The Tangent/Derailment Thread: 2015

zoogs

Sker we may have the talent on the team, but do we have the talented players able to play, meaning taking meaningful snaps at practice and in game reps. There is a reason we are not rotating player, only one athlete playing QB. This is not new. Roster management has been a problem of the past staff and it was admitted by them. Nearly two recuiting classes down is worse than the sanctions SC was put through.

Some are digging deep to justify the lack of performance by Riley.

No excuses. Period. He was brought it to win "meaningful" games and win them now.

LOOK AT THE FLIPPING NUMBERS.

Good lord, you have issues if you still hold this stance.

and, for the record, did you hire him? Did YOU set the expectations for year 1? No, you didn't. Stop acting as if you are the one running the university.

I'd like to see 74Hunter's opinion on these numbers. I mean I can only imagine, and I think he's probably a pretty nice guy. Just emotionally attached to the results more than some are...rather than looking at the big picture.

I mean this is a GINORMOUS piece of the picture being painted on the season.

i dont think 74 is much of a thinker. Same with TheSker. They have their opinions engraved. Not that its bad. It just is what it is. They wont allow their prideful opinions to be swayed by thinking outside the box.

If you don't think I'm much of a thinker, that's on you not me. If we're being honest, I'm most likely the most cerebral cat you've run across, chances are many can't grasp me because they can't come close to understanding me intellectually.

I'd like to see 74Hunter's opinion on these numbers. I mean I can only imagine, and I think he's probably a pretty nice guy. Just emotionally attached to the results more than some are...rather than looking at the big picture.

I mean this is a GINORMOUS piece of the picture being painted on the season.

i dont think 74 is much of a thinker. Same with TheSker. They have their opinions engraved. Not that its bad. It just is what it is. They wont allow their prideful opinions to be swayed by thinking outside the box.
If you don't think I'm much of a thinker, that's on you not me. If we're being honest, I'm most likely the most cerebral cat you've run across, chances are many can't grasp me because they can't come close to understanding me intellectually.

Really???

Will you still say seven years if it's like this after year 3?

I would say we have to give Riley seven years, even if we get curb stomped by Hastings college two years in a row.

That is the only way to fairly compare Pelini's seven years to Riley's career here. If it sucks, so be it.

Right now, we have people dredging up the worst three or four games of Pelini's seven years and saying Riley hasn't had anything like that in a half season. We cam all sit here to see if they can say that 6 1/2 years from now. :snacks:

By all rights, they should win out. I hope they do. I would love to have a shot at ruining their season.

Sorry, but this is just bleeping sad.

We are now Iowa state.

His statement has nothing to do with hoping that this is all we have to play for when Iowa comes to town. I'd love a shot at ruining their undefeated season, too. I'd also like a shot for us to improve to 8-4 on that day as well.

• Fire 1

By all rights, they should win out. I hope they do. I would love to have a shot at ruining their season.

We are now Iowa state.

His statement has nothing to do with hoping that this is all we have to play for when Iowa comes to town. I'd love a shot at ruining their undefeated season, too. I'd also like a shot for us to improve to 8-4 on that day as well.

Really, don't care, I guess we're not Iowa state, we're officially Oregon state.

A sub .500 spoiler, but nice.

I'd like to play for championships, but I guess I'm weird.

We are now Iowa state.

Really, don't care, I guess we're not Iowa state, we're officially Oregon state.

Of the many hundreds of interwebs posters I've run across, you may be the most negative person I've ever seen. Sheesh, we just had a nice win today. Maybe you should try to enjoy it.

Winnie2011-disneyscreencaps.com-1702.jpg

• Fire 4

We are now Iowa state.

Of the many hundreds of interwebs posters I've run across, you may be the most negative person I've ever seen. Sheesh, we just had a nice win today. Maybe you should try to enjoy it.

I'd give you a participation ribbon, but I don't have any.

Sorry.

We are now Iowa state.

I'd give you a participation ribbon, but I don't have any.

Sorry.

Ha ha! So you didn't even enjoy the win today at all? I realize this season is pretty much in the toilet, but there must be something positive you can take away from today's game.

• Fire 4

Some of you negative folks need to think about this for a second.

What if Riley started the season 2-4 in the first half, but finishes the season 6-0 in the second half for an 8-4 finish and a decent bowl? I'd say that's a helluva coaching job if he IS able to do that. Nevermind he would have wins against two top 10 teams along the way if those teams don't lose someplace else. Never mind the springboard response that this would create for next season. I don't realistically think that'll happen, but at least there is hope.