***2018 Recruiting***

I really want Ogbonnia. He could easily develop into a nose tackle that could anchor a great line.

Otito's 68'-6" shot put throw (1st at this meet) is better than Ndamukong Suh's Portland high school record throw of 61'-4" by a substantial margin.

As I understand it, he wants to do Shot Put at Nebraska. The fact that Scott Frost's mom coached shot put and SF tossed it himself means (I'm assuming) that NU would be fine with that.

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

I really want Ogbonnia. He could easily develop into a nose tackle that could anchor a great line.

Otito's 68'-6" shot put throw (1st at this meet) is better than Ndamukong Suh's Portland high school record throw of 61'-4" by a substantial margin.

As I understand it, he wants to do Shot Put at Nebraska. The fact that Scott Frost's mom coached shot put and SF tossed it himself means (I'm assuming) that NU would be fine with that.

Or that the davis twins currently throw shot and discus.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Could someone make a list of the players who were first offered by Riley that we're recruiting (or have signed/committed) and the ones that were solely Frost?

Riley: Jurgens, Wildeman, Alston, Farniok, Pickering. 

Frost: Woodyard, Bell, Honas, Smith, McGriff, Legrone, Martinez, Jones, Jones, Watt, Clark, Rodgers, Williams, Williams.   

Washington,  JBB, Tannor, Otito, Montgomery, Canty, Hunt, Taylor.

Edited by Warrior10
  • Plus1 4

Article from last year.

https://247sports.com/college/central-florida/Article/Great-Scott-UCF-now-a-recruiting-destination-51073581

UCF, helped by a belated Signing Day surprise in Cordarrian Richardson's signature, finished with the best class in the American Conference, and the highest-ranked non-Power 5 recruiting class in the nation.

You need guys like T.J. Pitts, the lowest-rated signee in UCF's class who had just one other offer, from FAMU.

“If you watch his senior tape, it will blow you away," Frost said. "The kid is about 6-feet and a half inch and weighs about 250 pounds and runs around like a 160 pound guy. As tough as anybody you’ll find. We don’t care if that kid is a four-star or a one-star, we watched his tape and evaluated him and liked what he does.”

• Plus1 2

On 2/5/2018 at 1:09 AM, Mavric said:

Mapieu comes off the board so we're at 19 commits plus two transfers.  Going to stick with Smith signing.  The limit would seem to be 23 but Frost says 24-27 so..... 

• For sure one OL, maybe two with the higher number?: Canty -> Robinson
  • One OLB: JJB
  • One RB: Washington -> Sargbah/Bryant?
  • One DB for sure, maybe two: Taylor a likely commit -> Montgomery
  • We'd be open to adding another WR: Hunt
  • Ogbonnia at DT probably a good bet now

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - ADRIAN MARTINEZ
RB - 1-2 - JUCO GREG BELLMaurice Washington
WR - 6-7 - JUCO JARON WOODYARDJUSTIN McGRIFF, KATERIAN LeGRONE, JUCO MIKE WILLAIMS,  DOMINICK WATT, MILES JONES, Andre Hunt
TE - 1 - CAMERON JURGENS
OT - 1-2 - Jalan Robinson, Willie Canty
OG/C - 1 - WILL FARNIOK

NT - 1 - Otito Ogbonnia
DE - 2 - TATE WILDEMAN, CASEY ROGERS
LB - 3 - DAVID ALSTON, JUCO WILL HONAS, 
CB - 2 - JUCO DEONTAI WILLIAMS, BRAXTON CLARK, Cam TaylorKen Montgomery
S - 1-2 - CJ SMITH, CAM'RON JONES

K - 1 - BARRET PICKERING

thats my best guess at the class

• Plus1 1

So with all this Tannor news changing but also things changing with JJB, cant help but think they are related.

I would assume we have JJB over Tannor but seems like the steam to Tannor kicked in before we were losing on JJB. Wonder if we figured out we were in trouble when OSU lost out on Oats and we kicked up big time with Tannor or if we were pushing Tannor hard and then JJB decided just to move on.

Still very impressed with what we got done in the time we did and hopefully with some wins on the field this year we can really pick up even more recruiting steam for next year.