Post spring game RB depth chart

Newby

Taylor/Wilbon

Cross would be next in line based on experience but I think he'll probably be used in more special situations. I think he'll be seen as a short yardage back rather than a regular feature, so his slotting on the depth chart wouldn't be as straightforward.

Look out for Nelson and Nabbity. If there are injuries at the position I think we could see either of them. But the top 3 seem pretty solid. Am I forgetting a name here?

Newby- total package. Flashed speed and power. Look for him to get better every time he touches the ball.

Wilbon- great runner. Learning curve will limit some reps

Taylor- hasn't flashed speed or power. Has mix of both and will have a role bit behind newby and wilbon.

Nelson- solid runner.

Cross- would like him move to fullback and bulk up a tad.

I'm probably gonna get some hate for this list, but flame away, I've got some steaks to grill.

But first, I'll say that I would be comfortable with any of the guys we saw as a starter, depending on the style of offense.

Still...

#1: Newby. Showed much more decisiveness this year than I've ever seen out of him. Looks much more comfortable taking and giving big hits. Showed his potential speed, elusiveness, and vision. Hit the hole and took off. He might have some issues against stacked boxes and short yardage situations because of his smaller size and strength. He's not built like Abdullah. But he's faster. Borderline elite speed. it's also good to see that his ball handling has improved. Only two questions, though; can he catch passes consistantly, and can he pass protect?

#2: Taylor. He has all the size and strength of Cross, but better at moving laterally. Great elusiveness for his size (but literally every other RB on the roster except Cross is more elusive). With his size and strength, he doesn't need to be as elusive, though, and has shown he can drag multiple tacklers several yards. His straight line speed is nearly as good as Newby's, so close to being elite. I didn't see much pass catching or pass blocking out of him, so there are questions, but his potential is nearly unlimited. He is serviceable as a back out of the spread, but would probably be better in a power set.

#3: Cross. But only if we run an I formation or a two TE Ace set. He's a big bruiser, and he has more speed than most on this board give him credit for. But he can't change direction very well without losing speed and making himself an easy tackle. He is a 3 yards and a cloud of dust style of back. Which can be useful, but is not as explosive as I'd like to see out of our running game. Good pass protection though, and I think he can catch a ball... not 100% confident in that though.

#4-6 Everyone else. Wilbon, in a year or two, could be the next AA, but it's too early to tell. Showed great flashes, though. Not enough info to confidently crown him the starter, but if he was, i wouldn't complain. Nabity and Nelson looked nearly identical, and both appear to have great potential. Neither are as tough of runners, but they have decisiveness when hitting the hole. Top speed might be an issue with them, but only as much as it was for Abdullah. Neither have elite speed, but they are fast. Against highly talented and athletic defenses, it will be an issue.

I'm probably gonna get some hate for this list, but flame away, I've got some steaks to grill.

But first, I'll say that I would be comfortable with any of the guys we saw as a starter, depending on the style of offense.

Still...

#1: Newby. Showed much more decisiveness this year than I've ever seen out of him. Looks much more comfortable taking and giving big hits. Showed his potential speed, elusiveness, and vision. Hit the hole and took off. He might have some issues against stacked boxes and short yardage situations because of his smaller size and strength. He's not built like Abdullah. But he's faster. Borderline elite speed. it's also good to see that his ball handling has improved. Only two questions, though; can he catch passes consistantly, and can he pass protect?

#2: Taylor. He has all the size and strength of Cross, but better at moving laterally. Great elusiveness for his size (but literally every other RB on the roster except Cross is more elusive). With his size and strength, he doesn't need to be as elusive, though, and has shown he can drag multiple tacklers several yards. His straight line speed is nearly as good as Newby's, so close to being elite. I didn't see much pass catching or pass blocking out of him, so there are questions, but his potential is nearly unlimited. He is serviceable as a back out of the spread, but would probably be better in a power set.

#3: Cross. But only if we run an I formation or a two TE Ace set. He's a big bruiser, and he has more speed than most on this board give him credit for. But he can't change direction very well without losing speed and making himself an easy tackle. He is a 3 yards and a cloud of dust style of back. Which can be useful, but is not as explosive as I'd like to see out of our running game. Good pass protection though, and I think he can catch a ball... not 100% confident in that though.

#4-6 Everyone else. Wilbon, in a year or two, could be the next AA, but it's too early to tell. Showed great flashes, though. Not enough info to confidently crown him the starter, but if he was, i wouldn't complain. Nabity and Nelson looked nearly identical, and both appear to have great potential. Neither are as tough of runners, but they have decisiveness when hitting the hole. Top speed might be an issue with them, but only as much as it was for Abdullah. Neither have elite speed, but they are fast. Against highly talented and athletic defenses, it will be an issue.

Lol why so worried..I don't think your are too far off from what everyone else thinks...enjoy your steaks worry free

Taylor looked the best today IMO but I think the game experience lends itself in Newby's favor if he limits fumbles. I love how Taylor played patient one cut football and did no dance. Just told you where he was going and said to try and stop him. After those two probably Wilbon 3rd with cross being a great option as a change of pace guy who WILL push piles. The walk ons looked good as well and if attrition happens I have confidence in them.

Still...

Lol why so worried..I don't think your are too far off from what everyone else thinks...enjoy your steaks worry free
No flames? Well, I guess I'll have to eat them blue.

Still delicious anyway.