OT Foster Sarell [Stanford - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hope they've been doing work with him. This seems like a horrible boring game for a recruit. Not at the stadium so I hope it's better there than it seems.

Just got back from the game. We played a conservative game but the fans were into it still. I would say a better than usual crowd for a game we are expected to win.

Good to hear!

If you're a great OT do you like a game plan that heavily features running like he saw tonight? I don't really know that much about football so just asking

I just commented on a WR thread asking the same thing ... recruits are smart kids and they understand that you make your game plan according to talent and skill on the team as well as the opponents deficiencies and outages that week. When they come for an OV they spend time with their position coach and have a lengthy conversation about what their strengths are and how the coach would use them. Also, if they look into where these coaches have come from and what they've done in their past they'll see flexibility and ability to coach different skill sets and strengths to get the most out of a player and a team.

I think it's about almost everything else (academics, support, weight/training room, vice from students, game day atmosphere, relationship with coaches etc) that would weigh heavily for them when it comes time to make a decision.

If you're a great OT do you like a game plan that heavily features running like he saw tonight? I don't really know that much about football so just asking

I guess I would think the type of offense is less important to an o-line recruit.

Protecting the QB's blindside is where the dollar bills are made on the line, and you don't prove that by running downhill. Not saying it is a big ssue in this particular case, but it definitely should factor into any kid's decision if he has NFL aspirations.

• Fire 1

The Oregon game will probably be a better game (hopefully) to showcase the total offense. The coaches didn't want to open the playbook last night nor will they next week. I'd like to think the coaches told the recruits that what they saw is a part of what will be coming. The total experience is important and Nebraska seems to have found a way to make it memorable for recruits. I'm hoping it is memorable enough that when they finish their other 4 visits that ours sticks out. This young man looks like he could put on a helmet and pads and be ready to do some damage. Just make it a white helmet with a red "N".

• Fire 1

From a parents perspective I'd think there would be a lot about Nebraska that was attractive. In addition to the program and it's support of academics, post grad etc. You get all of the good of a well respected college program without all the distractions and troubles that a city like LA or Miami might have for an 18 year old kid. And Riley does a great job with recruiting parents. Barry Switzer (I think) used to say that the key in recruiting a kid was winning over mom, and Mike and staff focus on that in addition to the player.

I guess I would think the type of offense is less important to an o-line recruit.

Protecting the QB's blindside is where the dollar bills are made on the line, and you don't prove that by running downhill. Not saying it is a big ssue in this particular case, but it definitely should factor into any kid's decision if he has NFL aspirations.

OL like the run game. That is when they can bring the hurt to the defense as road graders, instead of sitting back in pass pro. Ask any OL.

OL like the run game. That is when they can bring the hurt to the defense as road graders, instead of sitting back in pass pro. Ask any OL.
Oh, I'm not saying otherwise. I'm just saying someone like Sarell who's a tackle with NFL potential, pass protection makes him more attractive to NFL teams.