TE Cameron Jurgens [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Not to take anything away from Jurgens because this is a great mark but the discrepancy says more about Class A than it does Jurgens.

Ummmm....no.

I went back a number of years in class A and B and didn't find any over 62'. Luke Pinkelman whom threw for Nebraska and was (I think) #2 or #3 in the nation in shotput while in college and could have qualified for the olympics if he would have had a decent qualifying throw.....only threw 59' 9-3/4" his senior year.

62-10 is one hell of a throw.

Luke owns the Class B state meet record at 63' 7.5" (must have been his junior year)

Luke is built like a Center or a Guard. Like you would think a shot putter would be built. Cameron is a Tight End???

• Fire 1

Not to take anything away from Jurgens because this is a great mark but the discrepancy says more about Class A than it does Jurgens.

Ummmm....no.

I went back a number of years in class A and B and didn't find any over 62'. Luke Pinkelman whom threw for Nebraska and was (I think) #2 or #3 in the nation in shotput while in college and could have qualified for the olympics if he would have had a decent qualifying throw.....only threw 59' 9-3/4" his senior year.

Luke owns the Class B state meet record at 63' 7.5" (must have been his junior year)

Luke is built like a Center or a Guard. Like you would think a shot putter would be built. Cameron is a Tight End???

He's going to be a HELL of a LB.

https://twitter.com/Sean_Callahan/status/862762287349850112

Ummmm....no.

State record in IN is 66-8.5 set in 1997. Only reason I know this is because a kid quit my dad's team to focus on track because he thought he was going to the olympics. Beat the old record of 63 something and this other kid comes up and uncorked the 66 footer. Hope Jurgens sticks with football

Ummmm....no.

Um .... yes.

I didn't say they should be at 62 feet. And I didn't say 62-10 wasn't a great throw. In fact I said just the opposite.

What I said was the discrepancy has more to do with the lack of good throwers in Class A. 62 feet would usually be leading the state. But Class A would usually be expected to produce someone who can throw in the 59-60 foot range Thus the discrepancy would often only be 2-3 feet instead of 7 feet.

Class A has not been producing much for Shot Putters the last couple years. But 55 feet would be the worst Class A gold medal going back the 20 years that the NSAA has on their web site. The last three years have been 57-57-56 but before that there were marks of 59 (McNitt), 62, 59, 62, 62, 60, 60, 59, 60 and 61 over that span. So 55 is noticeably lower this year than what would be expected historically.

• Fire 3

• Mavric changed the title to TE Cameron Jurgens [Nebraska - Signed LOI]