Tolbert busted for weed again.

If you're going to smoke maybe you shouldn't do it in a parking lot. Maybe some place a little more private.

Heard that parking lot is less than two miles from the police station, to put things in perspective. Apparent he hadn't learned his less and still thinks its N.O. People wondering how we'll clear scholarships, we might be seeing things in the works.

The parking lot he was busted in is on 19th St next to the Beadle Center.

If you're going to smoke maybe you shouldn't do it in a parking lot. Maybe some place a little more private.

Heard that parking lot is less than two miles from the police station, to put things in perspective. Apparent he hadn't learned his less and still thinks its N.O. People wondering how we'll clear scholarships, we might be seeing things in the works.

Haven't been to Lincoln in a long time, is it close to a campus police station?

Haven't been to Lincoln in a long time, is it close to a campus police station?

It was on campus, so probably? I have no clue where a campus police station is.

This time of the year, I don't care if any of the Husker players are smoking or drinking...During the season I also don't care as long as they are winning.

Maybe it is just me but it really doesn't bother me if a college kid smokes or drinks

The drinking is what it is as long as they're of age and it doesn't lead to bad decisions/crime. And personally, I don't care at all if a regular Joe wants to smoke weed in his leisure time. So, I agree with what you're saying.

But, my argument against players doing the drugs though is that smoking weed still isn't good for your lungs and, right now, the rules and laws say players can't do it. They play division one football - there's a certain amount of responsibility, in my opinion, associated with playing athletics at this level from a health and decision making standpoint. You agreed to get a free tuition in exchange for winning football games. If that exchange of goods also tells you not to smoke weed... don't smoke weed until the rules say otherwise.

It's a fact, I've seen it and been around it. It won't magically stop either till the penalty gets greater than a 100 fine.

I hope you don't honestly believe this. This line of reasoning is how lives are ruined.

I was talking about incentive to stop. I don't know what needs to be done. What does it take to get athletes to stop and value their career in athletics more so than some pot?

Buffalo county gives minors a weekend in jail for an MIP. How is the penalty for being in possession of alcohol that much worse than being in possession of marijuana? Given the current stigma thay comes with pot...

The Beadle Center isn't especially close to the Campus Police.

I think the main Campus Police station is in the parking garage at 17th & R. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

sIxYVfs.jpg

Yes, the campus police station is at 17th between Q and R (on the first floor of the building named '17th and R Parking Garage' in your picture). The parking lot they got caught in was presumably on the West side of 19th, just north of S (the grey area next to the Vine Street Fields). So the campus police station is about 2-3 blocks away, give or take. Pretty damn close. Honestly a 20 second drive, at the most.