Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

The problem with adidas is not the quality of their products. I also think they make good shirts. I don't have any shoes but those seem to be good quality. Even our regular jerseys I like pretty well.

It's the total failure at the alternates. They're not even average. They are terrible. If we're going to go that route - and it seems like we are - we need to have something that actually looks good as opposed to something that gets laughed at.

If their design work was as good as their quality work, they'd be fine.

• Fire 3

Just don't go looking at their golf division.
I have several of their golf shirts and like them a lot.
I think hes probably talking about this.

http://fortune.com/2016/05/04/adidas-golf-sale-2/

"Adidas said it would aim to sell its loss-making golf business to focus on shoes and clothing, after its core Adidas brand reported strong quarterly sales, particularly in the United States."

• Fire 1

The problem with adidas is not the quality of their products. I also think they make good shirts. I don't have any shoes but those seem to be good quality. Even our regular jerseys I like pretty well.

It's the total failure at the alternates. They're not even average. They are terrible. If we're going to go that route - and it seems like we are - we need to have something that actually looks good as opposed to something that gets laughed at.

I would disagree with this, actually.

The only things I've seen/experienced as being good quality from Adidas are shoes, and even then, I would say only casual shoes and football cleats. I've never liked the feel or fit of their t-shirts, shorts, general fan/consumer merch much at all, and their football and basketball jerseys look cheap and behave cheap, imo.

Their cleats are really, really cool though. And their football gloves too.

Just don't go looking at their golf division.
I have several of their golf shirts and like them a lot.
I think hes probably talking about this.

http://fortune.com/2016/05/04/adidas-golf-sale-2/

"Adidas said it would aim to sell its loss-making golf business to focus on shoes and clothing, after its core Adidas brand reported strong quarterly sales, particularly in the United States."

Adidas is looking to sell its golf equipment business, i.e. Taylor Made, Adams Golf, and Ashworth. The golf equipment business is tough to excel in, especially the way TM has been so poorly the past few years. Taylor Made produces new clubs way too often, and they end up selling at deep discounts the past few years. Stores like Golf Galaxy and Dicks Sporting Goods (who owns Golf Galaxy) have gotten rid of the PGA professionals they used to employ in the stores in an effort to cut costs.

Basically Adidas will remain in the golf business by selling polos, shoes, and other golf apparel. These products are usually good sellers and have high margins, as well.

Adidas is looking to sell its golf equipment business, i.e. Taylor Made, Adams Golf, and Ashworth. The golf equipment business is tough to excel in, especially the way TM has been so poorly the past few years. Taylor Made produces new clubs way too often, and they end up selling at deep discounts the past few years. Stores like Golf Galaxy and Dicks Sporting Goods (who owns Golf Galaxy) have gotten rid of the PGA professionals they used to employ in the stores in an effort to cut costs.

Basically Adidas will remain in the golf business by selling polos, shoes, and other golf apparel. These products are usually good sellers and have high margins, as well.

So now we're blaming the drop in adidas golf sales on Taylor Martinez? Dude can't do anything right in some Husker fans' eyes.

• Fire 7

Hopefully this is a bargaining chip for us at the table. I would think that we could potentially ask for a better design/designer for the alternates as part of the new contract. For Adidas this should be a big deal. Get a new uniform alternates design team, or you lose the contract.

So now we're blaming the drop in adidas golf sales on Taylor Martinez? Dude can't do anything right in some Husker fans' eyes.

REALLY REALLY hope this guy was joking.

REALLY REALLY hope this guy was joking.

I took it as 100% a joke.