Signed - QB Patrick O'Brien

Treand3

If the fan base gets their way I think we will lose him. If the #FireMRCrowd gets their way and MR is fired or resigns then I would think another team with a better current environment will come in and swoop him away.

With our current state, He just might be a bigger need for Husker football then even some better historical Nebraska QB's mentioned.

Redshirt?

No. The coaching staff is and will continue to shove square pegs in round holes.

Until January, when they're getting a nice, brand-new, shiny round peg. This kid starts next year. Sorry Tommy, you aren't what the coaching staff wants to see. Tommy will be used similarly to Braxton Miller.

Keep dreaming..

Anyone know a good way to find his updated senior season stats? I can't find them online anywhere, need them for a comparison.

Before this last weekend:

148-185 (80%), 1,998 yards, 21 TDs, 4 INTs

64 carries, 474 yards, 7 TDs

7 games.

Not sure if they played this last week or not.

If the fan base gets their way I think we will lose him. If the #FireMRCrowd gets their way and MR is fired or resigns then I would think another team with a better current environment will come in and swoop him away.

With our current state, He just might be a bigger need for Husker football then even some better historical Nebraska QB's mentioned.

Really?

Just because a portion of our fanbase is unsurprising by the result of a Mike Riley led team doesn't mean they're rooting against the Huskers. Anybody could see poor results on the field a mile away. That being said, Husker fans still want the team to win. Nobody wants the team to lose or to see the team lose their best recruit.

A lot of people suspected we hired a mediocre coach, despite a large segment of sunshine pumpers saying otherwise, and are simply vocal about their thoughts during what might be one of the worst Husker seasons since the 1950s.

Really?

Just because a portion of our fanbase is unsurprising by the result of a Mike Riley led team doesn't mean they're rooting against the Huskers. Anybody could see poor results on the field a mile away.

We've lost five games by a total of thirteen points.

You saw that coming a mile away?

Really?

Just because a portion of our fanbase is unsurprising by the result of a Mike Riley led team doesn't mean they're rooting against the Huskers. Anybody could see poor results on the field a mile away. That being said, Husker fans still want the team to win. Nobody wants the team to lose or to see the team lose their best recruit.

A lot of people suspected we hired a mediocre coach, despite a large segment of sunshine pumpers saying otherwise, and are simply vocal about their thoughts during what might be one of the worst Husker seasons since the 1950s.

Ya, really. A portion of Huskerboard want MR fired ... today, yesterday ... last week. We should be rid of him. My point is ... if that were to happen ... that it will open the door with an interim coach for some other team to swoop in and steal him. We already have an issue with higher ups being replace in a year or so which will perhaps mean a new AD which might also bring in a new coach as well. As a recruit ... it would be realist for them to consider all this. If I was a Top 10 QB in the country I don't know if I would want to be a part of Husker Nation if they just fired their coach after 7-8 games. So "really"? Ya .. REALLY.

I didn't say any of the other stuff you said. Finally, if folks are going to state so much "opinion" that in my view are negative and potentially hurting the program as it adjusts to MR and won't give him even a dang year to implement ... I don't see what's so wrong about stating an opinion about what could possible happen if all of these "Husker faithful" get their way.

I think the program would be far better if the "Husker faithful" would just shut up. Just because they play fantasy football doesn't mean they are experts at running the Husker football program. We gave Bo seven years ... give MR more then 7-8 games and have a bit of maturity in your opinion. I'm saying this to Husker Nation ... not anyone in particular.

I don't really care if people throw stones at me on this. Huskerboard needs more people that have been around for a lot of years to balance all these new posters who start threads about the sky falling.

• Fire 9

Really?

Just because a portion of our fanbase is unsurprising by the result of a Mike Riley led team doesn't mean they're rooting against the Huskers. Anybody could see poor results on the field a mile away.

We've lost five games by a total of thirteen points.

You saw that coming a mile away?

Many of the losses yes. Giving up game winning drives like clockwork? Not so much.

If the losses were to better teams I would have a different attitude.

As far as Mark is concerned, we can agree to disagree. There's a lot of angst in Husker nation, but I don't believe many want the team to lose.

Most fans want Nebraska to win. Nebraska had one of the easiest schedules this year and the results are

puzzling.

Last year Johnny Stanton was the great quarterback recruit that was going to bring Nebraska to the promised

land. I hope O'Brien becomes a great quarterback - he will have to earn the starting job.

I worry that Coach Riley is losing this team - Nebraska football currently is a joke. Last week we had the contrast of

the 1995 team of destiny and the mediocre 2015 team - what a difference 20 years has made.

Lol @ the thought of losing the team halfway through year one. If he is indeed losing anyone, thery're not likely someone we want to be here long term anyway. It'd be best for them and the program to pursue other opportunities if they don't want to stick this out.

Riley is doing his best to change the mindset of a bunch of guys brought here by another coach. Another coach who, regardless of sentiments they may have had about how much he cared about them and had their backs, planted some very deep-seated, deeply-flawed attitudes about how a team should operate, how they should respond to adversity, how they should lead (or more accurately, be led), and how they should view the fanbase. He's got to combat that, and I guaran-damn-tee that's a good bit harder when his team has been losing games in such a heartbreaking manner, as opposed to if it was winning them.

He needs time to bring in guys who haven't been tainted with such flawed ideologies, and haven't spent their collegiate athletic lives doing things a different way in a different system. As he gets in his Jimmies and Joes, that toxic grip Bo left on the roster holdovers will lessen and eventually disappear. Then, it's up to ol' Riles to have success with his Xs and Os.

Keep the faith! Can't wait to see POB and others in the scarlet and cream! GBR!

Wish I could +1000 that. Great post my friend. If you don't mind me calling you so.