A look at rep points over the years

It's been a year since I updated this and there's been some more changes.

Mavric now has the overall post lead, surpassing me sometime in September. Mav's probably going to top 40,000 posts on HB in a few weeks. At the rate I'm posting, it'll be a while before I get there, and it'll be forever before anyone else tops 30,000 posts.

Mav also jumped NUance for #2 on the Rep rankings in late December, around the time he guessed the answer to my little Status Update trivia game I've played over the last couple months. When Mavric debuted in the Top 50 (which is where I cut off the rankings), 7/1/13, he clocked in at #46 with a modest 3,236 posts & 279 rep.

The Dude, who held the #2 slot for years and years, has dropped down to #5, mostly due to posting far less than he used to. Landlord is at #4 behind me, Mavric & NUance.

Everyone in the Top 25 has 1,500+ Rep. Everyone in the Top Ten has 4,000+ Rep. Everyone in the Top 5 has at least 5,000 rep.

So here's the current Top 25. Plenty of fun folks in this, posting regularly, chipping in with good conversation.

oR5BxLp.png

A relatively new tradition has been the Merry +1ness thread. I think it started last year (2015) and this was the 2nd year. This year, I went through the thread and totted up all the points everyone was given. Here's my chart:

woUNyIS.png

GSG was by far the biggest recipient of good cheer, followed by MLB 51, NUance, then Tood. The numbers on the two far right columns are the person's total rep as of yesterday, and the far right percentage is how much of their overall Rep they gained from the 2016 Merry +1ness thread. MLB, for example, gained almost 14% of his total current rep from that thread. What a way to spread holiday cheer.

+1

:lol:

• Fire 1

Looking back through all this I have no idea how I fall where I do on any of this stuff. Never been a mod, never been all that terribly popular or well-liked, and am prone to disappear for months at a time. Who the hell am I?

I think I read somewhere else that you are Nate Clouse.

My name is Robert Paulsen.

Looking back through all this I have no idea how I fall where I do on any of this stuff. Never been a mod, never been all that terribly popular or well-liked, and am prone to disappear for months at a time. Who the hell am I?

It was a bad joke. Somewhere in a recruiting thread there were questions about sources and if someone was Nate.

It was a bad joke. Somewhere in a recruiting thread there were questions about sources and if someone was Nate.

And, I'm guessing he isn't Robert Paulsen either.

It's been a year since I updated this and there's been some more changes.

Mavric now has the overall post lead, surpassing me sometime in September. Mav's probably going to top 40,000 posts on HB in a few weeks. At the rate I'm posting, it'll be a while before I get there, and it'll be forever before anyone else tops 30,000 posts.

Mav also jumped NUance for #2 on the Rep rankings in late December, around the time he guessed the answer to my little Status Update trivia game I've played over the last couple months. When Mavric debuted in the Top 50 (which is where I cut off the rankings), 7/1/13, he clocked in at #46 with a modest 3,236 posts & 279 rep.

The Dude, who held the #2 slot for years and years, has dropped down to #5, mostly due to posting far less than he used to. Landlord is at #4 behind me, Mavric & NUance.

Everyone in the Top 25 has 1,500+ Rep. Everyone in the Top Ten has 4,000+ Rep. Everyone in the Top 5 has at least 5,000 rep.

So here's the current Top 25. Plenty of fun folks in this, posting regularly, chipping in with good conversation.

oR5BxLp.png

A relatively new tradition has been the Merry +1ness thread. I think it started last year (2015) and this was the 2nd year. This year, I went through the thread and totted up all the points everyone was given. Here's my chart:

woUNyIS.png

GSG was by far the biggest recipient of good cheer, followed by MLB 51, NUance, then Tood. The numbers on the two far right columns are the person's total rep as of yesterday, and the far right percentage is how much of their overall Rep they gained from the 2016 Merry +1ness thread. MLB, for example, gained almost 14% of his total current rep from that thread. What a way to spread holiday cheer.

#16?!

biDFHU0.gif