That last drive...

I don't care how they would have gotten it, but Nebraska needed a 1st down to keep the ball out of the hands of Wisconsin. I knew in the 3rd quarter that when Wisconsin got the ball with the wind to their back, they were gonna come back and possibly win this game. They struggled against the wind all day,

Again, not surprised by the loss, kind of surprised how we lost.

Run it three times while it forces them to use up time outs. How does criticism fall on Langsdorf for that?

Yes, run it three times is the right way to go.

Running it into the middle of the line where you have basically no chance to get a first down is not.

IIRC, 75% of our rushing yards to date were outside the tackles, so a$$hat decides to run 3 right into the middle......

• Fire 3

I don't care how they would have gotten it, but Nebraska needed a 1st down to keep the ball out of the hands of Wisconsin. I knew in the 3rd quarter that when Wisconsin got the ball with the wind to their back, they were gonna come back and possibly win this game. They struggled against the wind all day,

Again, not surprised by the loss, kind of surprised how we lost.

That's 3 games on the final play we have lost. That's coaching.........

Agree, it's coaching. He did the smart thing though, for normal football teams desperate at home. Our defense had been pretty good all game and last week we threw a pass and it cost us, today we run and it cost us, double edged sword. Different situations yes, but jeez it almost seems otherworldly at this point. Heartbreak and same thing each game, just hurts.

We lost the last game because we passed it on the last drive and people bitched. So today they ran it three times on the last drive and people still bitched.

You're right. Those two games were exactly the same situation. Exactly.
No, but we wanted them to burn their timeouts. If we tried passing on third down and don't get it, people would still bitch. They were in a lose-lose situation no matter what they did if they didn't get a first down.
No, you simply don't seem to have a clue about situational football. And apparently neither does our coaching staff.
Pretty sure I do, but thanks for the dig. Now I didn't get to see the second half, so I don't know what plays were called. If he did in fact just call three runs up the gut and not even try for the first, then yes, that was a mistake. I still think people still would have bitched no matter what they called if they didn't get the first, however.

Game was lost in the 3rd quarter. First 7 minutes. Starting at the 50 and 42 after Wisconsin 3 and outs. No points.

For whatever weird reason in the game of football in all the turnovers and penalties and so on, missed oportunities are the one thing that ALWAYS comes back to bite you. I called this outcome at that point and went into my apathetic mode. You can see it from a mile away.

• Fire 3

I was expecting a bootleg on the last drive.

Run or pass?

Nobody really knows.

A bootleg with a run/dump-pass option would have been perfect. Tommy was effective on the ground. If thrown the pass would be high-percentage. Wiscy had a timeout coming anyway, our D was on the ropes, and all Wiscy needed was 3. Just running up the gut and hoping for the best was dumb.

• Fire 1

Someone said it earlier. No complexity. No creativity in those run calls whatsoever. Just slammed our supposed, wannabe thumper straight into the line 3 times. Garbage.

We've reached the point offensively where it's obvious. They still cant figure out a guy at running back. The rotation decisions are mind boggling. At this point if they want to make even a bowl game, it's time to start runnin Tommy like a damn thumper back. Tommy Armstrong is the best running back on the team. And the fear of injury is a bullsh#t excuse too. The guy is 6-2, 220. He's also the most physical back on the the team. He aint gonna get hurt anymore running downhill than he will standing in the pocket for a second and half and then scrambling to death. And we know they have the designs in the book cuz we've seen em. Beautiful qb run designs in the 2nd quarter, and then never go back to them.

• Fire 3

Someone said it earlier. No complexity. No creativity in those run calls whatsoever. Just slammed our supposed, wannabe thumper straight into the line 3 times. Garbage.

We've reached the point offensively where it's obvious. They still cant figure out a guy at running back. The rotation decisions are mind boggling. At this point if they want to make even a bowl game, it's time to start runnin Tommy like a damn thumper back. Tommy Armstrong is the best running back on the team. And the fear of injury is a bullsh#t excuse too. The guy is 6-2, 220. He's also the most physical back on the the team. He aint gonna get hurt anymore running downhill than he will standing in the pocket for a second and half and then scrambling to death. And we know they have the designs in the book cuz we've seen em. Beautiful qb run designs in the 2nd quarter, and then never go back to them.

If anyone watched the Giants lose to the Cowboys earlier this NFL season, that is exactly what we just watched. Conservative/Questionable play calling, coupled with poor execution, and you won't win many games no matter what.

We lost the last game because we passed it on the last drive and people bitched. So today they ran it three times on the last drive and people still bitched.

Last game, runs would have killed most of the clock. This game, with the TO situation, three uninspired runs only served to give WI the ball as quickly as possible. We needed a first down to kill any significant clock and we should have been playing for that instead of purposefully getting them the ball. That wasn't the case last game where our two panicky, poorly executed passes called their time outs for them.

Beck 2.0

I agree 100%. Free TA and let him run. This board has said year after year, dual threat QB's are the hardest to defend, yet our brilliant HC and OC have taken this dimension away. Idiots.

• Fire 2