Mike Reilly won't be fired

Bottom line is, nothing is going to change until Eichorst is gone. I wish Barry Alvarez would do his alma mater a favor and retire early so that Eichorst can go to Wisconsin, and then we can hire someone who understands Nebraska football and will make it a top priority to return this program to its former glory.

Agreed!

I've watched every huskers for the last 25 years, and I have pulled my support for them as of yesterday. I will not support any coach hired again by either the Pearlman or Eichorst regime. If I feel this way then I know many others feel this way as well. You can fire a coach after one year if you are getting a new AD and chancellor as well. Then you have the excuse to do it. So we might be able to flush this moron after this year before he runs the program to deep into the ground. We can't afford to loose to many recruiting classes.

You want to feel like this all should have been known? Read all the old articles from when he was at oregon state.

Examples: (Read the comments its almost as if they are saying the same thing) <forehead slap> :dumdum

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2014/11/risk_of_firing_mike_riley_far.html

sample from comments:

"adam

Nov 7, 2014

Recruiting and $$ challenges does not explain an offense with a senior QB not being able to run a two minute drill. It does not excuse throwing 2 fade routes in the end zone to a freshman WR on 3nd and 4th and goal when you've been running the ball well all day long or on 3rd and 2 against UTAH when you have the chance to put Utah away. The play calling has been dreadful. It's been incredibly vanilla as well. Drop back passes all day long. Very few screens or fly sweeps or other types of misdirection and trick plays. The defense knows exactly where Mannion will be on almost every play. And tell me we can't recruit a mobile QB when Eastern Washington can come to our house and beat us with one.

I want to hear from the Riley defenders on this one."

"

• Fire 4

Why do people think Wisconsin would give Eichorst the AD job????? Wisconsin would be foolish to do so, unless this was some behind the scenes sabotaged ordered from Alvarez himself to tell Eichorst what to do.

Look at Eichorsts resume.

Give Pelini contract extension, fire him the following year.

Hire Mike Riley who is a flop.

Dude has done nothing to warrant a future hire.

I reading and most posters believe money can bring in the next "Nick Saban" to coach here.

Lincoln, Nebraska home of Big Red Football. Being honest but why in the world would you come here where you have to work twice as hard to bring in top notch talent from places like Texas, California, or Florida. Why? Money? If Alabama pays Saban $4mil a year, you have to pay someone here $6mil.

Coaching here is harder....take alot more money, time and resources.

This is why you have to hire someone who has midwest roots. Frost, Venables, or Bieliema.

Venables to me could be the missing link, but I don't know if he is ever going to come back this way. For those who don't know, Brent Venables played linebacker at KSU, coached there, went to OU with Stoops, and now is DC at Clemson. Been known as a recruiter, and has some ties to Texas.

We like to believe we have resources, facilities, and money. All those things help, but we don't have location, and we don't have a recruiting hot bed in which we can pluck talent from in our backyard.

Tradition meant something 20 years ago, but now, its about way more than that. Nebraska was a name stay on TV for decades, now everyone is on TV a lot. Crying out loud a winless KU team has had all but one game on TV this season.

Compare all things included in this thought process. They are not knocking the door down to come here. Just won't happen with everything else thats out there.

Edited by Mavric
Merged. Sorry, there are enough "next coach" threads.

You want to feel like this all should have been known? Read all the old articles from when he was at oregon state.

Examples: (Read the comments its almost as if they are saying the same thing) <forehead slap> :dumdum

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2014/11/risk_of_firing_mike_riley_far.html

sample from comments:

"adam

Nov 7, 2014

Recruiting and $$ challenges does not explain an offense with a senior QB not being able to run a two minute drill. It does not excuse throwing 2 fade routes in the end zone to a freshman WR on 3nd and 4th and goal when you've been running the ball well all day long or on 3rd and 2 against UTAH when you have the chance to put Utah away. The play calling has been dreadful. It's been incredibly vanilla as well. Drop back passes all day long. Very few screens or fly sweeps or other types of misdirection and trick plays. The defense knows exactly where Mannion will be on almost every play. And tell me we can't recruit a mobile QB when Eastern Washington can come to our house and beat us with one.

"

wow the exact same things husker fans bitch about now the beavers said years ago

sample from comments:

"adam

Nov 7, 2014

"

wow the exact same things husker fans bitch about now the beavers said years ago

perfect, we are so blessed to have MR, just don't know what we been missin...........