Bo - the gang is all here - his coaching staff - note his cap

I completely agree with Bo leaving Carl or One of the Rons in charge for a bigger gig in a couple years.

Question is: Does he make enough noise to intrigue a Power 5 school or does he stay the same course and get an offer from Akron or the like?

I think it will depend on his sideline demeanor. And whether he has any more scandals related to profanity laced outbursts. Really, Bo's own personality is what holds him back. Can you imagine how far he would go if he had the demeanor of, say, his new boss, Jim Tressel? If Bo can calm down and avoid temper tantrums some Power Five school will snap him up. /IMHO

That's a damn fine staff. Especially considering they make about 80% less than they would at a top 20 FBS program. Ron Stoops. Carl Pelini. Ron Brown. Those guys are superstars at a place like Youngstown.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Bo take a real job in a year or two. And let Carl or Ron Stoops take over. Or even Ron Brown. If he does, it will save NU a bunch of buyout money. (I know. I know. Bo is doing this to take a break. For family reasons. But it still wouldn't surprise me.)

Must not have a drug policy.

I would be surprised if he leaves YSU for a MAC school in Ohio. That is close to a lateral move. Jokes aside, this is a good staff for a school like YSU.

Sorry break it to you guys but Urban will be at tOSU for a little while longer and Bo isn't going to be the head coach when that job opens up.

Regardless of what we think, there's no doubt that on that level, this is a superstar staff for YSU. Splash hires all across the board.

I don't know about across the board. Ron Brown is good, and a lot of these other guys are GAs getting a shot. Good for them, though, and good for Bo giving them the opportunity. Youngstown St. is the place to do it.

They actually had Mark Mangino there recently.

I think Bo will get another gig. He's too talented not to. Maybe not as a college head coach, but who knows? I don't think schools care that much. One school could pull the trigger. He probably fits best on a NFL team, though, as a DC, where the talented players and talented assistants are all selected for him.

I find it amazing that so many think Bo will get a better gig in the near future and that he is too talented, too good of a coach for the likes of YSU. I. DON'T. GET. IT. What did he do here to make anyone think these thoughts? 9 wins? Spare me the justification, he lost virtually any/all games that mattered or that weren't against the little sisters of the blind. Good coach my a$$. Hot headed, foul mouthed, unwilling to change POS is what he was. YSU seems about right to me.

• Fire 4

Good, smart defensive coach, bad HC and manager. So just keep him as a defensive wiz. I think teams will be willing to do that. Plenty of teams deal with hotheads or bad eggs. I'm very glad we don't anymore, 9, 10 wins or not...but some team out there will look at his years as a DC, and his record as a major FBS head coach, and say why not.

• Fire 1

I still think that Bo's philosophy of matchup coverage and his complicated schemes and with infinite time to instill and teach such schemes, with plenty of talent to work with, combined with the current direction of NFL offenses, I think that Bo could be a legendary defensive coordinator in the NFL.

• Fire 1