New PA Announcer

The way the administration just acted only serves to reinforce that what Jon said about Perlman is accurate.

You might explain please... What world are you living in, that you can disparage a future employer and follow it up a day after you are employed and say something stupid on twitter about how the blackshirts are handed out. They acted properly, I would have done the same.

The only comment I know of is the one referenced in this thread (the one on Facebook). If there is another, please post it.

The way the administration just acted only serves to reinforce that what Jon said about Perlman is accurate.

You might explain please... What world are you living in, that you can disparage a future employer and follow it up a day after you are employed and say something stupid on twitter about how the blackshirts are handed out. They acted properly, I would have done the same.
God forbid someone asks why the guy in charge isnt held accountable for the things that have transpired while hes been in charge. Its not like the owner of a company, hes employed.

God forbid someone asks why the guy in charge isnt held accountable for the things that have transpired while hes been in charge. Its not like the owner of a company, hes employed.

There's nothing wrong with "someone" questioning Pearlman. There is something wrong for that someone if they want to have a job working for the guy they dissed.

There's nothing wrong with "someone" questioning Pearlman. There is something wrong for that someone if they want to have a job working for the guy they dissed.

Yeah. It also shows how many things get blown out of proportion on the internet. It's fine to disagree, but just because you disagree doesn't make it a "disgrace". But people like to over-state their case to make it sound stronger. Had he said it was a bad decision, probably wouldn't have mattered.

Interesting how they dug it up, though. Someone had to have tipped them off. You'd think if it was deleted - at least to the point where 99% of the population couldn't find it - it should have been a non-issue anyway.

On the front page of ESPN currently

Facebook post costs newly hired Nebraska stadium announcer his job

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13559872/nebraska-cornhuskers-fire-pa-announcer-jon-schuetz-facebook-post-cited

Back on the front page. #relevance

It was the lead headline in this morning's Sports Digest in the San Francisco Chronicle.

And I thought it was going to be about Curt Shilling.

You know what I would have done if I was Shuertz's employer and I discovered that Facebook post?

Nothing.

The only comment I know of is the one referenced in this thread (the one on Facebook). If there is another, please post it.

icon5.png Did anyone catch what Jon Schuetz said about handing out Blackshirts last night?

Brian Christopherson tweeted that Schuetz said the coaches should have waited to hand out Blackshirts until October?

So Jon was still attached to the Pelini teat and has refused to let go. Bad choice to hire him from the start.