Mike Reilly won't be fired

I wouldn't complain if Stewart gets lets go. Jury's still out on Banker, I don't know how much of a hand he has in the secondary being this bad. Langsdorf hasn't shown me anything to believe that he's more than just Watson/Beck 2.0 at this point. What I just don't get with regard to those two is why Langsdorf and Banker both refuse to stick with what works (Langsdorf with trying to get the running game going and Banker with bringing pressure).

I was at the game. Langsdorf stuck with the run majority of the game. I think he called a good game considering how bad our OL was getting beat. Receivers missed easy catches, and Tommy made a horrendous decision on the pick six. I'm more encouraged than most by the play calling. Special teams and the late game collapses are the biggest concerns by far. Secondary continues to improve.

• Fire 1

I wouldn't complain if Stewart gets lets go. Jury's still out on Banker, I don't know how much of a hand he has in the secondary being this bad. Langsdorf hasn't shown me anything to believe that he's more than just Watson/Beck 2.0 at this point. What I just don't get with regard to those two is why Langsdorf and Banker both refuse to stick with what works (Langsdorf with trying to get the running game going and Banker with bringing pressure).

I was at the game. Langsdorf stuck with the run majority of the game. I think he called a good game considering how bad our OL was getting beat. Receivers missed easy catches, and Tommy made a horrendous decision on the pick six. I'm more encouraged than most by the play calling. Special teams and the late game collapses are the biggest concerns by far. Secondary continues to improve.

Good point. Our guys were in position for a few different nice plays/possible scores but didn't make them. Tommy overthrew Newby a bit on a wheel route, Reilly dropped a nice pass in the endzone. Turner had a few drops and hesitated on a deep route where the ball was well thrown. Tariiq Allen dropped a good ball toward the end of the game. Special teams were poor. I'm not usually into really ragging on coaches or calling for heads, but man... Read....

NUMBERS DON'T LIE

Nebraska is a program that for the past 7 straight season produced teams with at least 9 wins.

If Mike Riley & his staff cannot manage to produce at least 6 wins with pretty much the same talent from last season, then there is no choice...

...Nebraska MUST, Nebraska SHOULD for the betterment of the entire program, cut their losses at the end of the season, clean house, and bring in a coach that will bring back POWER FOOTBALL and a commitment to the running game.

Duke, I think you should consider changing your screen name to 'The CONSCIENCE'.

Your posts are consistently right on the money and have been throughout (at least) this football season.

There is no, and I mean absolutely NO reason to continue this little experiment any longer.

Heads need to roll. The house needs to be cleaned. Things have gotten very, very ugly. This hire was a spectacular botch on so many levels.

We have completely abandoned the concepts which made Husker football HUSKER FOOTBALL. There is nothing special or unique about our football team anymore, other than the passion and continued support of our fanbase filling up that stadium for every home game.

Well, this fanbase has been absolutely taken,deceived, and ripped off. Wake up people. We are witnessing the destruction of Husker football happening before our very eyes.

I remember everyone thinking a monkey could take us to 9 wins. I wanted Bo gone as bad as anyone, I think he was a cancer, I think he had hit his ceiling, had a God complex, and a horribly ugly demeanor and attitude. Yet we traded him in for a career .500 coach in a completely reactionary move, who runs a system completely antithetical to Husker football, which is very similar to a system which has failed here before, who has shown he does not have the ability to adapt, and who seems to have extreme loyalty to his staff, a flaw which Bo was rightly criticized for.

We have an administration and athletic department who are killing, absolutely KILLING Husker football. The longer we allow this to happen, the worse it is going to get. Something needs to be done immediately.

If this post were an elixir, I would gulp it down. Ah! Delicious!

• Fire 1

Ask me 2 or 3 years from now when it actually happens.

And, as I've explained before, the correct answer is Mark Richt.

A lot of young up-and-comers are being mentioned in this thread. But if they can't recruit to Lincoln, it doesn't matter how good they are. We need a BIG name and PROVEN winner/recruiter.

Keep Riley for at least two more years and fire Langsdorf, Banker, Read, and Stewart. Bring in an OC with a power mindset and adapts to player abilities rather than force an obvious scrambler to try and be a pocket passer. Don't care what we do for DC as long as he gets the job done and can recruit.

Keep Riley for at least two more years and fire Langsdorf, Banker, Read, and Stewart. Bring in an OC with a power mindset and adapts to player abilities rather than force an obvious scrambler to try and be a pocket passer. Don't care what we do for DC as long as he gets the job done and can recruit.

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. Langsdorf is one of the primary reasons why POB committed to Nebraska.

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. Langsdorf is one of the primary reasons why POB committed to Nebraska.

So you wouldn't fire an inept cordinator for one recruit? Makes sense. I'm sure he could either secure POB/find another QB or two. Which I think we need anyway.