Tolbert busted for weed again.

This time of the year, I don't care if any of the Husker players are smoking or drinking...During the season I also don't care as long as they are winning.

Maybe it is just me but it really doesn't bother me if a college kid smokes or drinks

The drinking is what it is as long as they're of age and it doesn't lead to bad decisions/crime. And personally, I don't care at all if a regular Joe wants to smoke weed in his leisure time. So, I agree with what you're saying.

But, my argument against players doing the drugs though is that smoking weed still isn't good for your lungs and, right now, the rules and laws say players can't do it. They play division one football - there's a certain amount of responsibility, in my opinion, associated with playing athletics at this level from a health and decision making standpoint. You agreed to get a free tuition in exchange for winning football games. If that exchange of goods also tells you not to smoke weed... don't smoke weed until the rules say otherwise.

Funny you should say that. In Colorado, smoking pot has dropped dramatically since it's so bad for you. Big, big business making marijuana edibles.

This time of the year, I don't care if any of the Husker players are smoking or drinking...During the season I also don't care as long as they are winning.

Maybe it is just me but it really doesn't bother me if a college kid smokes or drinks

The drinking is what it is as long as they're of age and it doesn't lead to bad decisions/crime. And personally, I don't care at all if a regular Joe wants to smoke weed in his leisure time. So, I agree with what you're saying.

But, my argument against players doing the drugs though is that smoking weed still isn't good for your lungs and, right now, the rules and laws say players can't do it. They play division one football - there's a certain amount of responsibility, in my opinion, associated with playing athletics at this level from a health and decision making standpoint. You agreed to get a free tuition in exchange for winning football games. If that exchange of goods also tells you not to smoke weed... don't smoke weed until the rules say otherwise.

Funny you should say that. In Colorado, smoking pot has dropped dramatically since it's so bad for you. Big, big business making marijuana edibles.

Hash brownies? lol

Good thing Nebraska doesn't have a problem with weed.

I know this is sarcastic. However, it prompted me to mention how the use of Marijuana in the two places I went to school is rampant. Especially athletes. It's a fact, I've seen it and been around it. It won't magically stop either till the penalty gets greater than a 100 fine.

Here's my other thought though. What's that kid going to turn into with out the football team? It's one of those situations where he may need football more than football needs him.

Or is legalized.

Legalizing marijuana is going to stop it the use of it? Look I'm actually pro legalizing marijuana, but athletes still shouldn't be using it, whether it's legal or not.

That really depends on how it affects their performance. I'm pretty sure that unless they're sparking up a J during pregame, it's probably not going to have much of an effect either way. Obviously they shouldn't abuse it, but the same goes for alcohol, or junk food, or whatever else they partake in.

Drug-testing for pot would decimate the NBA.

Would Decimate most of the PRO sports.

Here in Oregon on the news this week they suggested the construction jobs may soon need to stop testing if they want employees, while showing a guy up in a lift working on a bridge. I think they should have shown a clip of a school bus driver sitting behind the wheel of a bus full of kids. (Ok this has nothing to do with athletes but it is my Morning soap box).

• Fire 1

It's effin weed people. We are as a nation about three years away from being legal in 1/2 the states if not nationwide. Yet old farts still think its the devils work.

I'm a 59 year old fart,who smoked weed probably longer than you been alive,I'm guessing.It's not as harmless as you let on.
  • Fire 1