The Repub Debate

How low can this mess go. Think of President Reagan who would never go into the oval office without a suit out of respect for the office. Now we got Trump saying what he said in the debate about his size. And this guy could possibly be the face of America? Of course, Bill Clinton set the new example of Oval Office behavior - so maybe we should be so surprised by a Trump.

I didn't get a chance to hear the debate (teaching). So, who 'won' the debate? Most effective in discussing the issues and policy and getting his point across.

I heard Rush say that Cruz did the best job. I've heard some others say Kasich did a good job staying above the fray and pointing out his successes.

I can't get over Cruz having that HUGE white thing on his lip for like 2 minutes...

I didn't watch the debate, but between pen15 size and white thing on lips this must be the new republican party
@CruzCrumb is a Twitter handle!

I just saw that. This could be his Howard Dean moment. Except that he's not winning the race right now.

I can't get over Cruz having that HUGE white thing on his lip for like 2 minutes...

I didn't watch the debate, but between pen15 size and white thing on lips this must be the new republican party
@CruzCrumb is a Twitter handle!

I just saw that. This could be his Howard Dean moment. Except that he's not winning the race right now.

Whooooo Raaaaaaa...then we are gonna go to Texas and win there...then we will go tot Arizona and win there...

A lot of people are saying it and there are numbers to back it up. Republican voters don't like their choices.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/republican-voters-kind-of-hate-all-their-choices/

Makes you wonder what kind of turnout there'll be on the Republican side. Maybe a lot of them won't even vote. It'll make the Independent vote that much more critical, and I don't think Trump polls as well with Independents as he does with Republicans.

A lot of people are saying it and there are numbers to back it up. Republican voters don't like their choices.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/republican-voters-kind-of-hate-all-their-choices/

Makes you wonder what kind of turnout there'll be on the Republican side. Maybe a lot of them won't even vote. It'll make the Independent vote that much more critical, and I don't think Trump polls as well with Independents as he does with Republicans.

The Republican primary turnout is breaking records but I don't know what that means for the general election. I also don't know what the Democratic primary's lower numbers mean but my guess is that Democratic party members see Clinton as inevitable and Sanders isn't exciting enough (like Obama was) to turn out for.

I'm an independent and I'm considering voting in the Republican primary just to vote against Trump. Even though he is the least likely of all of the Republican candidates to beat Clinton. Despite not liking her I will vote for her against all of the current Republican candidates. But I'd prefer that Sanders win.

The Independents tend to lean toward the candidate that seems to be most pragmatic and the one that seems to espouse working across the aisle. That's one of the reasons they are not affiliated with a party - they want to find someone that is willing to actually institute change, which they know requires some degree of willingness to work with all political spectrums. I'd guess that would sink Trump - he's been the polar opposite of inclusive or willing to compromise.

OK...got a question about the debate since I didn't watch all of it.

I tuned in with about 20 minutes left. I'm pretty sure the question to Donald was something about how he is going to make foreign leaders do what he wants them to do.

Honestly....his answer was....."Because I'll tell them to. They will do what I tell them to do".

Seriously???? Did I hear that right?

BTW.....type loser.com into your browser. :laughpound

It's worse than that BRB.

Recently, Michael Hayden came out and said that if Trump gave the order to our military to kill wives and children of terrorists, has called for, the military is would disobey the order. Hayden is no schlub-- he served 41 years in the Air Force and retired a four star general, 6 years as the NSA director, and 3 years as the CIA director.

All armed forces members take an oath to protect the Constitution, not to the commander in chief. They're not required to follow an unlawful order, per the Geneva Conventions. Targeting civilians is a war crime, and Trump doesn't seem to understand that.

They asked him about it and said, "If this were the case, how would you get military members to do what you want them to do?"

"Because I'll tell them to. They will do what I tell them to do."

He's awful.

And....Trump flips his position.

• Fire 1

OK...got a question about the debate since I didn't watch all of it.

I tuned in with about 20 minutes left. I'm pretty sure the question to Donald was something about how he is going to make foreign leaders do what he wants them to do.

Honestly....his answer was....."Because I'll tell them to. They will do what I tell them to do".

Seriously???? Did I hear that right?

BTW.....type loser.com into your browser. :laughpound

It's worse than that BRB.

Recently, Michael Hayden came out and said that if Trump gave the order to our military to kill wives and children of terrorists, has called for, the military is would disobey the order. Hayden is no schlub-- he served 41 years in the Air Force and retired a four star general, 6 years as the NSA director, and 3 years as the CIA director.

All armed forces members take an oath to protect the Constitution, not to the commander in chief. They're not required to follow an unlawful order, per the Geneva Conventions. Targeting civilians is a war crime, and Trump doesn't seem to understand that.

They asked him about it and said, "If this were the case, how would you get military members to do what you want them to do?"

"Because I'll tell them to. They will do what I tell them to do."

He's awful.

And....Trump flips his position.

I think this is the biggest reason why I'm completely baffled that anyone supports him. How can anyone have any idea what he's actually going to do?

I think this is the biggest reason why I'm completely baffled that anyone supports him. How can anyone have any idea what he's actually going to do?

And people flip their lid when they talk about Hillary changing her stance on stuff. But they vote for Trump. Weird.