Where's Wilbon? Here's where...

knapplc

Adam Taylor, too. Phenomenal talent. Dealt with some injuries here, so it's not the same situation. Also seems to be in a little funk.

Some very talented players get past that, some struggle to put it all together. Jamal Turner is a phenom, but his Husker career just fell off the arc it looked destined to achieve early on.

Love the talent of Wilbon and Taylor and the promise they've both shown. Maybe it just never works out for them, but there is *so* much time for the script to change. If it doesn't, there are other guys that I'll love rooting for, too. How awesome is it that Devine Ozigbo is getting looks as a TFr?

i don't know... i know he's the coach, but if pass protection and pass catching are really the only issues, then for someone of mikale's talent, you have to find ways of using him where he won't be needed for pass pro. even if it is one down a series, and the entire defense knows he will be handed the ball. the reason is talent management and substitutions. it would not be good to see quality linemen and rbs leave because of the current playing policy. it also affects recruiting. this isn't the nfl.

• Fire 2

I entered this thread assuming it was a topic comparing Janovich to Burkhead. Seriously.

Talk about your massive breaking ball.

I thought this thread was going to be about #22 Aaron Green and his game winning catch for TCU.

We really could have used him this year if he had redshirted and stuck around.

It's really odd: Davie had talent last year ... this year not so much

.................... Adam Taylor showed great promise working with the practice squad, breaks an ankle, healed and this year ... no talent.

these guys have talent. Coaches jobs are to teach, inspire and motivate.

If Wilbon needs work on pass pro ... coach him up & get him back on the field

If Davie needs to adapt to the new scheme ... don't trash the guy ... coach him up pat him on the back & get him back on the field

If Adam Taylor's ankle hasn't healed up right ... get him to the sports med guys & rahab and get him back on the field.

A lot of talent right there doing nothing. The coaches need to find a way to get these guys to be productive. Players can get demoralized

when trying to adapt to a totally new system ... coaches can not let that happen. We all know it's big boy football ... but there is always the human element that needs to be motivated and inspired to allow the talent to shine thru.

We really could have used him this year if he had redshirted and stuck around.

Did he have to give up an extra year to be at TCU? Not sure he would have redshirted had he stayed. That's unusual for a guy who doesn't do it as a freshman, so we might've lost him by now anyway.

This is probably the most successful Husker transfer we've seen in recent years. Good for him.

• Fire 1

It's really odd: Davie had talent last year ... this year not so much

.................... Adam Taylor showed great promise working with the practice squad, breaks an ankle, healed and this year ... no talent.

these guys have talent. Coaches jobs are to teach, inspire and motivate.

If Wilbon needs work on pass pro ... coach him up & get him back on the field

If Davie needs to adapt to the new scheme ... don't trash the guy ... coach him up pat him on the back & get him back on the field

If Adam Taylor's ankle hasn't healed up right ... get him to the sports med guys & rahab and get him back on the field.

A lot of talent right there doing nothing. The coaches need to find a way to get these guys to be productive. Players can get demoralized

when trying to adapt to a totally new system ... coaches can not let that happen. We all know it's big boy football ... but there is always the human element that needs to be motivated and inspired to allow the talent to shine thru.

I don't know they aren't "coaching 'em up." Do you have some inside information this isn't happening? If not, why is trusting the coaches with this such an issue for so many people?

Wilbon had 6 rushes for 14 yards (2.3 ypc) against BYU. Newby had 10 for 43 (4.3 ypc). Cross had 7 for 34 yards (4.85 ypc).

In four games, Newby is averaging 5.7 yards per carry on 70 attempts for 399 yards. There's nothing wrong with those stats, especially if he is doing his job in pass protection and checkdowns. My criticism of Newby is something I'm noticing will all the backs: they seem to do too much dancing when they reach contact instead of just plowing into/over the tackler.

I wouldn't mind seeing Wilbon a little more, but I'm pretty comfortable with the coaches playing their best players. The roster will probably never be more democratic than in a new staff's first year. It's not likely they're playing favorites, or that players have earned their way into some doghouse made famous by the previous head coach.

i don't know... i know he's the coach, but if pass protection and pass catching are really the only issues, then for someone of mikale's talent, you have to find ways of using him where he won't be needed for pass pro. even if it is one down a series, and the entire defense knows he will be handed the ball. the reason is talent management and substitutions. it would not be good to see quality linemen and rbs leave because of the current playing policy. it also affects recruiting. this isn't the nfl.

If you put Wilbon in for one play, when the entire defense knows it's a run...

I gaurantee that we will no longer see threads about "where is Wilbon". They will all be replaced by "WTF is Riley doing???? Round hole! Square Peg!! rabble, rablble, rableee , arerabble..."

• Fire 6