Uh oh, former Coach Kaz

St. Paul, I entirely get and even essentially agree with your perspective. Social media and messageboards bring out this insatiable appetite to be judge and jury for people we've never known or met or known anything personal about, and it can get ugly.

And while I agree that no individual instance mentioned can, on it's own, be a direct variation to "wife beater", the context and inference of a lot of these things stacked up next to each other speaks to a dude with some real problems.

You've got the alleged Village Inn freakout.

You've got him getting into it with other coaches on the sideline of the Holiday Bowl (link here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBs9P0z7xP8?t=93 )

You have how he lost his mind during the Miami game following Bo's lead like a little kid (link here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qdiH53SzOY&t=178 )

You have a lot of Iowa fans saying "good riddance" when we hired him away, which we chalked up to sour grapes, but they've stood by their notion that he was a bad influence on their program.

You have his presence at the final meeting, and although you don't hear him say anything, you do hear Bo go to him for affirmation several times, and can get a clue for what the dynamic was.

Basically, where there's smoke there's fire, this dude needs help, and this shouldn't be the most surprising thing in the world.

What I see is a man that, aside from the alleged Village Inn thing, takes his aggression out towards other men. Lot's of men do this. So to assume that these are indicators of someone prone to spousal abuse is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

It takes a special kind of sub-human race to hit a woman. Which we now know Kaz is. I just don't see the pattern from the above instances that everyone else does where it would involve women.

um men are people too right? I think its bad to abuse a person

So let me get this straight. It's not OK to make comparisons between a confirmed spouse abusers actions and his public outbursts?

The anger is the connection, thats all people are getting at. It makes it less surprising. Now if he was a super nice guy that always kept his cool and made a classy exit after being fired, THEN people may be saying "Woah, didn't see that coming".

So if any coach gets angry at male players or other male coaches on the field and has an outburst we should speculate they have tendencies, hidden or otherwise, to hit their wife?

Or they get pissed at a diner 1 time after finding out their boss was fired and themselves possibly out of a job indicates those same tendencies?

i think its safe that in hindsight, with all the other incidents, that this surprises nobody, and the most likely scenario in this case is that this person has anger issues. not sure what the point of the lengthy debate on this is. The judgement isn't being made solely on the other criteria, nobody thought he was a wife beater before he acted as such.

So let me get this straight. It's not OK to make comparisons between a confirmed spouse abusers actions and his public outbursts?

The anger is the connection, thats all people are getting at. It makes it less surprising. Now if he was a super nice guy that always kept his cool and made a classy exit after being fired, THEN people may be saying "Woah, didn't see that coming".

So if any coach gets angry at male players or other male coaches on the field and has an outburst we should speculate they have tendencies, hidden or otherwise, to hit their wife?

Or they get pissed at a diner 1 time after finding out their boss was fired and themselves possibly out of a job indicates those same tendencies?

i think its safe that in hindsight, with all the other incidents, that this surprises nobody, and the most likely scenario in this case is that this person has anger issues. not sure what the point of the lengthy debate on this is. The judgement isn't being made solely on the other criteria, nobody thought we was a wife beater before he acted as such.

Exactly. This conversation is weird.

Does anyone really care? I read through the posts and thought "Why am I reading these, I don't care at all"

Then I just started hoping that the weather would be in the mid 70's for the spring game

I think it's okay to care that a woman was abused. Unless you are an insensitive douchebag. Then I guess not caring would fit.

I mean about the coach...does anyone really care about the coach...this thread is clearly not about the woman.

Maybe you should have specified what you didn't care about?
I don't care about the New Apple watch

You're a monster

Last week, I put liquid paper on a bee, it died.

I'm okay with this. Bee's are a$$hole$, imo.

If you ever had a peanut butter/honey sandwich............... you would not consider bees a##holes my friend

Honey is nothing more than bee sh#t. Pass

Technically, I believe it is bee vomit......

Yes, honey is made from nectar via a process of regurgitation and evaporation.

I wonder how long she has lived in fear...that is the part that is always freaky. She has probably thought about leaving him a million times. What a horrible situation.

As men, I don't think we can understand the kind of courage it takes for a woman to leave an abusive situation. Sometimes its the fear of getting caught trying to leave, the consequences can be quite severe.

In the distant past I dated two different women that had come from abusive relationships. Neither of those relationships worked out because both women carried so much baggage. Its pretty sad sometimes what humans can do to each other.

I'm a Lyft driver and one day I picked up a young woman who was very emotionally distressed. She was wailing in my back seat for most of the ride. (She even tried to kill herself at one point by jumping out of my SUV while it was moving.) This young lady was leaving an abusive situation, no money, no job, no place to stay...and she was only 22 yrs old. I encouraged this lady to seek help at a shelter for battered women, I don't know if she ever did, but I hope so. I felt bad for this young lady, her life was in shambles because of what her boyfriend did to her, it was terrible to see.

Does anyone really care? I read through the posts and thought "Why am I reading these, I don't care at all"

Then I just started hoping that the weather would be in the mid 70's for the spring game

I think it's okay to care that a woman was abused. Unless you are an insensitive douchebag. Then I guess not caring would fit.

I mean about the coach...does anyone really care about the coach...this thread is clearly not about the woman.

Maybe you should have specified what you didn't care about?
I don't care about the New Apple watch

You're a monster

Last week, I put liquid paper on a bee, it died.

I'm okay with this. Bee's are a$$hole$, imo.

If you ever had a peanut butter/honey sandwich............... you would not consider bees a##holes my friend

Honey is nothing more than bee sh#t. Pass

Technically, I believe it is bee vomit......

Yes, honey is made from nectar via a process of regurgitation and evaporation.

You honey-dicking me?

Guys gotta learn to walk away....or run, if she's armed....

She'll just shoot you in the back if you run. I don't care if the person is a male or female, you should have the right to defend yourself if you feel threatened. Now against a woman, I would try to grab and restrain her before hitting her, but if that's the only way to give you enough time to get away.

Guys gotta learn to walk away....or run, if she's armed....

She'll just shoot you in the back if you run. I don't care if the person is a male or female, you should have the right to defend yourself if you feel threatened. Now against a woman, I would try to grab and restrain her before hitting her, but if that's the only way to give you enough time to get away.

If she's Puerto Rican, your chances aren't good regardless...Papi!

Ok the last I read he chucked a picture frame at her face, has it come out that he habitually abused her?

It was supposedly reported by her that this kind of stuff had been going on for a while or some sh#t? I read that somewhere. maybe in this thread? So dont take as gospel. But that notion is out there.