***Northwestern Game Thread***

Branno

Riley's hands are tied with no backup for TA. If we are going to win this, TA has to play like a collage QB, not like he is on a sandlot.

GBR!!!

How do we know there is no capable backup? Have we seen anyone else play this year? Darlington looked fairly good in spring game but now one would think he transferred to Dana College, which doesn't even exist anymore.

Don't you think if Riley thought there was a better choice, he would try it. We are still in this. Let's hope TA plays like he did last week, in the 2nd half, or just a little better than what he showed so far.

GBR!!!

GBR!!!

My first half observations:

- Thorson is deceptively quick and our defense is playing him timidly. On both of his long runs, particularly the second one, our defenders slowed up as if they were expecting him to slide or go down. Instead he barreled ahead for a huge gain.

- Penalties. I will say the refs have called a decent game, but they blew two HUGE holding calls on that last Wildcats drive. One on the play before Thorson's run, and then on Thorson's run itself. That said, I'm frustrated with one of our defensive linemen who decided to throw his arms up as he was getting held instead of trying to fight to Thorson. Even if you think you're being held you have to keep playing as best as you can - don't give up mid play and throw your arms up.

- Proud of the defensive effort so far sans those two big runs. They've been playing pretty darn well, though we did get lucky on that dropped TD pass near the end of the half.

- We need a better running presence in second half. This isn't a great day for TA. Where is a guy like Ozigbo, especially since TA hasn't been brilliant on 3rd down this whole game.

Where is Ozigbo? Where is Wilbon? Why was Stevenson's shirt burned?

• Fire 2

My first half observations:

- Thorson is deceptively quick and our defense is playing him timidly. On both of his long runs, particularly the second one, our defenders slowed up as if they were expecting him to slide or go down. Instead he barreled ahead for a huge gain.

- Penalties. I will say the refs have called a decent game, but they blew two HUGE holding calls on that last Wildcats drive. One on the play before Thorson's run, and then on Thorson's run itself. That said, I'm frustrated with one of our defensive linemen who decided to throw his arms up as he was getting held instead of trying to fight to Thorson. Even if you think you're being held you have to keep playing as best as you can - don't give up mid play and throw your arms up.

- Proud of the defensive effort so far sans those two big runs. They've been playing pretty darn well, though we did get lucky on that dropped TD pass near the end of the half.

- We need a better running presence in second half. This isn't a great day for TA. Where is a guy like Ozigbo, especially since TA hasn't been brilliant on 3rd down this whole game.

Where is Ozigbo? Where is Wilbon? Why was Stevenson's shirt burned?

Why is our ST horrible? Why do we have the worst pass defense in the country? Why do we get penalized so much? Why does our QB have poor mechanics? Nothing but endless questions with zero answers. That's what you get with failed leadership.

Again to Langs. ROLLING HIM OUT INCREASES HIS ABILITY TO THROW!

Yep, he also gets his shoulders turned and makes the better throw. You can't throw off your back foot when you are rolling out and moving forward.

Gentlemen, um, his pick 7 today was a roll out right. His pathetic OT pick at Miami was a roll out right. Gentlemen, you may think you want to see TA roll right more but let me tell you, you don't.

It wasn't a planned roll out today. It was improvised, and I like TA to improvise, but the weak off balance throws have to stop.

Did anyone see Memphi's offense last night? They were running the option mixed with passing. Not the read option, the Eric Crouch run for a touchdown option.

The Spread Option offense needs to be the staple here at Nebraska. Only Scott Frost comes to mind as a guy who would re-introduce power run with spread option plays. But we won't get Frost with Perlwoman and Pederhorst in charge.

• Fire 2