Uh oh, former Coach Kaz

Wow, Bo really hired some winners on that staff, didn't he.

#CoreValues

Carl the coke head and philanderer.

Marvin the philanderer, etc.

Ron the homophobe.

Kaz the wife beater.

Quite the collection.

I won't get into it to much, but it isn't correct to call Ron Brown a homophobe. Disagreeing with something doesn't automatically equal fear and hate.

This is true. But Ron Brown's statements make him homophobic. They just do.

• Fire 2

#CoreValues

Ron the homophobe.

Kaz the wife beater.

Quite the collection.

I won't get into it to much, but it isn't correct to call Ron Brown a homophobe. Disagreeing with something doesn't automatically equal fear and hate.

Which statements?

#CoreValues

Ron the homophobe.

Kaz the wife beater.

Quite the collection.

Which statements?

Where have you been the last few years?

He said gays and lesbians do not deserve the same protections as groups that historically have been discriminated against, such as blacks and women.

"The scriptures teach that blacks were created by God, that women were created by God, but that homosexuals ... that is not what God had in mind at all," Brown said.

Brown said his words should not be interpreted as an attack on homosexuals.

"I have simply said that based on the Bible, homosexuality, the lifestyle of homosexuality, is a sin," he said.

#CoreValues

Ron the homophobe.

Kaz the wife beater.

Quite the collection.

Which statements?

He said gays and lesbians do not deserve the same protections as groups that historically have been discriminated against, such as blacks and women.

"The scriptures teach that blacks were created by God, that women were created by God, but that homosexuals ... that is not what God had in mind at all," Brown said.

"I have simply said that based on the Bible, homosexuality, the lifestyle of homosexuality, is a sin," he said.

These statements are based on his faith, not on fear, which is what homophobia is, a fear of homosexuals.

• Fire 1

#CoreValues

Ron the homophobe.

Kaz the wife beater.

Quite the collection.

Which statements?

These statements are based on his faith, not on fear, which is what homophobia is, a fear of homosexuals.

lol

Actually, it just means prejudice or dislike (whatever the reasons, or excuses, as it were). For example, xenophobia covers any range of hostility towards foreigners, not necessarily fear-based ones. We are not talking about any sort of actual 'phobia' here, by the clinical definition; merely a popularly coined term.

• Fire 1

#CoreValues

Ron the homophobe.

Kaz the wife beater.

Quite the collection.

You make it sound like being a homophobe is just as bad as what those other guys did.
  • Fire 1

Actually, it just means prejudice or dislike (whatever the reasons, or excuses, as it were). For example, xenophobia covers any range of hostility towards foreigners, not necessarily fear-based ones. We are not talking about any sort of actual 'phobia' here, by the clinical definition; merely a popularly coined term.

Whatever happened to a phobia being a fear? heh...

Whatever happened to a phobia being a fear? heh...

In clinical psychology, a phobia is a fear. It's the basis word for these other usages people have invented, such as in social contexts (xenophobia, homophobia) and chemistry (hydrophobia, etc...). None of them are literally phobias, but they borrow the term as a way of convention and because I guess people feel it's appropriately analogous. For example, there is neither fear nor repulsion from water going on with hydrophobia, but that's the term.

But anyway, I don't agree with lumping Ron Brown in with those other guys. And Ron Brown is a Nebraska guy through and through, not one of Bo's finds. I won't be too sorry if a Nebraska coaching staff in any sport never includes a Marvin or Carl or Kaz again, though, but I suppose you never really know, do you?

• Fire 1