TE Cameron Jurgens [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Some former NFL evaluator guy was there at the Rivals camp this weekend. Not sure if he was a former coach, scout, or what, but he was asked if Jurgens was a TE or a LB and he said he's a TE with a ton of upside and athleticism through the roof.

I'm slowly starting to buy in on the TE thing. Didn't know he was 6'4, I had 6'2 stuck in my head.

Some former NFL evaluator guy was there at the Rivals camp this weekend. Not sure if he was a former coach, scout, or what, but he was asked if Jurgens was a TE or a LB and he said he's a TE with a ton of upside and athleticism through the roof.

I saw that too, after some of the recruitniks last year were saying he'd be a top 50 recruit if he focused on LB.

I'm slowly starting to buy in on the TE thing. Didn't know he was 6'4, I had 6'2 stuck in my head.
That would make a big difference
  • 3 weeks later...

Considering visits to LSU (recruiting him as a TE - likes Canada's offense) and UCLA (recruiting him as a DE/OLB hybrid).

Not surprising as he had said previously that he may take some visits. No indication that he is wavering.

Doesn't he basically attend everything at Nebraska? Gameday, camps etc.

CAMERON JURGENS' POSITION DEBATE RAGES ON

Nebraska initially recruited Rivals100 athlete Cameron Jurgens for the tight end position back when he committed prior to his sophomore year, and he confirmed this past weekend that the Cornhuskers definitely plan to use him at that position. Other schools, like UCLA, where he expects to officially visit as a senior, see him on defense, and that is where we project the 6-foot-4, 245-pound prospect to have the highest upside as well. Jurgens is a decent Power Five tight end prospect, but we would not put him among the top 10 at the position in this class. As a linebacker or even a defensive end, though, Jurgens' skill set makes for an extremely high ceiling even though he is less polished on that side of the ball right now.

Rivals

• Mavric changed the title to TE Cameron Jurgens [Nebraska - Signed LOI]