DPE Injured: Out 6-8 weeks.

This is worth a touchdown per game I would think, possible more.

This is a kids whole offseason worth of work down the crapper. Man I hope he comes back as the same DPe. Foot injuries are very shaky. Can linger for your entire life. Damn what a blow to this kid and to this team. Really hope he makes a speedy recovery, for this teams sake and for his.

Makes all those expectations conversations prior to seeing a single snap seem kind of useless doesn't it? In my opinion, it certainly does......

Yes, we saw what happen to TM with his foot injury - no senior season. He tried to come back but couldn't. I was really looking to see him on jet sweeps and the return game. Do we have anyone who can step in wt similar ability - any of the new redshirts or true frosh?

DPE was a dynamic and special punt returner and I hope he gets back to that.

However, I do want to remind people that Bo changed how he was handling the punt return unit last year and the way they blocked it gave the return man more time and space to run. Now, I hope Reed knows what he is doing and has a good scheme on returns so that it gives our guys a chance to make a move and a return.

Prior to last year, our scheme for punt returns defied logic.

Exactly right. You can't dismiss the speed and talent that DPE brought to the field but there was a clear change in how special teams was being addressed last year.

He had almost 200 more return yards than Lockett from KSU. 34 returns to 21 and DPE averaged over 17 YPR. That flips the field. His return ability and fear of him actually getting a return served us well last year. Teams started to scheme away from him. He had the uncanny ability to simply plant the foot, make the read and get upfield. No dancing around. he understood the cardinal rule of returns in simply catching the ball and make the first guy miss. Get north and south quick. You can't teach that.

His loss will be felt. Thats almost 20 yards the O has to make up in field position for 34 more plays than they had to last year. Thats almost 600 more yards the O needs to make up for his production. No small feet or factor......