Mike Reilly won't be fired

Obviously...Dan McCarney. Has Big 10 pedigree with Iowa and Wisconsin. Has worked under guys like Alvarez and Fry. Has head coaching experience in the Big 12 and actually had success at ISU. Main emphasis has always been O and D lines and has a history of getting the most out of what he has to work with...and he's available and probably cheap.

The dude is currently winless at North Texas, for God's sake. Come on, people. We need a LEGIT coach. Someone with a proven track record, someone with championships, someone who is a top-notch recruiter. Not sure why some people cannot understand this.

Husker fans are...........................................................................unpleaseable.

Funny, but I don't really like Bieliema that much, but he is who is being described in almost every post, on each thread and by most fans who call in.

He is a run first coach, knows the landscape, and has coached in Big 10 title games and won!

Fans ------decide whats best for the program and stick with it, but that sexy hire with glamourous name isn't going to come here right now, and definately won't come here if we fire another coach this season. Bieliema might be available though!

"BS SEC," huh? LOL -- and you talk about being delusional? You play the Sabans and Meyers and Miles and of the country week after week, and get back to me on how many conference titles you win. Heck, we got shellshocked by Bielema for God's sake, and he's a lower-tier SEC coach. Richt has won BCS bowls; he's won multiple SEC titles; he consistently lands Top 5 recruiting classes. Sorry you fail to see that.

And as far as Tressel goes, you're speaking purely from personal speculation. Don't assume anything, because, well, you know.

The frickng SEC East is not even close to the caliber of the West, don't give me that crap. You might buy into the BS that ESPN sells on a daily basis, but I don't. You keep bringing him up every Husker loss and claim SEC fatigue as an excuse for him losing making it somehow a good reason to hire him? You are friggin delusional if you think Richt is some juggernaut coach in waiting.

Fact of the matter is Mark Richt and Georgia re faring about as well in their division as Bo Pelini did in his while he was here. Average.

And yes, my opinion is Tressel would have no interest in coaching here. If he wanted to get back in the game there are better positions actually available, Nebraska isn't open. So pleae keep spewing your nonsense as fact when it's just bloated opinion.

Here's the reality. Get ready. Riley isn't going to get fired. We are on the hook for Bo's contract and Riley's contract now. If we fire Riley we are paying 2 staffs salaries with no coach on the sideline....people with the money don't like this. There are several more attractive jobs that are coming open, or are already vacant on the CFB landscape; USC, South Carolina, and probably Miami, plus a few more I'm sure. That leaves NU pretty far on the pecking order, meaning we probably get stuck with another scrub. The truth is we probably can't afford a top flight staff at this point even if we could convince said staff to choose NU over more attractive jobs. We are just going to have to take it up the tail pipe for a few years untill we can clean up our mess. Just my 2 cents.

• Fire 1

Whats jobs will be open:

Miami

Arkansas

USC

KSU-Snyder will retire or should

Auburn-maybe

Va Tech

Don't think all these will be open, but certainly could.

This is why I think Bieliema could be a good choice. Everyone wants the old Nebraska teams back.....pound the rock system. That is what Bieliema is and knows.

He is not a SEC coach. He isn't winning enough for that school and the demands.

SExy job is USC. That will be the top job open. Sorry, even if we fire Riles, were not the front runner job on that list. Honestly other than KSu, and Va Tech, all the rest would get better hires, in my opinion. Recruiting is easier to Miami, USC and more than likely Ark and Auburn. I can put us with Arkansas, but not Auburn and the other two.

Are you kidding me, I would rather put my member in the meat grinder than get that fat pig as our coach.

"BS SEC," huh? LOL -- and you talk about being delusional? You play the Sabans and Meyers and Miles and of the country week after week, and get back to me on how many conference titles you win. Heck, we got shellshocked by Bielema for God's sake, and he's a lower-tier SEC coach. Richt has won BCS bowls; he's won multiple SEC titles; he consistently lands Top 5 recruiting classes. Sorry you fail to see that.

And as far as Tressel goes, you're speaking purely from personal speculation. Don't assume anything, because, well, you know.

The frickng SEC East is not even close to the caliber of the West, don't give me that crap. You might buy into the BS that ESPN sells on a daily basis, but I don't. You keep bringing him up every Husker loss and claim SEC fatigue as an excuse for him losing making it somehow a good reason to hire him? You are friggin delusional if you think Richt is some juggernaut coach in waiting.

Fact of the matter is Mark Richt and Georgia re faring about as well in their division as Bo Pelini did in his while he was here. Average.

And yes, my opinion is Tressel would have no interest in coaching here. If he wanted to get back in the game there are better positions actually available, Nebraska isn't open. So pleae keep spewing your nonsense as fact when it's just bloated opinion.

Last time I checked, Bo never won any conference titles, nor did he win any BCS bowls. Yes the West is tougher, but not by much... not to mention that during the season you play teams from both sides, so what's your point? It's painfully obvious that your personal dislike of Richt is blinding you from his credentials. You continue to throw around the word 'delusional' as if it's a new word you just learned. If you don't like my posts, by all means, add me to your 'Ignore' list. In the meantime, keeping your incessant psychobabble to yourself.

Screen-Shot-2014-01-02-at-9.24.35-PM.png

1. Everyone is right, Riley isn't going to get fired. Due to the messed up contracts the school is already stuck paying. Our only hope is Riley is such a nice guy he realizes he is in over his head here, doesnt want to continue being scrutinized and decides to "retire" from Nebraska.

2. I'll take Riley over Bielema. Bielema is a giant ass. He also has zero loyalty if he suddenly came to Nebraska from Arkansas, as he ditched on Wisconsin, who gave him a shot, and that means he would have bolted on Arkansas, so i would not trust him.

3. IF Auburn becomes available, we hire Gus Malzahn.

I think the only way Riley leaves in the next two years, is if he says he is in over his head, and walks away.

Things have changed greatly since our glory years. Everyone has the same facilities, the same training, the same road graders available. Thinking that just going back to what we were is going to happen is wishful at best.

If we were to replace Coach Riley, it must be a big name coach, that has proven history. Not going to be Tressel, and he is damned near the same age as Riley, so if he did come how long would you have him. I truly have no suggestions, Richt is a great guy, but does not have the killer instinct that we need here.

Still happy we let the past staff go, but I can see things are not what I expected or had hoped for. Still will support the staff and the kids. It seems like it is going to be a long rest of the season and a very long off season.

5 games by a total 15 points, does not happen often.

Sucks.

Richt can recruit, but you said it, can't win the big one. If your recruiting at a rate where your Top 10 each and almost every year, you don't get beat by anyone unless its Alabama. That would be the only really acceptable loss if I was recruiting at that level.

Richt won't be able to recruit Top 10 nationally to Nebraska. Top 25 maybe, but not Top 10. His talent comes from the South, that talent will not come here. Recruiting is 75% of the battle, but the other 25% is coaching them up to their ability level. Callahan recruiting at a decent level, but couldn't coach them up at all.

My beef with him is not personal dislike, its just looking at what he has in place now, and thinking about his overall record against Top 10 teams and how he has done against those teams. Winning some SEC title when Alabama wasn't Alabama, and Florida didn't have Meyer, and LSU was down, doesn't cut it for me. Go out and win the SEC when you can beat those teams when they are Top tier, not down.

Recruiting is a great tool, but if you can't see that only those like Saban, Miles, Meyer, and Harbaugh get the most and get the most out of the talent, look again. KSU with Snyder never is a Top 30 class in recruiting, but in the last few years have won the Big 12 and had several chances to win the Big 12. That staff coaches players up, and recruits what they need. Snyder built his program based on how TO did it here. The only difference is tradition. KSU will never have what is here.

Last time I checked, Bo never won any conference titles, nor did he win any BCS bowls. Yes the West is tougher, but not by much... not to mention that during the season you play teams from both sides, so what's your point? It's painfully obvious that your personal dislike of Richt is blinding you from his credentials. You continue to throw around the word 'delusional' as if it's a new word you just learned. If you don't like my posts, by all means, add me to your 'Ignore' list. In the meantime, keeping your incessant psychobabble to yourself.

Screen-Shot-2014-01-02-at-9.24.35-PM.png

The SEC is so big and bad? A&M just lost 23-3 to Ole Miss, couldnt score a TD. Ole Miss lost to Memphis AT HOME after beating big bad Bama. Bama just barely beat Tenessee who has been finishing next to last in the East forever now.

They aren't that damned much better than any other league, but by all means continue paying for that ESPN insider info.

And I never said Richt was a bad coach. He is average. And we want to get away from being average. And FYI Rileybisnt getting canned this year.

Dude, you don't get it, you don't want to get it, you're never gonna get it. Just give it up.

As far as "ESPN Insider Info" I don't need it. I live in Louisiana and see it myself. There are no pushovers in the SEC. Sure a team like Memphis may get a win against an SEC team, but if they were in the SEC and played an SEC schedule, they wouldn't be undefeated right now, I can assure you of that. Going undefeated in the SEC is nearly impossible.