TE Cameron Jurgens [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

If I remember correctly Stanford had a player a few years ago play like FB and LB or something like that. Not something you see often but I suppose not completely without precedent

I'm guessing you're thinking of Miles Jack from UCLA; played both LB and RB

nope it was a Stanford player that I am remembering. Wasn't a standout but he played significant snaps on one side and like 40% of snaps on the other

Edit: here he is, interestingly enough he was a walkon

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/pac12/2014/08/22/stanford-david-shaw-two-way-player-owen-marecic/14448765/

If I remember correctly Stanford had a player a few years ago play like FB and LB or something like that. Not something you see often but I suppose not completely without precedent

nope it was a Stanford player that I am remembering. Wasn't a standout but he played significant snaps on one side and like 40% of snaps on the other

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/pac12/2014/08/22/stanford-david-shaw-two-way-player-owen-marecic/14448765/

Owen Marecic?

Owen Marecic?

yep that's him and I was mistaken, his dad was a walkon at Penn State.

I'd be curious what he weighs now. I'm a big fan but he just seemed to be big and kind of slow at Heartland Hoops. Or perhaps I should say not particularly quick as opposed to slow.

Maybe it's just because basketball isn't really his sport but watching him play then watching Austin Allen later Allen just moved so much better - and Allen is taller.

Just kind of makes me wonder what position he'll fit bet.

I'd be curious what he weighs now. I'm a big fan but he just seemed to be big and kind of slow at Heartland Hoops. Or perhaps I should say not particularly quick as opposed to slow.

Maybe it's just because basketball isn't really his sport but watching him play then watching Austin Allen later Allen just moved so much better - and Allen is taller.

Have yet to watch him play live but just watching film I thought he should be a LB. Now with our move to a 3-4 I think he definitely starts there.

Speed on a basketball court, is not speed on a football field.

Kid is going to be an animal.

Speed on a basketball court, is not speed on a football field.

Kid is going to be an animal.

Which is why I wasn't talking about speed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to TE Cameron Jurgens [Nebraska - Signed LOI]