Post spring game RB depth chart

Wait.....

I thought we had nothing to take the place of graduating stars.

I haven't watched the scrimmage yet but am in outraged by some threads like this.

It's possible none of them will be even close to what Ameer and Rex and Helu were. But I'm encouraged that Newby seems to be making a move and establishing himself. We would be very lucky to not see a big drop off, but you never know.

Wait.....

I thought we had nothing to take the place of graduating stars.

I haven't watched the scrimmage yet but am in outraged by some threads like this.

None of them is even close to Ameer at this point.
Didn't say they were. But, it's seemed like around here there have been some who think without Ameer and Randy we have no talent and there is nothing to make up for that.

In fact, we will be fine, or at least as good over all.

I think Wilbon looked the best. Newby looked good against nobody when he first got here then didn't do much against real competition.....he has to prove himself IMO. But we didn't really see enough in this practice to know who is the best. Coach Riley showed just enough for us to see that we could be really good without giving everything away.

• Fire 1

1) Newby/Taylor

3) Wilbon

4) Nabity/Nelson

Cross might need to change positions (or have a lot of injuries) to see the field at RB. Nabity and Nelson look very good as possible 4th string backs.

I agree. With his size and speed, he could play n the NFL, just not as a RB. There has to be a way to get him on the field more.

I think Newby and Cross being the starters yesterday indicates they're #1 & #2 right now. Just like Armstrong and Bush, but they wanted to get more film on Bush.

It could change by fall, but who knows. People have been trying to bury Cross on the depth chart for years. Not much to argue. I'll believe it when I see it.

Newby-Cross-Taylor/Wilbon for me.

Newby easy #1.

Cross isn't great at anything but is still a hoss and can get you 3-4 yards pretty easy. Most experienced too.

Wanted to see Taylor get North and South more, he strung some to the sideline which isn't his strength...I'm sure he's still weary of injury.

Wilbon looked good for a RSFr, just needs another year to be a big factor. But I think he'll be a stud.

Nabity I see what the coaches saw and he's a good option in a pinch.

Nelson,quick and shifty. Lacks breakaway speed, showed nice vs the 5th string D.