Is there anything positive to take from yesterday's game?

NUance

What is really pissing me off is the people who are pissed about the awful coaching taking it out on the players. "THEY ARENT ELITE ENOUGH! THEY ARENT NFL CALIBER! BO POISONED THEM WITH PROPOGANDA! THEY ARENT GOOD ENOUGH FOR RILEYS SYSTEM!"

Guess what, half of Husker nation smells the bullsh#t in that excuse. The rest of the world couldn't care less about those excuses. They see Nebraska losing to interim HC Illinois in the last minute of the game. You think anyone who isn't a Husker fanatic gives two flying craps Bo told these players SE is a pu&&y?

This. Is. Riley's. Team. Now.

Maybe I should add a "for" in there.

• Fire 1

How does everyone figure Ozigbo will be the answer at RB.. You know we wont see him the rest of the year.

No, we will. Problem is we won't practice run plays. So when they are called the blocking will be off and Ozigbo will be gobbled up since the play will be obvious.

How does everyone figure Ozigbo will be the answer at RB.. You know we wont see him the rest of the year.

No, we will. Problem is we won't practice run plays. So when they are called the blocking will be off and Ozigbo will be gobbled up since the play will be obvious.

We wont see him..

Newby had 5 carries.

Westerkemp had 1 catch

DPE 1 catch and yes i know it was his 1st game back

leading receiver was Carter.. guess he will be the man the rest of the way.

Tickets should be cheap when I take my son to his first game vs Iowa.

Haha, you know, I told my daughter the exact same thing yesterday. Tickets gon' be cheap!

I'm glad I didn't buy yet. I'm traveling 1500 miles, and even at 2-9 I'm bringing my son to the game, and we're gonna have a good time, but dammit Mike, give us something to be enjoy!

I don't know where everyone gets off thinking this staff doesn't understand the importance of a solid running game. When Oregon State beat #1 ranked USC in 08', it was because of their running game. They ran a wedge block scheme where Rodgers ran behind it finding a crease. They had both more rush yards than passing yards and more attempts rushing than passing. When Riley has had the horses up front, he runs the ball. He apparently doesn't think we have the horses up front to consistently run the ball.

• Fire 1

I don't know where everyone gets off thinking this staff doesn't understand the importance of a solid running game. When Oregon State beat #1 ranked USC in 08', it was because of their running game. They ran a wedge block scheme where Rodgers ran behind it finding a crease. They had both more rush yards than passing yards and more attempts rushing than passing. When Riley has had the horses up front, he runs the ball. He apparently doesn't think we have the horses up front to consistently run the ball.

I think this is a reasonable point, good post.

I also think there's a difference between the approach across the whole of the game, and what happened on our last series on offense. And probably way too many fans are combining the two.

If we just hand the damn ball off on both 3rd and then punt on 4th, the percentage of Illinois' likelihood of winning the game drops to an incredibly low level. But it also seems obvious that we completely sucked on first down over the course of the entire game. In hindsight, we should have ran on first down, basically every first down. But you make a good point - that doesn't necessarily translate into "Riley doesn't understand the importance of running."

I think that'll be determined in more detail this Saturday. Saturday is a pivotal game.