Charlie McBride Interview with CornNation

http://www.cornnation.com/2015/6/2/8703065/big-red-cobcast-charlie-mcbride-interview

If you have an hour, take some time to listen to yet another great interview by the guys over at CornNation.com as they once again interview legendary Nebraska Defensive Coordinator Charlie McBride.

They cover a wide array of topics including:

1. Mike Riley
  2. Bo Pelini
  3. Bill Callahan
  4. Lawrence Phillips
  5. The Return of the Blackshirt Tradition :bonesflag:
  6. The Importance of Preserving Nebraska's Classic Uniform
  7. This year's spring game
  8. ...and a lot of classic Husker stories, some of them very funny from "the good ole' days."

Enjoy & Go Big Red!

• Fire 7

That was awesome!

I teared up a bit when he talked about Kenny Walker. I Got butterflies when he talked about describing the Blackshirt tradition to the front 7. I was Intrigued when he talked about Callahan, Pelini and the new staff.

It's one thing to hear/read a journalist/pundit/whoever talk up the new staff, it's completely different when you hear Coach McBride do it.

Some interesting stuff about LP too, especially the stuff from after he left Nebraska.

I'm not big on PodCasts but I thoroughly endorse listening to this one, you won't regret it. Thanks so much for posting this Duke!

Listened to most of it. Interesting the things he said about Pelini. I didn't get the impression that he didn't like him, he just said that BP didn't really want any advise on things, and wanted to do things his way. Sounded like he was really pretty impressed with MR and his staff.

McBride: Bo didn't want Milt Tenopir around. The guy lived in Lincoln.

I could never understand why this would happen, especially in the college ranks.

Very cool listening to him talk about Kenny Walker. If anyone has any footage with Kenny Walker please pot it.

Another interesting little bit regarding Milt, Bo, and the offensive line, Milt in an interview on the radio the other day (podcast here) http://www.theticketfm.com/gaskins-stephens/milt-tenopir-legendary-huskers-o-line-coach-1973-2002/

said that he doesn't fault Cotton or Garrison for the offensive lines struggles in recent history.

Milt stresses the importance of individual time and technique work focused directly on the offensive line as an individual unit.

Milt says Bo's practices were always more team oriented. Cotton and Garrison didn't get individual time with their offensive line to coach and develop technique.

Tenopir says in his coaching days, Osborne allowed him 40-50 minutes in practice just working individully with the offensive linemen. he says it helped the kids get better and their technique in games became more "second nature" than anything.

Milt says Riley and Cavanaugh are back to doing it the way Osborne and he did it. Milt also been welomed to nearly every practice.

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this. I'm baffled as to why an area this vital to the success of your team, the offensive line, wasn't more of a focus. I think it says a lot about Bo Pelini's abilities or inabilities to manage. Then add the fact that both McBride and Tenopir were not reached out to? I'm so glad that guy is gone.

• Fire 3

I could never understand why this would happen, especially in the college ranks.

Very cool listening to him talk about Kenny Walker. If anyone has any footage with Kenny Walker please pot it.

Another interesting little bit regarding Milt, Bo, and the offensive line, Milt in an interview on the radio the other day (podcast here) http://www.theticketfm.com/gaskins-stephens/milt-tenopir-legendary-huskers-o-line-coach-1973-2002/

said that he doesn't fault Cotton or Garrison for the offensive lines struggles in recent history.

Milt stresses the importance of individual time and technique work focused directly on the offensive line as an individual unit.

Milt says Bo's practices were always more team oriented. Cotton and Garrison didn't get individual time with their offensive line to coach and develop technique.

Tenopir says in his coaching days, Osborne allowed him 40-50 minutes in practice just working individully with the offensive linemen. he says it helped the kids get better and their technique in games became more "second nature" than anything.

Milt says Riley and Cavanaugh are back to doing it the way Osborne and he did it. Milt also been welomed to nearly every practice.

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this. I'm baffled as to why an area this vital to the success of your team, the offensive line, wasn't more of a focus. I think it says a lot about Bo Pelini's abilities or inabilities to manage. Then add the fact that both McBride and Tenopir were not reached out to? I'm so glad that guy is gone.

Its like Riley has the brains to reach out and basically have some extra coaches around...and those extra coaches happen to be some of the best in Husker history. I can't agree with you more. I don't see how this team loses more than 1 game.

Very interesting info about practice times.