DPE Injured: Out 6-8 weeks.

Alright Chicken Little's... The sky is not falling. In football you don't build a team around one guy unless that guy is a QB. DPE is a WR and he wasn't even our best receiver on the team last year. Sure he broke some crazy runs in the return game, but if our offense can't move the ball down the field well and we have to have a big return game to score, we have much bigger issues and frankly don't deserve to play in the BI0 Championship.

Westercamp is very good. We know this. And we know he's TA's top target and TA always locks in on his guy. B Reilly is our deep threat and our burner and we know he can play. Bo was high on him as well. Bo loved Hovey and Mike Reilly and K Williams love Hovey. He's a big bodied guy that's going to do well. Stanley M is already better than Pierson El, some players said it themselves. He's gonna step in. Alonzo Moore is running with the 2's and has improved a lot from last year. And then we have Burtch, Allen, Turner. There was once a time when Turner was one of our best 3. Even if Burtch and Allen don't come back for a bit, we still have 8-9 guys that can play. That's a 3 deep. And the coaches have said they can put Wilbon in as a receiver some and possibly Jordan Nelson as well.

Now let's look at the return game. Have you seen Mikale Wilbon return at the college level? No? Right because he redshirted. But he has the skill set and vision to be very good at it. Give him a chance. Plus how do we know Stanley isn't good at it? What about Josh Kalu (if you look at his high school tape he was a phenomenal returner). Or we know Jordan Stevenson could be phenomenal at returning. He's got what looks to be a high ankle sprain. Give it a couple more weeks. He can do that for us this year.

We have a TEAM and we stack with DEPTH because we don't build offense or plays around one guy. It's football. Guys always go down with injuries. Every year we have 2-3 WR's sat a time who can't play cause they are injured. Remember last fall camp? How many guys were hurt at the WR position? If I remember correct it was 3-4. Taariq Allen tore his ACL 2 years ago. Really had a major injury in the season. Hovey was hurt. Kenny was hurt. Jamal tore his Achilles and was out the whole year. Burtch was hurt. We're actually in a pretty good spot right now and this year. What's hurting us with depth is 3 scholarship WR's were dismissed from the team this summer. So we are down 1/4 of the position going into the year. That's why we are hurting. But we'll be okay and we will have better depth for next year.

Don't worry. Be happy folks.

I don't know. He looked a lot like Johnny Rogers, and I was hoping the new staff was planning on using him like BD used Rogers.

@rfisher88: Good seeing my man @DontPunt_15. Successful surgery. He'll be back in no time.

Fisher is one guy that I wouldn't mind have back on our staff. The players loved him and he wasn't a bad coach either.

What would you say are Fisher's strengths as a coach? In other words, list the things you think he does well that he brings to the job.

@rfisher88: Good seeing my man @DontPunt_15. Successful surgery. He'll be back in no time.

Fisher is one guy that I wouldn't mind have back on our staff. The players loved him and he wasn't a bad coach either.
What would you say are Fisher's strengths as a coach? In other words, list the things you think he does well that he brings to the job.

I would take savage professionalism over golf lessons every day of the week and twice on Saturdays

• Fire 2

I know most people want to remain positive, but can we not pretend this isn't a huge loss? I got the feeling we were going to see DPE utilized not only as a big time receiver in a heavier passing game, but as a threat on sweeps as well.

We can plug another guy into returns, but man those are some potentially big shoes to fill. Morgan has a chance to step up and I hope he makes the most of it, still a lot to ask. Man this sucks.

• Fire 1

I would take savage professionalism over golf lessons every day of the week and twice on Saturdays

Me too.

This isn't the first time I've heard someone say they would like Fisher back on the staff or would've like to seen him retained. I never really see any tangible reasons as to why that is.

Just curious what it is those people believe Fisher does well and why we would want him back on the staff as a coach.

Anybody who thinks that could answer, I know theres quite a few of you running around this board. It's just an honest question, because frankly I don't get it and I hope the guy is not brought back for any reason.

Any time you lose a preseason all American it's going to hurt and affect the team to some extent. Now, if he is the only starter on the offense that gets taken out for most of the year then we should be fine. The problem is when they start stacking up and we lose multiple starters. At some point, it does affect the ability of the team to perform at the highest level.

Let's hope that doesn't happen.

• Fire 1

Me too.

This isn't the first time I've heard someone say they would like Fisher back on the staff or would've like to seen him retained. I never really see any tangible reasons as to why that is.

Just curious what it is those people believe Fisher does well and why we would want him back on the staff as a coach.

Anybody who thinks that could answer, I know theres quite a few of you running around this board. It's just an honest question, because frankly I don't get it and I hope the guy is not brought back for any reason.

I'm not going to say I think he should be brought back, because I don't know what Williams brings to the table yet. I don't know what you are expecting as far as "tangible reasons," but I thought our receiving corps improved greatly over the last few years. Particularly, I thought perimeter blocking and player development stood out the most.

• Fire 2

I know most people want to remain positive, but can we not pretend this isn't a huge loss? I got the feeling we were going to see DPE utilized not only as a big time receiver in a heavier passing game, but as a threat on sweeps as well.

We can plug another guy into returns, but man those are some potentially big shoes to fill. Morgan has a chance to step up and I hope he makes the most of it, still a lot to ask. Man this sucks.

This is a big loss and I'm not going to pretend otherwise but, I am going to remain positive and assume that others will fill in and pick up the slack. The loss is what it is. How we as fans react on a message board has no effect on the actual severity of the loss. No need to run around with arms flailing and crying the sky is falling. We'll be fine.

Me too.

I'm not going to say I think he should be brought back, because I don't know what Williams brings to the table yet. I don't know what you are expecting as far as "tangible reasons," but I thought our receiving corps improved greatly over the last few years. Particularly, I thought perimeter blocking and player development stood out the most.

Well, I'll tell ya what I mean by tangible, (maybe tangible is the wrong word to use, I should say specific aspects of his coaching or something like that)

Is Fisher a good:

fundamentals coach

technical coach

how much experience

a proven record

Wr's he's coached who have done well at the next level

is he highly praised by other in the profession

a good communicator

does he wear a good calogne

is he organized

is he route specific

does he operate good practices

does he hold players accountable

does he take ownership and pride in perfection and high standards

does he show up to work on time

does he like cherry cheesecake

is he creative and effective in developing WR drills

Hell any of those are reasons you could like a guy I guess. There are a few of those I can say that I could apply to Coach Williams, and that's just from the short time he's been here. I don't know what of those would apply to Fisher, but from the results I've seen, I know some of them don't apply either. This is why I ask questions when I don't know. It let's people who think they know have a chance to give an answer.

Being told that by the coaches, reading it in the paper, hearing it on the radio, and watching them do it in the spring game isn't exactly the same thing as "getting the feeling they were going to" do that, but I get your point.

Well, for starters, Fisher helped recruit Westerkamp and DPE along with Monte Harrison. He also helped on Terrell Newby, Chongo Kondolo and Chris Jones and helped get the ball rolling with Stanley Morgan. So that's probably four of our offensive starters this year.

He coached the WRs involved in the #9, 10, 13 and 20 most passing yards games in Husker history.

He coached the #3, 4 and 8 passing yard seasons in Husker history.

On the receiving side, he coached two of the #8 games in terms of receptions by a player in a game and the #5, 17 and 20 games in receiving yards by a player in a game.

The #T-6, T-9 and T-9 100 yard receiving games in a season, T-3, T-7 and T-11 100 yard receiving games in a career

The #4, #7 and #10 receiving yards in a season along with #7, 8, 9 and 10 seasons in receptions.

The #1 and T-5 TD receptions in a season and #3 and 5 TD receptions in a career.

The #3, T-4 and T-4 consecutive games with a reception.

In addition to all those records, our WRs were widely regarded for the effort and effectiveness of their blocking.

But, you know, #golfcoach.

• Fire 7