What is the thing that has you most excited/nervous about this upcoming season?

Excited to see versatility on offense and adaptation to strengths and weaknesses. For instance, the last few years have not been great years for the OL. When the OL is struggling, I would like to see some standard screen passing and a bootleg passing game. Those things were non-existant in the Pelini regime.

Just as excited to have a coach that is not an embarrassment to the program, and to not be worried about what the coach is going to do during the game, and frankly I can't believe that the giant d-bag Pelini was to refs didn't have at least an occasional impact on how refs called a game.

Nervous that we'll lose to BYU and people will freak and that we'll win only 8 games and there will be tons of Bo-lievers come out of the wood-work with "I told you so" type things.

Excited to see versatility on offense and adaptation to strengths and weaknesses. For instance, the last few years have not been great years for the OL. When the OL is struggling, I would like to see some standard screen passing and a bootleg passing game. Those things were non-existant in the Pelini regime.

Just as excited to have a coach that is not an embarrassment to the program, and to not be worried about what the coach is going to do during the game, and frankly I can't believe that the giant d-bag Pelini was to refs didn't have at least an occasional impact on how refs called a game.

Nervous that we'll lose to BYU and people will freak and that we'll win only 8 games and there will be tons of Bo-lievers come out of the wood-work with "I told you so" type things.

On the flip side, if we come out and kick BYU's Morman ass, it will be somewhat of a 'statement' game, and a good one at that. Would love the MR era start off as such.

On the flip side, if we come out and kick BYU's Morman ass, it will be somewhat of a 'statement' game, and a good one at that. Would love the MR era start off as such.

I think most of you guys are expecting Tasum Hill to come back and be exactly like he was before the injury. It was a pretty bad break. Kind a like Matt Herian. No doubt he will be playing, but I don't know if he will be in midseason form, or if he will ever play that well again.

After viewing the threads on HB for a while, I finally decided to take the leap and make my first post.

I am always curious as to why people think we will be a more "disciplined" team under Riley than compared to Bo.

In 2014, Oregon St averaged 8.5 penalties per game. That is tied for 121st in the nation (out of 128...yikes). That does not sound very disciplined to me.

Compare that to Nebraska in 2014, who averaged 5.9 penalties per game. That is tied for 61st in the nation.

Not a Bo lover or a Riley hater, I would just like to hear why everyone thinks we will be so much more "disciplined" now. I understand discipline can mean different things, but penalties are certainly a big part of it.

What I meant by discipline is how in years past, our players played out of position, over pursued, bit on the play fake and just plain didn't tackle well. Hence, played undisciplined football.

Despite comedic value, I think we can all agree in not wanting to see this type of thing again:

nebraska-lineman-falls-over.gif

yeah I want to see that again, but I want it to be the other team

I can't hide it......I am so f'ing pumped to see this team play ball in the next few years. This year will be a blast to watch these guys come into their own and see not only the staff, but the players get a newfound comfort level here. I think the positiity is going to go through the roof heading into 2016 which could be a really good year. Not to get too far ahead. I love this coaching staff. These guys know exactly what they're doing and how to do it. The players will become more like these coaches and less like the panic stricen, unabe to adjust, over-reacting and over-complicated coaches that finally got the hell out of here.

You can feel the sense of calmness wash over this whole program and fan base already.......

Excited about something new that is more experienced about handling just about everything better.

Not nervous about anything. This season could be awesome or (probably) not really mean anything about how this staff will end up.

Just kick back and enjoy the ride.

I'm too old to get nervous over the first year of a head coach.