If we go 0-5 in October, should the A.D. and coaching staff be flushed so we can get a jump on any good coaches that become available in Nov. & Dec.?

Any coach that is available come Nov or Dec is just as bad as the one you want to fire.

Unless you want to go with a future building guy, like Scott Frost, who wanted the HC job this time around. If Nebraska doesn't pick up Frost soon, someone else will, and we will be kicking ourselves for not going with him.

The dude showed Mariota clips from Nebraska games, a lot. Mariota was educated on Nebraska football and probably knows more about Nebraska football than some current Nebraska players.

Look, Frost might not be the answer, but I know I would be much more willing to let a young Nebraska guy get 4-5 years to try out his thing, then an old almost retired head coach who has proven he's .500 wherever he goes.

• Fire 6

Any coach that is available come Nov or Dec is just as bad as the one you want to fire.

Couldn't agree more. I realize Riley isn't making too many friends around Nebraska with the way he has lost games but damn give the man a year or 2. There won't be any proven coaches that are winners come available this off-season. Only one that a possibility is Bob Stoops at OU and things seem to be trending in the right direction for them finally.

A lot of these posts, numerous ones are from people that just opened accounts today or yesterday. Negative, trying to start problems. Give them a week before they can start threads, I think it has been discussed before.

Look down the list, 1 post, 3 posts on and on.

I have been over the forum for quite awhile. So I will conduct myself properly Zoogs, really don't care if I can post or not. But I think Eric and the rest of the mods should start worrying about keeping people on the site than just getting flashers that come to start problems.

I have spent a lot of money to support this site. I am done doing that.

• Fire 1

If we do that, good luck finding a coach that would want anything to do with this place.

Blah blah blah. Worst argument there is. Everybody knows the total disaster which is Nebraska football at the current moment. Pay the $ and a coach will come.

• Fire 1

If we do that, good luck finding a coach that would want anything to do with this place.

Blah blah blah. Worst argument there is. Everybody knows the total disaster which is Nebraska football at the current moment. Pay the $ and a coach will come.

Look at recent hires of "guys who would never leave/take that job". Winning teams are full of them. Head coaching now is like mercenary. The allegiance is to the highest bidder.

• Fire 1

No they wont and you are delusional if you think so. There is a reason we didn't get a top coach when Solich got canned and it has been well documented.

A lot of these posts, numerous ones are from people that just opened accounts today or yesterday. Negative, trying to start problems. Give them a week before they can start threads, I think it has been discussed before.

Look down the list, 1 post, 3 posts on and on.

I have been over the forum for quite awhile. So I will conduct myself properly Zoogs, really don't care if I can post or not. But I think Eric and the rest of the mods should start worrying about keeping people on the site than just getting flashers that come to start problems.

I have spent a lot of money to support this site. I am done doing that.

I am sorry you feel that way, and I will gladly respect the thoughts of long time posters before I continue on.

I am a life long Husker fan, and after last nights game I had to express my anger somewhere.

You have spent a lot of money to support this site, I have spent a lot of money to support Nebraska football.

I was skeptical of this hire from the start, living in Oregon I knew Riley and what he did at Oregon state. By August, I had hope, hope this wasn't that bad of a hire. Now the beginning of October and my initial fear is very well alive.

Anyways, I will go away for now, as I respect long time posters, and what makes the Husker nation so awesome is we are like one giant family.

GBR

• Fire 3

All of us are upset. Most likely me more than most, as I truly expected it be a little different with Coach Riley. I have not given up hope on him or this team. But the general sentiment of this forum seems to be swinging that way. I think we give the guy a chance, we gave the buffoon before him way too much time.

The problem that most do not consider is the fact that the kids read this stuff. They need our support and supporting the staff helps them feel they have made the right choice I would think. Everyone screaming for their demise can not be good for anything at the moment.

I was not attacking anyone for their feelings, just stating the post was for reaction more than constructive comment.

I have been Husker fan for longer than most on here. I have spent my fair share on the program, and try to help this forum since I became involved with it. But it has changed a lot in the last couple of years. Bo has done the same thing to the fan base that he did to the players. We are split, angry and not willing to wait. Mike Riley took over a real mess. WE have talent, but the mindset of the kids is not positive, as show cased by our team captain and his comments and actions. How many feel like him, who knows, but just one is enough to cause real problems.

Rome was not built in a day, Riley needs our support and the kids need it more. All this negative is not good. I admit I was very negative about the past staff, but it went farther than his coaching. These guys may not be the best coaches, but they are good people and I did not feel the same about the past staff. Bo is the only coach I have not supported, did not from day one. Still feel exactly the same.

I hope the staff figures this out, Nebraska and all of us need them to.

• Fire 2

All of us are upset. Most likely me more than most, as I truly expected it be a little different with Coach Riley. I have not given up hope on him or this team. But the general sentiment of this forum seems to be swinging that way. I think we give the guy a chance, we gave the buffoon before him way too much time.

The problem that most do not consider is the fact that the kids read this stuff. They need our support and supporting the staff helps them feel they have made the right choice I would think. Everyone screaming for their demise can not be good for anything at the moment.

I was not attacking anyone for their feelings, just stating the post was for reaction more than constructive comment.

I have been Husker fan for longer than most on here. I have spent my fair share on the program, and try to help this forum since I became involved with it. But it has changed a lot in the last couple of years. Bo has done the same thing to the fan base that he did to the players. We are split, angry and not willing to wait. Mike Riley took over a real mess. WE have talent, but the mindset of the kids is not positive, as show cased by our team captain and his comments and actions. How many feel like him, who knows, but just one is enough to cause real problems.

Rome was not built in a day, Riley needs our support and the kids need it more. All this negative is not good. I admit I was very negative about the past staff, but it went farther than his coaching. These guys may not be the best coaches, but they are good people and I did not feel the same about the past staff. Bo is the only coach I have not supported, did not from day one. Still feel exactly the same.

Only issue is Rome already had 9+ wins a year and 4 losses. We currently are more or less guaranteed to have our worst record since Callahan. Rome doesn't need built it needs tweaked that's why we hired a guy with 40+ years of coaching experience. To avoid mental breakdowns and rookie coaching mistakes

I too completely agreed with Riley enough time to build the program, but this bad in his first year? He doesn't have time to rebuild things. It was my understanding, from what was fed to us that Riley was here to win immediately. Not to wait 4-5 years for things to get turned around, and why should we wait with Riley? The man is 62. By the time he turns things around, given it is the 4-5 year window, his one good year will probably be his farewell tour before retirement.

This hire, if it was created for the future, would make since if a young promising coordinator, for sake of argument, lets say Frost, was the offensive coordinator with this staff. And he could take over the reigns after a few years and continue things.

But there is no coach on this staff capable of inheriting this program, and I am pretty sure Nebraska fans don't want anyone from this staff inheriting this program.

IMO, from the beginning Riley was going to be here 4-5 years and simply retire afterwards. The word around Oregon was he was going to Nebraska for one last hoorah and see what he could do with a big time program before riding off into the sunset.

Things are bad right now around the program. It will only get worse the more the losses accumulate.

Sure, we can give Riley the typical 4 year grace period before judging him. But it wasn't like he came into this job with a bare cupboard. This was a 9 win team. He came into this program with the experience of decades of coaching, a staff he has been with for a long time, inherited a talented group and plentiful resources.

Any coach I would think who came into this situation could muster up at least 7-8 wins. I don't see that happening, and I see no fire at all from Riley and nothing he is doing to show me any confidence he can right this ship.

With all due respect, I think you are being a little over sensitive, I think that a lot of us need to chill out.

These new cats might end up being valuable members. I don't think that this board needs to be a good ole boy club.

Just my 2 cents. Apologies if I spoke out of turn.

• Fire 1

Only issue is Rome already had 9+ wins a year and 4 losses. We currently are more or less guaranteed to have our worst record since Callahan. Rome doesn't need built it needs tweaked that's why we hired a guy with 40+ years of coaching experience. To avoid mental breakdowns and rookie coaching mistakes

Couldn't agree more. It's already proven to be a disastrous hire.

• Fire 1

Couldn't agree more. It's already proven to be a disastrous hire.

Not so sure about that, but it hasn't been a promising start.

I'm not optimistic about the future.

• Fire 1