Tolbert busted for weed again.

Good thing Nebraska doesn't have a problem with weed.

Look at the draft. Everybody has a problem with weed.

Everybody as in Gregory, Ray, and?

Those are the guys we know about. I saw a report on last years combine and it had more than 10 players had failed drug test. When they fail a drug test it isnt always made public. I hadnt heard that Ray failed his until he got busted with a bunch of weed. On top of that these players absolutely know that they will be getting drug tested at the biggest interview in their life and are still failing. I would say this is a problem everyone has.

10-20 out of 300 invited to the combine? Everyone doesn't seem like a good description.

That get BUSTED at the combine. I guarantee some guys are smart enough to not fail a drug test at the combine but still smoke marijuana. Also 10-20 guys could represent 10-20 BCS programs out of 65. That would include a lot of college football teams. This is also a tiny sample of the top football players from each team, if you looked at the whole roster for each team then yes everybody has a drug problem. I would say about a quarter of my team in college smoked pot all the time. The other three quarters were drinkers. Not saying 1 is better than the other but this is problem throughout college football the every program has.

I know this is sarcastic. However, it prompted me to mention how the use of Marijuana in the two places I went to school is rampant. Especially athletes. It's a fact, I've seen it and been around it. It won't magically stop either till the penalty gets greater than a 100 fine.

Here's my other thought though. What's that kid going to turn into with out the football team? It's one of those situations where he may need football more than football needs him.

I know this is sarcastic. However, it prompted me to mention how the use of Marijuana in the two places I went to school is rampant. Especially athletes. It's a fact, I've seen it and been around it. It won't magically stop either till the penalty gets greater than a 100 fine.

Here's my other thought though. What's that kid going to turn into with out the football team? It's one of those situations where he may need football more than football needs him.

Or is legalized.
  • Fire 1

Or is legalized.

Legalizing marijuana is going to stop it the use of it? Look I'm actually pro legalizing marijuana, but athletes still shouldn't be using it, whether it's legal or not.

I live on a dead end street with a really nice view.

Not a day goes by that I can't look out and see a carload or two of kids sitting at the end of the cul-de-sac and really, really, really appreciating that view along with a bag of Doritos.

Maybe they're stupid, because the minute a police cruiser enters the street, they're trapped. But in 15 years I've only seen that happen once, and no arrests were made.

If you ask these kids - and I have - they don't have a place that feels safe and secure to do what they want in privacy. Your car is your private place. I kinda remember that feeling myself.

My biggest complaint is the litter, and interestingly enough given Tolbert account, it frequently involves Swisher Sweet products.

I remember those, too.

Or is legalized.

Legalizing marijuana is going to stop it the use of it? Look I'm actually pro legalizing marijuana, but athletes still shouldn't be using it, whether it's legal or not.

For the most part I agree, but some players claim they use weed to take the edge off the pain associated with playing the game for years and years. I don't see a lot of college guys say this, but ones in the NFL do. And instead of doing the weed, they're pushed towards jacking up on prescription pills and doing other types of damage to their body.

In this situation, it SEEMS a situation of a few kids who just wanted to get high on a night off, and that just boggles my mind. They know it's a illegal and they play division one football, and they know they could get kicked off the team. The logic just isn't there, but that's what people do sometimes I guess.