The coaches have the correct formula

Lux

The question is: would you rather be consistently ok to good or take a chance to be great and risk failing. We answered that question when we let Bo go (and I honestly think most Husker fans agreed with that move). The difference comes in when you think MR is the guy to make us great. I have my doubts.

Oh, I think plenty of doubts -- when it comes to a certain definition of "greatness". A handful stand alone in that circle. It's not easy, and most programs will need to try a number of times to get someone even close to it.

However, I think MR is the guy we needed in the worst way.

Bo trashed Nebraska's reputation for years with his act. He made it out that Nebraska was some crazy dump nobody would want to go to, or coach at. And the scary thing is, both Husker fans and some nationally were ready to embrace the idea that Nebraska is the kind of place that needs to hang on to or go after any ass as long as they were halfway decent at coaching.

Don't underestimate the value of a return to professionalism. If it doesn't work out, Riley will have a classy exit and a meaningful impact off the field. And Nebraska will try again.

Plenty of blue blood programs have cycled through unimpressive (or worse) coaches in every way. We have one who, whether he wins or not, is otherwise as impressive as they come. However this story ends, that's something to be thankful for.

Totally agree with everything you said. I would also pose a question to anyone saying that Mike Riley absolutely cannot/never will bring this program to prominence. Did you expect after 4 games this year to know that answer and since you don't see a "great" team you're ready to conclude that he cannot in fact make this program a contender?

I would also pose a question to anyone saying that Mike Riley absolutely cannot/never will bring this program to prominence. Did you expect after 4 games this year to know that answer and since you don't see a "great" team you're ready to conclude that he cannot in fact make this program a contender?

Yes

I would also pose a question to anyone saying that Mike Riley absolutely cannot/never will bring this program to prominence. Did you expect after 4 games this year to know that answer and since you don't see a "great" team you're ready to conclude that he cannot in fact make this program a contender?

Yes

You get that from your physic or your crystal ball? If it is the one that 408 used, that told him the fans, the state and the media were all against him, well, I don't think I would trust it.

Yes

You get that from your physic or your crystal ball?

I don't know what a physic is, but I got it from Riley's resume and the product on the field.

Yes

I don't know what a physic is, but I got it from Riley's resume and the product on the field.

BS. You had that opinion 9 months ago.

Yes

That would be the Riley's resume part of the equation.

Pelini was fired for his blowout losses. We have been competitive in every contest thus far IMO and the stats I presented entail we will continue to be. I think the strengths we present are very favorable entering big ten west play. Keep control on offense. Stuff the run. Let them sling it around. But don't give up a lot of points. This formula will win us/put us in position to win a lot of ball games gentlemen. I'm excited.

Pelini was fired because eichorst had an agenda and more importantly Bo did not make the changes in his coaching staff he needed to. If blowout losses are your main concern then start your coaching search now. I see us winning two games in conference this year. Going to be a rough ride, so buckle up. Good things will come though. Changes will probably start with Pearlman, eichorst and then the football program to soon follow. Pearlman took over after 2001 btw. look at the success of the universities main money making asset since...
Perlman isn't the pres anymore...
You're absolutely correct. He is just the Chancellor of the university.
Every thing you have said is correct.

Harv couldn't care less about the program as long as the stadium continues to be sold out. Isn't he retiring next summer?

yeah. He is out in 2016.

Yes

What do you propose be done, then?

Yes

Thesker could you please compile a comprehensive resume of a coach that is qualified to fill the position, after doing so please give us 3 names of coaches that meet or exceed your résumés qualifications. Thanks in advsnce

• Fire 1

Yes

Thesker could you please compile a comprehensive resume of a coach that is qualified to fill the position, after doing so please give us 3 names of coaches that meet or exceed your résumés qualifications. Thanks in advsnce

Mora, Kill, Patterson........and I'd have taken a chance on Frost over what Riley had to offer.

Hottest coordinator that Texas took a chance with? You ignorant fool, he was a head coach at Louisville. What happened to people that would call these people out? Were they all banned? Serious question?

This place has been allowed to turn into a damn joke. You have so much misinformation being thrown around this place I feel like I am watching Fox News. Just make up anything you want, and then somebody else will regurgitate it and suddenly it is the truth.

The whole lot of these mouth breathers around here and their agenda has gotten quite stale.

Hottest coordinator that Texas took a chance with? You ignorant fool, he was a head coach at Louisville. What happened to people that would call these people out? Were they all banned? Serious question?

This place has been allowed to turn into a damn joke. You have so much misinformation being thrown around this place I feel like I am watching Fox News. Just make up anything you want, and then somebody else will regurgitate it and suddenly it is the truth.

The whole lot of these mouth breathers around here and their agenda has gotten quite stale.

i am also getting tired of the chicken little crowd.