Almost everything I saw seemed very positive...

teachercd

1. Armstrong looked really solid. I think he looked even better than most of us expected.

2. Great rotation at running back. I think about 6 guys had carries.

3. WR's look very very good. Not sure I saw a drop.

4. Defense was impressive for how young they are in spots. I think Gangwish had about 4-5 QB Hurries

5. The came out in the second half and just dominated most of it, that impressed me, seeing those changes at half time.

• Fire 9

I too saw some positives, but there were some glaring trouble spots. Running game and O-line & secondary concern me. That said, I did see some positives. I liked the passion of the team, I liked Riley's approach, and I was sad to see them come away with a loss.

There is no way to be certain, but the game had a very Wisconsin-esquq feel to it. When BYU went on a run in the second quarter it could have snowballed. I truly believe if Bo was at the helm that was a 41-17 loss.

• Fire 6

If the O-line improves we're gonna kick ass. We have decent backs, but we can't block right now. Line needs time to mesh. Utter is too small and played the worst of all interior linemen by far. Jerald needs to start. Lewis and Kondolo also got whipped at times. I thought Gates probably played the best of all the lineman. Saw a couple good plays where he sealed a block and hit a linebacker, allowing running room.

If the O-line improves we're gonna kick ass. We have decent backs, but we can't block right now. Line needs time to mesh. Utter is too small and played the worst of all interior linemen by far. Jerald needs to start. Lewis and Kondolo also got whipped at times. I thought Gates probably played the best of all the lineman. Saw a couple good plays where he sealed a block and hit a linebacker, allowing running room.

Good points.

Also, I love your sig.

• Fire 1

Good way to start the morning, positive, upbeat, hopeful. Yesterday was a crushing loss, but we have been on that side a couple of times recently. It takes time to develop what you want, just starting on the Riley idea. I saw positives yesterday, can honestly say I seldom saw much change after year two of the past staff, no improvement, no real development of the team and very little with the Quarterback. I saw a different Tommy Armstrong yesterday, if he continues to improve, the Oline steps up a little, we will be okay. I do not think we win the division but I see us getting in line to be able to the following year.

Hard to say great job after yesterday with the loss, but I have always said it is about how we look on the field and the sideline. For me yesterday was a very good day to be a Husker fan. I think we saw bits and pieces of what this staff will build. I am excited for the next game.

i see a lot themes to feel good about, i'm patient, i like the vibe overall...i don't expect perfection after a coaching change and with all the suspensions. recruiting can fix a lot...just like the broadcast guy said yesterday, one of the commits we got this year (I think he started I'm not sure)had a hard time committing to Oregon state, but not Riley. when it was announced that Riley was coming to Nebraska, he signed with Nebraska quickly...the thought being that Riley is a good recruiter and will have a little bit easier time here. the better players help make winning easier...

I'm optimistic for now. give it time.

Overall I thought Nebraska played pretty well. BYU posed some unique challenges with their QB and gigantic recievers making circus catches. I was really impressed with our new starters on defense, and the TACKLING of the whole group. The O-line and running backs need to get a little better, but even they had their moments. Tommy Armstrong and the recievers played great.

It just sucked to lose that game at the end in gut-punch fashion. If that pass had fallen incomplete, we'd be talking about TA's block to spring Westy's TD, and threads about Alonzo Moore's great play. Instead, because of one catch, we are subjected to thread after thread about Bozo.

I'm optimistic about this season.

• Fire 1

1. Armstrong looked really solid. I think he looked even better than most of us expected.

4. Defense was impressive for how young they are in spots. I think Gangwish had about 4-5 QB Hurries

5. The came out in the second half and just dominated most of it, that impressed me, seeing those changes at half time.

Good stuff. There was a lot of good stuff.

I loved some of the offensive formations too. It was great to see Tommy under center and Nebraska running the ball North and South again.

Good stuff. There was a lot of good stuff.

I loved some of the offensive formations too. It was great to see Tommy under center and Nebraska running the ball North and South again.

I loved seeing the QB under center.

Tommy Armstrong and the recievers played great.

Intentional grounding, the botch with Wilbon and inability to pick up 3rd and 1 qualify as a little less than "great".

I didn't say they played perfectly. But compared to last year, Armstrong was hitting recievers and they were CATCHING the balls. It looked pretty grim in that second quarter, and tbh I had flashbacks to last year, but Tommy recovered his composure and played well in the second half.