Post spring game QB depth chart

Yeah, I'm with Emerald... why is Broekmeier getting no love?? and I think Darlington looked far more poised than Armstrong, who continues to make ill advised throws.

Stanton definitely has issues... I would have put him below Fyfe. Bush seems like he's forcing stuff, like Armstrong.

I think Darlington and Broekmeier show most potential in Riley's offense (although I'll start cringing when Zach starts taking hits).

When does Del Rio arrive on campus?? :)

• Fire 1

Yeah, I'm with Emerald... why is Broekmeier getting no love?? and I think Darlington looked far more poised than Armstrong, who continues to make ill advised throws.

Stanton definitely has issues... I would have put him below Fyfe. Bush seems like he's forcing stuff, like Armstrong.

I think Darlington and Broekmeier show most potential in Riley's offense (although I'll start cringing when Zach starts taking hits).

When edoes Del Rio arrive on campus?? :)

I like Brokmeier, but he played against the 3rd string defense

• Fire 1

Call me a rebel, but my depth chart looks like this:

#1: Darlington. Best at making reads, always threw to the open guy. Best accuracy. Ball placement almost always perfect to give players space to make plays. Proved he can run. Is shifty enough to support his relatively limited speed. Only real question is his history with concussions. I'm worried that one more major concussion will force him to quit football. I'm also uncertain about how well he would do in a deep passing game. Not too confident in his arm strength.

#2 Tyson Broekmeier. Love his quick release, looked very comfortable in the pocket, even under pressure. Not as accurate as Darlington but second most accurate on the team. Good ball placement on most throws. I didn't see enough athleticism out of him to determine how well he would run a read option or QB designed run. Needs to keep passes from sailing, and I'm not certain about his arm strength.

#3 Armstrong. He's a known quality. pressure didn't phase him. more accurate than in first two years. Didn't see him run much today but we know he can. Still has amazing arm strength. Needs more work on footwork and accuracy. Looks to have great potential, just needs some polishing. Needs more work in his pass progressions.

#4 Bush. A little more accurate than Tommy, but not by much. Has better footwork. Love the zip he puts on his passes, makes it difficult for defenders to jump routes. Good athleticism, I'm confident he can run read option and designed QB runs. Good pass progression, but needs work. High potential, needs more polishing.

#5 Stanton. Athleticism. Good runner. Has accuracy issues. Missed a wide open reciever! Huge Mistake. Looks to be a bust. High potential that he can't seems to develope.

#6 Fyfe. Probably deserves to be higher, but he looks to have reached his top potential already. Decent, servicable backup in case of disaster, but has probably peaked.

based on the game today, this is pretty accurate.

I agree with most on here that, if you are looking for a true and pure QB, Darlington looks like the guy. He's smart, has good technique and touch, and seemed to fit well into the system. He may not be the tallest guy or have the strongest arm, but that didn't seem to stop someone like Drew Brees either.

With some good depth at WR and RB, we do NOT need a QB that is a runner first. We need a QB that can make the throws and run when needed to keep the defense honest. To me that is where Darlington excelled today. Armstrong looked the same as last season, and I honestly didn't see any growth in him. Bush was disappointing for his first showing.

It was against the third team,but the passes were spot on,where they need to be.

• Fire 1

Bush was a bit of a disappointment. He got reps with great players and just couldn't stand the spring game pressure but hopefully that confidence comes with reps.

Tommy was Tommy, flashy and great looking followed by wtf moments.

Darlington was easily the best qb on the day looking crisp on throws and showed he will make all his reads and knows when to run and how to run.

Stanton was what we've heard, his own worst enemy. It was clear to see he didn't lack in the skill department. Great runner, probably as good or better than Tommy. His passes looked good but the timing was way off nearly consistently. May have been because he was passing to walk ons with numbers in the 40s at wide out or just mental thing but if he worms at the mental side he has just as much upside as Bush still. Thats if he wants it bad enough and doesn't decide to transfer.

• Fire 1

It was a scrimmage with different competition!

It was against the third team,but the passes were spot on,where they need to be.

There was no pressure and a big window!

Looked pretty clear that the top two QB's were Armstrong and Darlington, but they played with the top offense against the not-top defense. Darlington looked like he had better touch and progression while Armstrong continues to look like a field general (confident and in-command).

Bush looked overly-excited and rushing his throws, but he played against the top defense. He had a couple nice throws.

Fyfe and Stanton had trouble hitting wide-open receivers. Broekemeier (sp?) played with and against the scrubs and looked decent.

My guess on QB chart:

Armstrong

Darlington

Bush

the others

• Fire 2

I think the staff feels Bush has been better overall (not today)

1- Armstrong

2- Bush

3- Darlington

4- Fyfe (possibly leave?)

5- Stanton (definitely transfer)

6- Brokemier (looked pretty good in mop-up duty)

Good chance we see Bush/Darlington getting an occasional series if Tommy doesn't pull away.

So...am I to assume nobody is concerned about head injuries with Darlington anymore?

I know he doesn't stutter and has been cleared by some of the best doctors around regarding head trauma

Hope they are right. I would love for the kid to have a great career here but, it's not worth potentially having major problems the rest of his life.

Best of luck to him.