that we've tackled so poorly the past few years. Hopefully we have someone who can be an adequate spy.

Blitzing Hill will help to eliminate those runs. Also, I watched both of those plays and besides the hurdle (which was great btw), seemed more like the defense being out of position more than anything. Hill is a good player but his lack of talent around him really hurts him.

@ Nebraska, 9/5/15

Boise State, 9/12/15

@ UCLA, 9/19/15

@ Michigan, 9/26/15

Nice! Football talk.

Here are his per game stats from last year with the rush attempts in bold: (EDIT: The formatting got all messed up. His attempts per game were: 12, 24, 26, 17, and 8 to start the game he broke his leg)

These kinds of plays that turn into designed run plays for Hill will be called less often this year. I still think they will call a few to make teams prepare for them. The read option would get called very frequently last year and when teams crashed the DE in, Hill ran the ball way too many times per game:

taysom.0.gif

And the downside of the designed run play, with a QB trying to break tackles is injuries. I don't remember anyone other than Tommie Frazier staying healthy and taking a beating like that.

I would not be surprised if he still ran a few designed run plays, and scrambled enough to get 10+ rushes in a game, but hopefully nothing close to 20. I expect to see more slides and running out of bounds at the end of runs. Hill scrambles out of pass plays frequently. I think that is harder to defend than the designed run plays, so I still think his rushing will be a big part of the BYU offense.

I'd love to see a beginners guide to the current Nebraska offense, especially what people expect it to be with Riley if someone has a link. I was not able to find anything with a couple Google searches.

Sweet mother of athleticism....

Ok, i am slightly more nervous.. That play was pretty impressive.

@ Nebraska, 9/5/15

Boise State, 9/12/15

@ UCLA, 9/19/15

@ Michigan, 9/26/15

Nice! Football talk.

taysom.0.gif

Sweet mother of athleticism....

Ok, i am slightly more nervous.. That play was pretty impressive.

He had a longer run against the Longhorns called back.

I'm getting the impression that everyone expecting us to win this game haven't watched BYU play. Especially the four games with a healthy Hill last year, everyone should watch highlights. Watch the whole Texas game from last year if you really want to sober up.